Search results

1. VINTAGCHRIS

Spent last weekend tearing down my pool table to make room for my altec rig.

Hu magine that, my phone logged me on on my old account that I had lost my password for and just ended up starting a new account
  2. VINTAGCHRIS

Spent last weekend tearing down my pool table to make room for my altec rig.

Th They are the A versions, they don't have the pleated accordion surrounds the B series ones had that I seen pictures of online, they have the surrounds that are part of the cone like the A version pictures I saw online, they are doped though on the outer edge.
  3. VINTAGCHRIS

Whats the wiring order for the heithkit legato HH-1-C

Thanks maxhifi, I have much respect for lascallas having heard a pair years ago on some wonderful tube gear, i remember being blown away by how drums and guitars sounded on them . Seemed everytime a pair came up for sale they were either outa my budget or to far away.
  4. VINTAGCHRIS

ESS AMT 1D Speakers

A gentleman in my area had an absolutely mint pair of those listed for months at 500, kept lowering his price till i think they finally sold for 350, which imo was a steal, the asking price on those is way to high, as others mentioned offer a more reasonable price or wait it out till he drops...
  5. VINTAGCHRIS

Amp for Vandersteen 2ce Signature II's

First off congratts on your vandersteens! I have had no experience with the three amps you mention, but i am currently running my vandersteen 2ci on a harmon kardon citation 16a with wonderfull results, also ran them on a yamaha p2200 amp till it got moved to my my main rig with great results...
  6. VINTAGCHRIS

AR-90s vs. Aerial 10ts: Anyone ever compare the two?

Having owned a pair of 90s myself, i would suggest cleaning the potentiometers on the back, made a substantial differrence on mine when i did. as to the bass i would check and make sure they wired phased properly, more than likely they were refoamed at some point, and could have been...
  7. VINTAGCHRIS

Home subwoofers with remote control vs. those without

I dont think theres is a right or wrong here, everyones setups and tastes are different, i dont have tone controls either on my pre amps (conrad johnson pv7/ anthem pre2l se) in my main rigs, but my pre amps do have volume controls and the anthem pre has a remote, gotta say i sure appreciate the...
  8. VINTAGCHRIS

Home subwoofers with remote control vs. those without

I can appreciate and understand what joeESP9 is saying, some of the newer high tech pre amp/processors allow on the fly adjustments I have no personal experience with using a sub with a remote, and this is assuming the remote would do more than just adjust the volume, if thats all it did then i...
  9. VINTAGCHRIS

The mystery of the blown, and yet not Emit R

My vmps ff3 have three each emit r tweeters, when i first got them most of mine looked like the one of yours you are thinking is compromised, in fact some of mine looked worse! funny thing though they all still worked. Ive since replaced all of mine with new old stock emit r, i did notice a...
  10. VINTAGCHRIS

Multi-driver Speakers Advantage Is What?

My listening space is a large open basement space, which is more than likely one of the reasons for my affinity for larger multi driver style speakers, they work well for me with my space.
  11. VINTAGCHRIS

Multi-driver Speakers Advantage Is What?

Multi driver and line array style speakers have been my personal preference since acquiring my first line array speaker system, a rare set of frankman integrated speakers (having 24 drivers, the stand alone bass cabinet having 8 woofers, each of the upper frequency columnar arrays having 4 cone...
  12. VINTAGCHRIS

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Spinning some vinyl, steepwater "live & humble" on my secondary rig, which consists of my naked vandersteen 2ci speakers, harmon kardon citation 16a amp, carver ct 27 pre amp, and marantz 6300 turntable.
  13. VINTAGCHRIS

Restoring my qls1 speakers, woofer surround question for any other qls1 owners.

And also would like to know from others who have these, if the outer edge of the role on their surrounds, go up tight to the outer foam trim rings or if there is a gap and if so ro how much, this would help me to better figure out what I need. I tried googling pictures of the drivers, but...
  14. VINTAGCHRIS

Thanks guys, again as the surrounds were completely removed when I got them, I had no idea what the origonal size was, I ordered the ones they had listed for the qls1, simply speakers has always been good with sizes in the past, having said that though I now realize there were several versions...
  15. VINTAGCHRIS

The later poly ones. White semi transparent poly cones to be exact
  16. VINTAGCHRIS

Starting to restore my qls1, I just got my replacement surrounds for my 12 inch woofers from simply speakers. The surrounds on mine were completely gone when I got them, so I have no reference as to their origonal size, the role size on the new surrounds seems small to me, it measures out...
  17. VINTAGCHRIS

Replacement transistors for a Yamaha P-2200

Wishing you the best with your repairs, these are great amps, well worth the time and effort your giving it, have owned one myself for awhile now, one of my favorites.
  18. VINTAGCHRIS

A Fathers Day morning at the Flea Market

Nice haul! Really dig the clock as well, the philco console looks cool as well.
  19. VINTAGCHRIS

Buytl Surround removal

Ive had to remove still intact surrounds from several drivers over the years, the best method ive found is to gently work a section of the inner cone side of the surround loose, where you can grab it and gently and slowly pulling outward away from the cone as you work your away around the driver...
  20. VINTAGCHRIS

hmm...Is this a good speaker?

Oh my gosh thats the ultra rare jensonsparkomatickrako speaker, early mono edition!!! :p:
  21. VINTAGCHRIS

Peeve

My peeve is when folks are peeved because someone starts a thread that has already been done in the past, and feels the need to let them know it. Lets face it just about every thread topic you can imagine has been covered here at some point, some many times over, I personally dont mind a...
  22. VINTAGCHRIS

CJ PV5 hum

I'll be fallowing this closely, I have a pv7 that has the same kinda hum, mine had the hum when I purchaced it from my buddy, it then developed a more serious hum. I then took mine to a tech, he replaced the larger power cap but didn't do the the other two smaller ones as I requested, saying...
  23. VINTAGCHRIS

what glue should I use to glue butyl surrounds to polly cones on vandersteen

Alright after my last post I decided to do what I wasn't able to do earlier do to the holiday weekend and such, which is call simply speakers and ask what they use in this situation. I talked to their tech and he said they use the same glue on this application as they use with their foam...
  24. VINTAGCHRIS

what glue should I use to glue butyl surrounds to polly cones on vandersteen

With the holiday weekend I havent had time to think about this much. I'm not sure what your getting at with the acetone, I am familier with acetone and have already used it to remove the old glue from the surrounds c-a-p sent me, and will be using it to remove any excess glue from the cone...
Back
Top Bottom