Search results

1. PioneerHPMLuver

Pioneer S-510

On yet another side note: I purchase a set of S-510 re-foamed woofers, and placed then in an old set of HPM-40s. Now that is a match made heaven!
  2. PioneerHPMLuver

Pioneer HPM-900

Best advice, is to buy one of the defective woofers on eBay, then have someone like http://soundproject.com/ or Simply Speakers refoam/recone them for you.
  3. PioneerHPMLuver

RIP Tommy Keene

Dang, gonna miss Tommy for sure! Thankfully got the chance to see him. Sad day...
  4. Classic Pioneer

Classic Pioneer

5. Classic Pioneer

Classic Pioneer

SX-980, SX-3000, SX-6000, SX-727. The Yamaha RX-730 controls all the Pioneer receivers. Gotta have the remote capabilities. HPM 100's modified. S-510. S-910 with rebuild woofers and ESS Model 10 Tweeters. Keeping an eye out for the originals
  6. PioneerHPMLuver

Really big speaker Restoration

Good luck with this awesome looking project!
  7. PioneerHPMLuver

Really big speaker ID

Awesome find, will be following your progress. Good luck!
  8. PioneerHPMLuver

Jeff Healey Damn It Is A Shame We Lost Him

Saw Jeff for free at Hammerjacks in 1991...one helluva show!
  9. PioneerHPMLuver

Realistic STA-2000D

I just purchased the STA-2000D and have to agree it gives my SX-980 (recently recapped) a run for the money. I also have the KR-7600 and it can keep up with it as well. I for one am happy with the thick bass it produces. Pre-Amp connections an extra added bonus.
  10. PioneerHPMLuver

Which should I keep SX750 or SX828?

SX-828 Without a doubt. Pre/Main amp feature and superior sound over the 750
  11. PioneerHPMLuver

KR-7600 Rescue

Nice work, looks great! I have one, purchased a few years ago. Never did anything to it except clean the switches and pots. As mentioned above, this thing has balls! One of the best receivers I've heard. Enjoy!
  12. PioneerHPMLuver

My god why haven't I heard theses until now!

Here's my take on the HPM line. I am dealing with the 40-100 line since I never got a chance to hear the 150's, 1500's or 200's. I bought my 1st pair of 100's in 1978 with a pair of 2nd gen 60's a few months later. Since then I have bought and sold several pairs of the 40 - 100 line. The...
  13. PioneerHPMLuver

Sad to hear...

Don't forget Buddy Guy...late 70's
  14. PioneerHPMLuver

B.B. King passes

Known for his guitar, loved for his extraordinary vocals. A lifetime spent doing what he loved. R.I.P. B.B.
  15. PioneerHPMLuver

BB king Is dead

Heaven Done Called Another Blues Stringer Back Home
  16. PioneerHPMLuver

I used to hate the 'Source Direct' button but now...

I have had my speakers in the upper corners of my listening spaces for decades. Not practical for everybody. But IMO, it is the only way to go for all the reasons stated above.
  17. PioneerHPMLuver

Pioneer S-910, home and working...

A fellow Baltimorean...cool!
  18. PioneerHPMLuver

Pioneer HPM-100 & Onkyo system!

Freakin' Awesome Work! Incredible detail... If you're gonna make digital copies of the spec sheets, I'm in.
  19. PioneerHPMLuver

Pioneer HPM-150 restoration

Sweet! Nice work!
  20. PioneerHPMLuver

Joe Bonamassa

Probably will never see him at Ramshead again Didn't really know much about him when I saw this show. Totally blew me away. Was sitting 3 feet from him. Nowadays, I'm not so thrilled with him. His best recent work IMHO was with Beth Hart. Live in Amsterdam is killer. Anytime Joe abstains...
  21. PioneerHPMLuver

PC hum in receivers

I eliminated the hum from my notebook with a ground loop isolator, like the ones used in car stereo systems. Cost me like 8 bucks.
  22. PioneerHPMLuver

Pioneer DSS9 in the house!

Cracked HPM-900 Cone For what it's worth, my HPM-900 replacement foams were apparently too stiff and one of my cones cracked from foam to dust cap while cranking up some tunes recently. I just ran a bead of super glue along the crack. Seems to be holding up so far. Good luck with your project!
  23. PioneerHPMLuver

Yamaha v1050....any opinions?

The RX-V1050 is a fine sounding solid receiver with true 110 Watts RMS. I have one driving four HPM-100's. Sounds great and runs surprisingly cool. And the remote is an added bonus.
  24. PioneerHPMLuver

Many Thanks to Snow!

I wanna thank snow, for not making me feel guilty for watching Zappa Plays Zappa DVD on a cold, snowy, freezing rain Sunday.
Back
Top Bottom