Search results

1. SVI2004A

Looking for 80V 12,000uF 35mmx80mm cappies

Not often i run into this issue I am doing up some of my Technics SU-V8X amps (this also applies to SE-A5MK2 and SE-A70) originally 8,200uF 80V (35mmx80mm) but now with LV2 outputs , emitter resistors and rectifiers can tidily up this to 12,000uf caps Come across these - but mouser or...
  2. SVI2004A

Cake grabbing counterfeit!

Just when you think youve seen it all.... Certainly not a genuine STK4241
  3. SVI2004A

Kawai DX900 Organ

Finally bought another organ.... a Kawai DX900... a TOTL spinet of its time... has full drawbars and inbuilt Leslie speaker.... real good sounds it has... Years back I had the DX800 which was right up there too, but had to sell due to copious amounts of fecal matter making contact w/ a fan...
  4. SVI2004A

Help me find a 10 inch sub w/ (preferably 4 inch coil) double magnet subwoofer driver

i know it’s a long shot, bet they’re out there.... I run power hungry 4th order bandpass, that really delivers the goods in depth.... fell asleep on the piss... n you all know how mp3 changes volume track to track... cooked some alpine dvc subs (not in pic) was running Alpine R type SWR10D2...
  5. SVI2004A

Trying to find the model of some older Pioneer DJ headphones

Back 2008/9 I was doing some Sound mixing for live music at a club.... they had these Pioneer DJ headphones (somewhat older) sounded really good - been trying to find a pair... These ones have something I have not seen on any other headphones... on the back of the driver unit there was another...
  6. SVI2004A

Fernseh monster... bloody old.

mate on a farm asked me what this contraption is... 2 crts I’m at a loss.... this is pre pcb era - and at the core is some kind of light tunnel that a (slide/film) goes into And has a Fernseh VFS 910S “photo multiplier” - quite possibly the most interesting tube I have seen Anyway he was...
  7. SVI2004A

Technics ST-Z400 region conversion (MCS / Curtis Mathes)

a whie back I got a Curtis Mathes KA270 amp with KT330 Tuner in superb condition... after the usual de Americanisation (changing power xfmrs) I was irked that the tuner was stuck in American format (10khz step on am) I decrypted the LSI operation and by simply moving a diode it is now in the...
  8. SVI2004A

Post YOUR favourite STK based amp/receiver

Was reading another thread on here of someone surprised of how good their stk based receiver sounded which surprised them compared to their much more costly larger setup... was thinking cool to hear of these capers So I thought there’s no thread like this... and wonder what Hybrid IC (STK/SVI...
  9. SVI2004A

Monsterous Deep.... Damn

come across this surfin about on YouTube- The human voice is capable of some impressive feats...
  10. SVI2004A

Audio Anonymous

Hi I am Baily and I am addicted to buying Technics SU-V4X amplifiers... bought 2 just today... can't seem to stop. ( 5 in the last 4 months) Is there anyone else out there that can't stop buying certain pieces of equipment? Do share (or am I the only one addicted)
  11. SVI2004A

What did USA do to vex Denon?

it seems that USA and Canadian models of one of their power amps got a lil under baked on the heatsink... See attached service manual info.... It has no advantage to fit it with smaller outputs Anyone seen this in other brands/models?
  12. SVI2004A

whoever said power ic output stage is less is a frickin moron

I have been on ere for a tad... I am listening to a Technics SU-V4X at fair on WOT (wide open throttle) for the last ten hours. 65 watts my ass. the speakers on it are sony. SS-XG100AV (6 ohm) had the volume at 90% for the last 10 hours...... anyone who says power ics suck is a ****ing idiot...
  13. SVI2004A

The Ying, The Yang, The Balance and the Piss Off...

Orright heres the story.... June 30th 2013 my Technics SE-A3MK2 gave up. the 29th it was fine when powered off..... (mind you it gets really cold here in that time of year overnight) enough so to see a little dew on the meterglass after 20 mins or so after power up. So i got the meter out...
  14. SVI2004A

Same model number... Different ratings.

While looking at some pro amps I noted that the Oceania model was rated @ 4 ohm / 8 bridged, and American model rated to 8 / 16 bridged. Anyone else come across differences like this? Above is Oceania version Below is USA version
  15. SVI2004A

2SA995 2SC2291 unobtanium

Anyone have this unobtanium? Or had to replace it with something available? In this case I'd need to have both in same rank I suspect...
  16. SVI2004A

Help - Discrete V-Amp / cascade

My big cat (Technics SE-A3MK2) went int a constant protect mode.... It comes to the voltage amp / cascade pcb.... I checked EVERY bipolar transistor... No collector emitter shorts.... Each transistor has ONE WAY conductivity B-C B-E... Polarity affirms this... Yet I am getting -80V on one...
  17. SVI2004A

The Unobtanium Transistor Reference

I have a cascade/differential board here that needs new transistors. As expected I have run into unobtanium... So I decided to start this thread, where all here can discuss equivalents.... Which I will keep updating this post ( like the 130W+ reciever thread) Why on AK? There's a lot of...
  18. SVI2004A

Mixed bag from local auction (Sansui/Kenwood/Optonica)

I mentioned some time back that I spotted some Sansui spkrs... Little did I know they come with the following... Did this on iPhone will post more on ipad I remember when Amps were Amps & Speakers were nervous...
  19. SVI2004A

Sansui big ass spkrs SP 5500?

Saw these might be up for grabs... I think these have the making of a sensational spkr.... Anyone heard these? I'm keen but curious I remember when Amps were Amps & Speakers were nervous...
  20. SVI2004A

Voltage amp IC needed to drive Darlington power IC

Have a slight unobtanium issue with AN7060. Looking for an IC to drive a Darlington power IC - see pic (components in dotted line is in power IC) Have seen similar ICs in discrete output amps and later model amps... Any clues to part numbers would be good.
  21. SVI2004A

12 inch woofer 4 inch coil selenium... Pros cons?

Hiya all, Got a pair of Technics SB-X700 speakers. In mint shape except the old folk that had them replaced the woofers instead of re-edging them :( They put in 12 inch dai-1-chi woofers. I want to really lift the standards here. I am really wanting to fit drivers with a large diameter...
  22. SVI2004A

PCB silk screening misprint

I have noticed on a few amps I have of identical model number, that the 1st run of them had a misprint on the main pcb. The Power IC is 16 pin, but on the 1st run on the PCB it has 17 next to the IC pins... in the latter it has 16. I wonder if any of you out there have any audio gear that has...
  23. SVI2004A

Anyone on here win that V4X on the bay?

Am curious to know if this lovely amp was acquired by a fellow AKer... Seller didnt know how to write Australia on the box, so i couldt get it... As for the volume pot issue it has most likely deoxit is needed... I just hope it went to a good home
  24. SVI2004A

VU Meters AND a TUBE in a Car Stereo!!!

Couldnt believe what i was seeing... Panasonic none the less
  25. SVI2004A

The Massive TO3 amplifier nudie thread

I had started a thread about the Big SanKen amps, and a load of the TO3 amps surfaced... In all fairnessI thought it best that these monsters get their own thread... May the nudies begin
Back
Top Bottom