Search results

1. bigdirty

Audio Quest sorbothane mat

I use the isolateit mat, along with a funk firm mat. Maybe cork on top of the sorbothane?
  2. bigdirty

Official Jolida JD9 thread

To touch on some of the more commonly used components. I've used the obligatos,in my rig, with the lt1028opa and psvane tubes. My system leaned towards bright and wasn't my jam. I like my peanut butter smooth. I put in the bb627 at the input and it was more enjoyable. I didn't stop there and...
  3. bigdirty

Always good to have a refresher. Upgrades. 1. Tubes, I'm using some OS G.E. 12au7, many options to tune your rig. 2. Op amps, many options to tune your rig. I like LT1028 closest to the input, 627 in the middle, AD843 for the other. More advanced mods, soldering skills required. 3.Output...
  4. bigdirty

Always good to have a refresher. Upgrades. 1. Tubes, I'm using some OS G.E. 12au7, many options to tune your rig. 2. Op amps, many options to tune your rig. I like LT1028 closest to the input, 627 in the middle, AD843 for the other. More advanced mods, soldering skills required. 3.Output...
  5. bigdirty

Yahoo!
  6. bigdirty

Looks like a jolida logo on there. Listen to them for a while, then switch and listen again. What fun.
  7. bigdirty

Only your ears can answer that.
  8. bigdirty

Mats (no rediscovering the wheel)

I'm using a 3mm funk firm anchromat over a 3mm sorbothane mat. Prior to that, anchromat over a cork mat. Funk firm mat has a permanent place under my vinyl.
  9. bigdirty

Gonna be good
  10. bigdirty

Try Partsconnexion. They have everything!
  11. bigdirty

Go with Supremes. Good value/performance.
  12. bigdirty

Power Conditioners - do you use them and do you have a recommendation?

Just hooked up a Furman pl-8c. Improvement in noise floor and perceived resolution. Happy listener
  13. bigdirty

I've run 4 LT1028 in my rig. I found the 1028 in the second stage to be less musical, compared to the 627. Maybe something in the mids, I just couldn't connect with the content. Right now I'm running 1028 - 627 - 637.
  14. bigdirty

2000 post in this thread later and most of my system is out of storage. Looks like I missed a lot of fun. Tried to skim through, really interested in the bits on lowering gain on the solid state board. Missed a definitive solution? Thanks to everyone keeping this thread going.
  15. bigdirty

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

New mk7 helped me decide to bring the system out from storage. Life is good.
  16. bigdirty

high five bump. how is it after another week?
  17. bigdirty

Phono stage op amp rolling to minimise noise.

i have tried the 1115, in place of the 1028, and found it to be less musical. in my particular application, input of JD9, the LT1028 seems to convey much more emotion. horses for courses. big
  18. bigdirty

Phono stage op amp rolling to minimise noise.

x3 on the LT1028 love. Using a pair in my jolida phonostage to great effect. much less noise then the venerable opa627 in that position.
  19. bigdirty

still going. what fun!!
  20. bigdirty

Hey ed, I was the one to post that combo. I havnt tried using the AD843 in any position other than the outputs. The thread over on audiocircle has a warning about using them in all 6 slots and getting bad noise. switching the lt1028 and op627 has no adverse effects in my unit. I prefer...
  21. bigdirty

New Cambridge Audio Azur 651P Phono Stage... hmmmm...

whoops, that is exactly the 640p description. When I first read it I thought they were going fully discrete.
  22. bigdirty

New Cambridge Audio Azur 651P Phono Stage... hmmmm...

from the audioadvisor link Discrete Transistor Design The 551P is a high quality Moving Magnet design featuring single-ended 'Class A' gain stages and discrete transistors for the all-important input stages instead of the more common integrated circuits. This gives less crosstalk and...
  23. bigdirty

Hey edriz, enjoy your weekend!!
  24. bigdirty

RIP, Gil Scott Heron

Sad sad news. I was fortunate enough to catch a GSH performance at Coachella 2010. He played around dusk and the setting created behind the stage as the sun set was surreal. An image and experience I'll never forget. RIP Gil Scott Heron
  25. bigdirty

Jolida 801 ARC Modification

Ive got an 801 and plan to mod it, thanks bub
Back
Top Bottom