Search results

1. shedshrine

Pioneer SA-9500 II Amp..New to me

RE: original poster 9500 cartridge load controls question (from a mere 14 years ago. Hope you got it sorted!) I find I end up with both cartridge load controls over to the right, gives the brightest sound. Once in a awhile turn the top control back one if the vinyl is particularly bright...
  2. shedshrine

If vinyl is back, is it time for these to come back as well? Dynamic expanders..

Hey thanks for all the input! The gist I'm getting is that it works great for some things, not so much for others. To that end... Not hooked up yet but it will be Rogue processor out to Schitt Loki to dbx 119 to Rogue processor return. Completely switchable in and out of circuit so best of both...
  3. shedshrine

If vinyl is back, is it time for these to come back as well? Dynamic expanders..

Wow, okay so you know the score with these. Fantastic. I will do some due diligence to get a bead on how these are used, but If you've got a minute... What do you find to be the 'standard' settings to get the desired effect? Where do you patch these in? Does the subharmonic synth get...
  4. shedshrine

Well, if vinyl is back (at least for some), then I guess these things might make a comeback as well (don't know if they were even popular in their heyday). Dynamic expanders...re-capping a dbx 119 Came across an article about fixing up old dbx compander units and realized I've got a couple of...
  5. shedshrine

Division of Joy Pleasures that are Unknown 1980 2007

When it comes to vinyl, those albums you really would like to have, I never thought I’d ever possess an original press of Joy Divisions' Unknown Pleasures. Yeah, that Ian Curtis' story is compelling, and the Hannett veritable walk-in fridge production is a great story. I've dug the division of...
  6. shedshrine

Today's Experimental/Avant-garde/Noise Playlist

Yves/ Son/ Ace - Dead Life Released 07 August 2013 " Droney, pulsating album of post-industrial post-dub post-pop weirdness by Yves/Son/Ace, which sees Factums/Love Tan dude Matthew Ford under his spooky alias with some late night thuds and bloops and rumbles to unsettle your...
  7. shedshrine

Today's Progressive Rock Tunes

Early on getting back into vinyl store owner said "hey, you ever heard of Gentle Giant? No?" He walked over to the dollar bin, handed me a heavily water damaged copy of Glass House "Take this home. Thank me later" Months later, when I started entering my collection online I couldn't find a...
  8. shedshrine

Today's JAZZ playlist

Milt Jackson and Coleman Hawkins Bean Bags Circa 1975 pressing Slighty water damaged dollar bin find, looked hardly played if at all.
  9. shedshrine

Today's JAZZ playlist

10. shedshrine

Today's JAZZ playlist

11. shedshrine

Your Latest Additions (LP)......

not exactly latest latest acquisitions, but here they are..
  12. shedshrine

Music Related Books

13. shedshrine

Today's JAZZ playlist

Holy crap what a week. Wife working from home now, kid home, I was deemed immuno compromised and sent home to work due to cancer chemo/rad fun a few months back. (i'm "fine" now, thank you) Wishing the best to everyone out there. Take care. Might as well post some vinyl since i'm sitting here...
  14. shedshrine

Holy crap what a week. Wife working from home now, kid home, I was deemed immuno compromised and sent home to work due to cancer chemo/rad fun a few months back. (i'm "fine" now, thank you) Wishing the best to everyone out there. Take care. Might as well post some vinyl since i'm sitting here...
  15. shedshrine

Music Related Books

I guess he got booked at the Sands.
  16. shedshrine

I liked his tape/electronics based Legende de Eere and Electro-Acoustic Music albums so took a chance on this 1969 avante-classical press I just got from the new arrivals bin today. Stuff I've gleaned reading about it thus far: Avante Garde that bypassed the twelve tone approach of its time in...
  17. shedshrine

That is such the great blues album title!
  18. shedshrine

Music Related Books

Well researched, well written new book out on guitars, amplifiers, inventors, musicians and history. (this copy goes back to the library Monday..)
  19. shedshrine

(deleted, wrong forum) Have a nice day.
  20. shedshrine

Have used this album cover for my forum avatars forever. Delia Derbyshire of the BBC Radiophonic Workshop There's a reel to reel deck they are doing tape splice edits on in this documentary that looks exactly like this Akai model. __________________ Her longest known work Circle Of Light
  21. shedshrine

Jazz Fusion Playlist

More Holdsworth. The synthaxe stuff has grown on me a little more over time..
  22. shedshrine

Today's Frank Zappa Playlist

Say, have any of you guys heard about this? Zappa to holographically tour 100 tour dates in 2019.. ______________________________________________
  23. shedshrine

Jazz Fusion Playlist

Thanks. I remember being quite happy to come across a copy of this that didn't have heavy ring wear and hadn't been played to death by some 70's McLaughlin fanatic trying to cop licks off it. :)
  24. shedshrine

Jazz Fusion Playlist

Back
Top Bottom