Search results

1. markthefixer

Markthefixer in Elmhurst hospital, not for long?

Markthefixer in Elmhurst hospital, not for long? 9-9-23 admitted please keep thread clear for updates May be transferred out soon, don't know where off the charts K, chelation initiated. chelation worked, discontinued. wound care & IV antibiotics. strength rehab. 9-20 moved to the grove at...
  2. markthefixer

R.I.P. merlynski

The evening of January 20, 2022 our member merlynski passed. Steven W Kabler OK, I have confirmed it, Steven W Kabler also known to us as merlynski, passed away the evening of January 20, 2022 I just spoke briefly to his widow Kathryn, who confirmed this. She also mentioned there was a lot...
  3. markthefixer

firefox crabbing about expired certificate

9-1-2021 given as expiration
  4. markthefixer

Spec -2 AWH-045 board relays RL1 / RL5 & RL2 / RL6

Well, I got a PM looking for private help again. As a note: I do copious PUBLIC help, and reject private requests. But since the requester was a long time member, and the subject matter arcane enough, I decided to get it all out there, in public, and hopefully easily found during a search. I...
  5. markthefixer

SX-1250 Protection AWM-091 troubleshooting.

I had a private request for help. I normally don't do private help, I do plenty of PUBLIC help. I decided that the subject needed a front and center post/thread.
  6. markthefixer

prisoners is a great seller

Bought the Barter town upright TV stand from AK'er prisoners, Rich literally went the extra miles. Also I was remiss back in August of 2020. I bought the Barter town 40" Sony LCD TV from Rich, and completely forgot to do feedback even after Rich literally went the extra miles with this item as...
  7. markthefixer

Ray Gianelli is a sure bet

Even when the shipper does the dirty to the well packed equipment, Ray Gianelli went an extra mile to make it right. I am and will continue to be a repeat customer of his. Mark
  8. markthefixer

Looking for Professional HELP!! HP 8150dn Laser Printer has print quality issues.

Help. I have a HP laserjet 8150dn laser printer. 2-2017. First used 1st qtr 2017. Output usable. 11 x 17 print size. LARGE areas of BLACK, 3 to 5 lines of large wide letters. I am looking for some one who has PROFESSIONALLY repaired them. Hopefully trained on the series. Willing to PAY for...
  9. markthefixer

MTF back in hospital, just informational...

Tue Nov 28, ER dawn visit by cab with admittance. non-vocal again. ############################ MTF here, I wish to THANK all of you for your well wishes and concerns. They did lift my spirits. The thread was aimed to answer any "WHERE is MTF??" questions If I proved unreachable. As later...
  10. markthefixer

Not quite Pioneer, but noteworthy

I just woke up to the fact that in September of 2016, On Semiconductor bought Fairchild Semiconductor. from Wikipedia: Two of my favorite companies.... I hope not too many parts numbers suffer. And sorting out Vbe differences just became worrisome.
  11. markthefixer

markthefixer personal update

Just a heads up, this is a bit of forum inappropriate, but the news affects my posting here - either I will be back in here to take my mind off things (go into denial), or I will be scarce - I have no idea. My Dad was found dead at home by my brother Michael, unexpectedly, this morning. Dad...
  12. markthefixer

Lost the zorched spec-4 amp boards on you know where...

TWO spec-4 amp boards, badly damaged. I really HATE sniper programs. Plus eBays 1 click bidding process screwed up, my last bid never showed up. A really screwed up way to end a screwed up day. Grrrrr..... I LIKE what older industrial auctions do, there is an automatic 10 minute extension...
  13. markthefixer

Who got the SX-1980 that has the broken corner of the flat amp, from you know where?

Who got that SX-1980m (you know where) that has the corner of the flat amp (opposite the power switch, behind the volume control) busted? Went back to look at it and there was an offer that was accepted. Just curious - hope this thread doesn't get moved or deleted.
  14. markthefixer

Function lights led vs. incandescent photo

Thoughts? On appearance? I wasn't going to try to get a brushed aluminum background in, so the top two backgrounds are cardboard, the others are masked by some black non-static carbon IC foam sheets, with the last in a darkened room. All this rigamarole was to bring out/eliminate camera...
  15. markthefixer

Greed or stupidity, $3200 NON-working SX-1980...

NOT mine and NO affiliation, NOR am I interested in buying eBay has SX-1980 up for 3199.99, advertised as : for parts or not working. :no: 3200 is in line for a full on rebuilding and a good case, but NO sound (and pre-power jumpers are shown in a back view picture..) but not blowing the main...
  16. markthefixer

Test tracks in the desert

I was watching the latest video of Branson's Space Ship II flight, rear camera. They were flying north of Edwards AFB. http://www.space.com/22684-spaceshiptwo-s-intense-rocket-ride-tail-view-and-cockpit-recording-video.html?cmpid=514648 On the ground I saw one large "racetrack" feature...
  17. markthefixer

Lamp holder replacement

SX-1280, SX-1980, SX-x80, SX-x50 Lamp / wedge bulb holder / socket replacement Well, they came in today, and I tried them out. Replacement lamp holders for the problematic white (yellow) plastic wedge bulb socketed lamp holders that fit into the clear plastic "acrylic board" light pipe. The...
  18. markthefixer

spec-2 board really spec-4

up on you know where, there is an amp board listed as a spec-2. It's really a spec-4. almost gave my eyes whiplash last night when I looked at it... I have NO Spec-2's in the queue for fixing right now, but I do have a couple of wounded Spec-4's... and one is actually missing THAT board. It...
  19. markthefixer

Think protection relays don't matter?

Saw burned patch on this relay I was pulling on a SX-1010. So, when replaced, I opened it up out of curiousity. :yikes: The common arm contact is WELDED to the normally closed (UNUSED!!) upper contact, and the normally open lower contact is slagged down and mostly missing. I am NOT...
  20. markthefixer

LOL, not [i]exactly[/i] Pioneer, but....

linky: http://www.wired.com/opinion/2013/06/qq_thompson/ Beat him by quite a few years... :D
  21. markthefixer

I'm up to my eyeballs and sinking fast, reduced on-Karma time for a while.'

Starting to see more PM's from people with threads looking for help when they don't get a fast enough response. EVERYBODY gets treated equally. My slower response pace will just have to be acclimated to. I'm sorry if there are a bunch of posts and a few fall through the cracks when I do a bunch...
  22. markthefixer

INTERNAL UPS Shipping Theft

Some folks know that I ship using shipping containers to protect the equipment from damage. Well, the EMPTY (thank the Lord) white whale was shipped to Michigan yesterday. Left my house about 6:20 pm YESTERDAY. Went through Hodgkins sort at around 2 am and was left on the recipients porch at...
  23. markthefixer

Mouser PCN email

No Problem. AT ALL. An explanation: If in the past 2 years you bought ksc2073's or uf4004's and Mouser had your email address you got a Product Change Notification. The 2073's are getting a different internal bonding wire, no problem for us - a big company however with this part mentioned...
  24. markthefixer

Thoughts?

ebay auction closed, huge collection of misc sx-1250 parts for $99 paid standard shipping request of 47.25 Then get this (with some things changed for privacy): Dear buyer, Pioneer parts lot shipped today, FedEx ground tracking #redacted. 2 boxes, 58 pounds. Actual FedEx charges...
  25. markthefixer

2d drafting / design software for sheet metal fabrication

I have a shipping damaged (bent to he## , with shattered amp pc boards) spec-4 and a second spec-4 that is missing top and bottom covers as well as an amp channel. Thus I find myself in the planning stages of sheet metal specification / fabrication. I need some recommendations for drafting...
Back
Top Bottom