Search results

1. K

Cable Risers

That makes sense to me - dust bunnies too lol. Guys, my speaker wires are laying on my carpet, have been for years. I've never, ever heard a 'pop' or anything remotely 'static'. Why? Cause they're insulated - twice - they are insulated once by the first (colored) sheathing, and then they are...
  2. K

NAD C375BEE or Marantz PM8005

Congrats crn - enjoy :)
  3. K

Can't comment on the Phono - but the DAC 2 module for the NAD is easy to install and does what it's supposed to do. Can't really compare it to anything, so I don't want to say its the 'best DAC' out there or anything outlandish like that, but it sounds great (being fed by my Apple 3). Very...
  4. K

NAD has them - I personally like the option but it's easily defeated (push a button and everything is ruler flat - push the button in and then you activate the tone control - best of both worlds). Also, forgot to mention, like most good amps, this amp is silent. Too silent. I'm used to...
  5. K

I thought you meant 'either' but wasn't sure hence my comment :)
  6. K

Funny, when I was looking, I almost bought the Anthem, but read the same things about freezing issues on the volume. I posted in another thread my opinion on the NAD. Not sure I get Art's comment - the price is good so long as you have some kind of warranty. The 150 watts (and 220 peak...
  7. K

I've got $1500 for a new integrated.

I have the NAD 375 - it's a wonderful amp. I do not have the phono module for it however, but I did (later) buy an install the DAC for it (easy to install and works great). It's a very robust integrated, it puts out 150 watts and can go up to 220 I believe for short bursts (which is plenty)...
  8. K

Integrated Amp

Good question about the internal DAC. I'm sure they'll always be 'evolving. I went with the 375bee as it can be upgraded. I did get the DAC for it later and installed it, but what's nice is if a 'newer' DAC with better features is available it's much cheaper to swap it out (of course you can go...
  9. K

My new (secondhand) Harbeth C7ES-3

Did that price include the stands too?
  10. K

Mid-Priced CD Player Options

Fair enough then - what exactly were the issues? My NAD integrated amp is just fine - my Yamaha and Onkyo receivers - not so much (HDMI issues with my 906 and my 3800 Yammy volume doesn't work - only on the remote).
  11. K

Mid-Priced CD Player Options

Why? Did you have a NAD player that was unreliable?
  12. K

New CD player needed

Why? Do you have personal experience with them? If so details if not you are not qualified to comment. I have a Onkyo Receiver that I've had nothing but issues with - I'd never buy an Onkyo anything again. NAD - I have a 375bee integrated, just installed a DAC for it. Works beautifully and...
  13. K

Totem Hawks: review

Hawks have great imaging - that's probably their best feature. They can disappear. Interesting - what kind of 'Gallos'? I have the Ref 3.1 - the Hawks are a totally different speaker from the Gallos. The Gallos have more detail, a higher range tweeter (and it's a 300 degree tweeter which means...
  14. K

Totem Hawks on their way - Rogue Sphinx or Cronus Magnum?

I never heard your two amps you are considering, I did own Totem Hawks at one point. A very good speaker for sure, but for me they lacked a certain 'sparkle' to them. I bought them anyway to see if I would grow to love them (always liked them) knowing that they'd be easy to sell. I mention...
  15. K

HSU Rearch Subwoofers, how good are they

I almost bought HSU - but they don't ship to Canada or if they do very very expensive. Because SVS has an outlet in Ontario, made the choice a lot easier. I have two of their subs - a PB13 Ultra (with the bash amp bought about 6 years ago) and a couple years back bought the NSD 12 " sub with the...
  16. K

Bought an NAD C356BEE DAC!

Hey restless - that's bad news on your remote, sorry to hear that. Good thing though it died now and not one day after your warranty expired. Do you know why/how that happened? I have the big brother the 375bee - which apparently shares more components with the "M" series. I recently purchased...
  17. K

NAD 375 hum

Awesome news MH and thanks for the comment on the CMX-2. I think, personally, I'm good with what I have but if down the road I need something I'll know where to look :)
  18. K

NAD 375 hum

Yeah the 375 has two slots not one. I'm only using the one though for the DAC
  19. K

NAD 375 hum

The phono switch is there because you can only use the one input on the amp. If you have both the PP375 and the MDC DAC installed, you need to put the switch to 'phono' to listen to your turntable thru the PP375, otherwise it will default to the DAC (with the disc/phono input selected on the amp).
  20. K

NAD vs Rotel

I've been into it a few times over there with him - so I wanted to argue some stuff here - using his comments. I can hear differences myself which is nice (my ears aren't golden but at least they're not tin ears like he has lol). He has been in the business a long long time though, he's...
  21. K

NAD 375 hum

hey manyhobbies - just saw this thread. I checked my NAD - it's plugged into a power conditioner -it's dead silent. Nothing. I put my ear right over the case and could hear nothing. You're right - it's a great integrated amp. I recently just purchased and installed the MDC DAC 2 into her...
  22. K

what should I listen to before deciding?

I have the NAD C375BEE - I pretty much got one for a lot reasons you want one, I like an all in one solution, and I wanted two sets of speaker inputs (like you so I'm not switching - great for 'evaluating' for sure) though I don't think both can be run at the same time, one or the other. You can...
  23. K

HK990 Discontinued With No Replacement In Sight?

That was one of the Integrated's I was considering before settling on the NAD 375.
  24. K

Ian is fading away??

RIP Ian - you were a true musical soul. Rachel - all the best to you in this time of sorrow.
  25. K

NAD vs Rotel

In what way? You sound like an audiophile. If you were designing your own amp, and were selling it to me (or anyone). How would you market it? What kind of flaws would you tout it has - would you build it so: A) it exaggerated the highs - so the amp sounds 'screetchy' B) It exaggeraged the...
Back
Top Bottom