Search results

1. D

Tascam 102 MkII

"What makes this single capstan deck so good" It's a Tascam. Let's see some pics!
  2. D

Kenwood KR-9600 (Pictures!)

It's a shame about the corner of the faceplate, but it's still a great looking receiver. Maybe you'll get lucky and find a perfect replacement for the faceplate down the road.
  3. D

Removing tape hiss

Perhaps it was the 128. I was thinking I could playback a tape or an LP without having to record it, but I may be mistaken, after all, it was 1980-81, and my memory has faded over the years! And I did record all of my LP's onto tape back then.
  4. D

Pioneer CS-811 Opinions Please

I may flip them down the road, but right now they're just something to play with.
  5. D

I haven't even hooked them up. They need some serious repair work, a couple of cones, surrounds, and I'm sure the crossovers need recapped, but they were dirt cheap and it'll give me something to do, so I bought them.
  6. D

Anybody?
  7. D

New tape deck pile......

Sometimes you just get lucky!
  8. D

Most Powerful Songs Written?

Paint it Black - Rolling Stones Papa was a Rolling Stone - The Temptations In the Ghetto - Elvis Pressly The Dance - Garth Brooks I Wish it Would Rain - The Temptations I Wish it Would Rain Down - Phil Collins Reign O'er Me - The Who Tiny Dancer - Elton John One Tin Soldier (The Legend...
  9. D

I just bought a pair of Pioneer CS-811 speakers. They're rough, but for the price I couldn't pass them up. I don't know anything about this particular model, but I suspect it is a middle of the line speaker, possibly 80's vintage. Any and all info on these would be greatly appreciated.
  10. D

3M Super 77

I would recommend you mask off the area you don't want sprayed with some newspaper and tape. If you hold the spray nozzle too close, it will really pile on the adhesive, and will take forever to set, and will probably splatter onto other areas as well. You could try the brush method, but it will...
  11. D

Removing tape hiss

The unit I had was a stand alone unit, in other words you did not need pre-encoded tapes or records, as the unit did both the encoding and decoding to the inline signal, just before the signal reached the amplifier. I wish I could remember the model number, but it's been too many years ago. I do...
  12. D

Removing tape hiss

I used a dbx unit (designed to edit out noise in playback situations, it did not actually remove the noise permanently) in the early 80's before CD's came along, and it worked quite well. After the arrival of CD's, I replaced most of my music collection with the new magical discs and sold the...
  13. D

Phase Research Towers

Has anybody heard of Phase Research speakers? The reason I'm asking is I used to sell these back in 1980-1981 and also owned a pair myself (Towers, the TOTL model). They were available in only two models, a relatively small standard model and the Towers. The Towers were a two-way bass reflex...
  14. D

Sony TC-FX77 head lapping success!

That's great! Anytime you can save valuable, hard to find parts, and still acheive good results, the better! And my guess is, if that head hasn't been lapped before, which it probably hasn't, it should operate well for many years to come.
  15. D

Just scored 2 tape decks

No problem. We both learned something today.
  16. D

Just scored 2 tape decks

Yeah, I'll probably have fits cleaning everything, but I'll get it done one way or the other.
  17. D

Just scored 2 tape decks

The guy I bought the 122 from says he has the service manual and will send it to me. If he doesn't, then I'll find one online. Thanks to everyone for the tips and compliments!
  18. D

System Number Three

Beautiful!
  19. D

Just scored 2 tape decks

The deck is definitely a 122 and mine definitely has a belt drive, perhaps the mk ll's were direct drive, I'm not familiar with those. Here are pics of the drive and some of the belt (which has apparently been hot, possibly due to slippage, and turned into a glob of goo). Excuse the poor...
  20. D

what did I do to my Pioneer deck?

Switches may be oxidized, dirty, not making good contact. Especially if the deck sat for a long period of time in a humid, dusty or smoky environment. I've had similar problems with various types of electronic and electrical machines and equipment in the past, and a good, thorough cleaning of...
  21. D

Just scored 2 tape decks

Thanks for the compliments. I would like to do a complete refurbishing of the internals on both decks. I found the info I need on the RT-909 here on AK, (thanks to Rich for providing that info), but so far I haven't found anything on the 122, but I'll keep looking. Hopefully I'll find a how-to...
  22. D

A nice Technics SU-7700 for $15

The spots on the meter bezels appears to be the plastic chrome plating is popping/blistering (if those bezels are indeed plastic, they can be replated). If you do a search on the web, you will find some places that specialize in replating plastic chrome. I wouldn't recommend using chrome polish...
  23. D

Newbe from Indianapolis

Thanks for all the welcomes, so far, everybody seems to be friendly on this forum, much better than on some other forums I've been a member of.
  24. D

Open Reel Tape Residue - POWDER!?

It sounds to me like some adjustments are in order, as cbrworm mentioned, or maybe the tape is running too tightly against the heads? I'm just tossing out ideas here, I'm not an expert by any means.
  25. D

dual 80s ish cassette deck ?

I've always had the impression that Dual turn tables were excellent, everything else they built was middle of the road or less. But then, I've never actually owned anything Dual made, so who am I to know?
Back
Top Bottom