Search results

1. theebadone

What would you do with these EV speakers?

I will second that, you have some great components there. I wouldnt touch them, leave them be and just enjoy them. :thmbsp:
  2. theebadone

Speaker Recommendation

A nice set of minimus 7s would be my choice, they are nice and efficient, meaning plenty of volume, and could do double duty as a decent 2 channel rig or a nice computer speaker.
  3. theebadone

Speakers for Techno, Trance, Dubstep?

It sounds like a nice pair of JBL-4430s would be perfect for your needs, if you look hard enough you can always find a deal on a pair. :thmbsp:
  4. theebadone

Floorstanding Speaker Recomendations

Electrovoice sentry lll , whatever you choose will most likely be horn loaded if you use that little T amp, and the sentrys are near the top of my list when it comes to efficient horn loaded speakers. Good luck
  5. theebadone

Dahlquist DQ-10's. Your thoughts on an amp for this?

The DQ-10s run out of steam at 130 w.p.c, so I would look for at least a 130 w.p.c. high current amp. There are plenty to choose from, but I especially like the Yamaha M series amps. Very nice speakers, choose an amp that does them justice and you will enjoy for a long long time. Good luck.
  6. theebadone

Speaker identity (EV, etc?)

The speakerlabs are excellent speakers, I am always on the look out for a pair. I am sure you will be happily surprised. Enjoy.
  7. theebadone

Which JBL speakers would be best?

Save yourself time and lots of moving speakers around to try and just go to the better line of jbl and get the L-112s. They will do about any music you listen to, I think they are one of those (speakers to own a lifetime) they are just an outstanding speaker. Good Luck
  8. theebadone

DCM CX27's or Polk Monitor 10's series 2

I had the CX-27s for a while, until my daughter took them to school with her. They are great speakers, and i am looking for either the 17s or 27s and they are getting hard to find. If someone is offering 27s for 80.00 i would grab themand consider myself lucky.
  9. theebadone

KLH 6 or Altec Lansing bolero 890c speakers???

Boleros, without question. The boleros are getting harder to find, consider yourself lucky if you have or can buy a nice pair Great sounding speakers, with really nice mids and highs, they are not a good rock speaker but jazz and blues are very nice as well as instruments and vocals. very nice...
  10. theebadone

Need advice on speakers for large room, dance parties

A look at the JBL-L150, if you can find a pair within your budget, excellent rock speakers. The ESS is nice, but not really a party speaker, more of a jazz or blues speaker with those big heils. A nice pair of Polk SDAs would work well too, just don't get in a hurry, and you will do fine...
  11. theebadone

you got $5000 to spend, what do you buy?

: Damn, are you with the thread police? are you official or self appointed?
  12. theebadone

I own a pair of 4430s and the yamaha M series amps are the best amps i have tried on the BI-RADIAL horns. :thmbsp:
  13. theebadone

A nice pair of JBL-4435s, and with the money thats left I would also find a nice Yamaha M-2 Amp to power them with. Now thats 5K well spent, lol. YMMV
  14. theebadone

Empire Grenadiers... Should I?

:thmbsp: I agree completely
  15. theebadone

Stereo solutions to appease a not so understanding spouse

Just give it up, sell all the audio gear and buy some other hobby, knitting is good, pottery also good, ahhh just do whatever she does for a hobby and be happy. I have 1 question: how does the wife look on a scale of 1-10.
  16. theebadone

What speakers are considered flawless by anyone who reviews them?

I think the Altec 19s are fantastic speakers, but i did get a chance to A/B them with a really nice pair of Electrovoice Sentry llls, both on a Pioneer 1250 that had just been recapped, and the Sentrys kicked the 19s to the curb. There was no comparison in the bass department, the mids, well...
  17. theebadone

In that case i will add 2 more speakers. I will still stick with the JBL-4430/4435 Dahlquist model 10, and the Electrovoice Sentry lll, along with the Altec model 19. There's five of the least objectionable speakers that i have heard or read about here on AK. YMMV Hope this helps just a...
  18. theebadone

Pure audio bliss, all 3 about as close to flawless as i have ever heard, and most likely will EVER hear.
  19. theebadone

need help replacing my klipsch heresys

Every one of those speakers are considered to be bookshelf although a large bookshelf
  20. theebadone

Jbl 4430/4435, Dahlquist model 10s
  21. theebadone

need help replacing my klipsch heresys

ADS 570, DCM CX-27s, JBL-100s, JBL-L-96s, to name just a few.
  22. theebadone

Rate YOUR Speakers You Own Right NOW.

I live with 2 pair, and don't see a need for anything else. these 2 pair take care of all of my needs, they are the JBL-4430s and the Electrovoice Sentry llls. Besides, with these 2 pairs there is no room for anything else, both are BIG speakers. :music:
  23. theebadone

RCA labeled "auxiliary speakers"

The SPK line is definitely part of their dimensia line. The speakers just wreak of quality, high end drivers, nice heavy cabinets, and crossovers JBL would be proud of. The 500s are really nice, they have a silky smooth high end, a nice mid that blends really well with the woofer and tweeter...
  24. theebadone

RCA labeled "auxiliary speakers"

RCA speakers Cool, you have a really nice sounding set of speakers there. Dont let the RCA logo fool you or throw you off, rca made some pretty high end stuff in their day, I believe the spk line of their speakers are actually part of their Dimensia line. Look up rca Dimensia and learn a little...
  25. theebadone

which speaker to buy Pioneer or Mach one

Why not a nice pair of JBLs for that big receiver
Back
Top Bottom