Search results

1. Bob_in_OKC

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Nanci Griffith - Other Voices, Other Rooms
  2. Bob_in_OKC

Any Tone Poet fans here?

Tone Poet edition of Dexter Gordon One Flight Up arrived last night. These records seem to have such a nice authoritative feel about the sound.
  3. Bob_in_OKC

Today's JAZZ playlist

Trying something new today with Nils Landgren Funk Is My Religion.
  4. Bob_in_OKC

Girls on LP cover - REDUX

If I remember correctly, the OP of the original Gals on LP Covers thread wondered aloud why were there were women on LP covers who had no relation to the musical content. It often reminds me of Miles Ahead, and Miles Davis reportedly asking the same thing about his own album. Original version...
  5. Bob_in_OKC

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Pinchas Zukerman, Jacqueline Du Pré, Daniel Barenboim - Beethoven Piano Trios
  6. Bob_in_OKC

Your Favorite Singer / Songwriters... Go!

Patty Griffin
  7. Bob_in_OKC

Any Tone Poet fans here?

I’m on my first Tone Poet, today. Jimmy Smith - Prayer Meetin’. Remarkable. I bought three more, so we’ll see how those go. Edit - Now I’m half a track into Herbie Hancock - My Point of View. Really nice on first impression.
  8. Bob_in_OKC

Does anyone recognize these speakers...

One visual difference with Cerwin-Vega is their grills lay over the face. You can’t see the gap along the edge with the old CV speakers like the D3. The grills on the speakers in question here are set in.
  9. Bob_in_OKC

When was the last time you watched a DVD/Blue Ray movie on a player?

The last physical disc I watched was Scorsese’s documentary on Bob Dylan on a DVD player that has remained hooked up continuously for many years. It was sometime last year.
  10. Bob_in_OKC

A clean signal path

To get good performance you generally do need all that separate. USB is a better option for DACs than onboard sound or adding a card. A headphone amp like a Schiit Magni is better than the headphone output in a PC or a receiver.
  11. Bob_in_OKC

Classy Women

12. Bob_in_OKC

Bookshelf speakers poll

That poll needs a Wharfedale option and a PSB option. And could do without Edifier and Audioengine.
  13. Bob_in_OKC

Post a picture of your record collection

I keep mine in a closet inspired by IKEA.
  14. Bob_in_OKC

Thinking about buying a P3 with no arm

For your turntable to run 34 RPM strictly because of the power mains frequency, your power would have to be running 61.2 Hz. (34/33.33)*60. That doesn’t happen.
  15. Bob_in_OKC

Geodisc question

I would guess that’s a Hanpin tonearm. Taiwan, not Japan.
  16. Bob_in_OKC

Audio Quest sorbothane mat

I bought an Audioquest sorbothane mat used, about 10 years ago. It made marks on my records that were very hard to clean off.
  17. Bob_in_OKC

Geodisc question

How far short are you from being able to set the stylus on the center of the white circle, if you pull the screws to the front of the slots?
  18. Bob_in_OKC

Geodisc question

The AT paper protractor is Stevenson. Baerwald has an overhang about 2 mm longer than Stevenson, so you typically have to pull the cartridge further out away from the pivot and angle it in more with a Baerwald protractor.
  19. Bob_in_OKC

The RP900 seems to not be low voltage, so not suitable for the Rega TT PSU (which does not have an external adjustment). Fine tuning could perhaps be achieved with something like the Music Hall Cruise Control. An advantage to the old Planar 3 for a tinkerer is that upgrade subplatters and...
  20. Bob_in_OKC

Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC for $163 worth it?

If you can demo it and confirm there is no audible motor issue, the Debut series are pretty nice turntables for that kind of money. Considering how many turntables Pro-Ject makes, your odds of getting one that has an issue are actually low. Forums might not be a very good gauge of that. People...
  21. Bob_in_OKC

It seems like the RP900 and the old Planar 3 on the same power source would run at the same speed.
  22. Bob_in_OKC

Rega Rumble

When they shipped the 24V motor upgrade Rega included an adhesive pad. I think that’s the same or similar to what they use in the factory. Here’s a photo of it:
  23. Bob_in_OKC

Rega Rumble

Rega discontinued that practice when they went to the low-voltage motor. Here’s an example of what it looks like underneath:
  24. Bob_in_OKC

Felt mat

In order to advise on how to clean felt, it seems like you’d have to have an idea what’s on the felt that requires cleaning.
Back
Top Bottom