Search results

1. Victor

Mcintosh with Sooloos

It's a little tricky finding the fixed output setting, here is the step by step instructions to get there: Start on the home screen showing 18 album covers. Press the "home" icon at the upper right corner. Then select "system settings" from the drop down menu. Then select "devices" at the...
  2. Victor

Mcintosh with Sooloos

Also note: You can set the Sooloos to "Fixed Output" which is equal to max volume. Just set it to fixed and forget about it.
  3. Victor

Mcintosh with Sooloos

Congrats on the new Sooloos Martin. I've been using the Sooloos system with my McIntosh for close to a year now with great results. I always set the Sooloos volume to max, this sounds best to me. The factory setting is there for people using Meridian speakers, it could be bad to turn the...
  4. Victor

The best MS300 remote control

I would think the iPad accessory keyboard should give you the ability to press a letter to fast forward to any point in the album list. I was going to get one of the keyboards and try this on my MS750 but I ended up getting rid of my MS750 shortly after my post from above. The keyboards are only...
  5. Victor

60 th Ann. system

I've been using the anniversary set for over two years now. I'm really pleased with the set, it has the detail of the MC501's but sounds just a bit smoother with my B&W Signature Diamond speakers. I put in Shunguang Treasury KT88 tubes which I highly recommend, as I also highly recommend the C22...
  6. Victor

Happy Birthday Victor

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! I had a pretty good day. Work was a bit rough, I had to put a set of front ball joints and u-joints on a 3500 Ram truck. Swinging a 4 pound hammer with one hand while operating air tools with the other hand really wears you out fast! I'm not as young as...
  7. Victor

Terry DeWick

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery! Get well and stay healthy Terry.
  8. Victor

New tubes

That's cool, I'm still looking for some great new 12AT7s. Looking forward to your thoughts on these tubes.
  9. Victor

Do I own the 40th MC275 ever made ?

I think that could be the 40th MC275. This is what my serial number list shows: 10,001 May 1961-10,147 June 1961 100E1 June 1961-572E9 July 1973 That's a very cool piece of McIntosh history you have there. I'm not sure what an early serial number like this does to the value but if it was me I...
  10. Victor

McIntosh section up in AK database.

I'm going to retire from the uploading chores but I'll leave this thread up for whoever takes over the database duties. I'd like to thank everyone who sent files and helped me with the AK database, THANK YOU!
  11. Victor

McIntosh 'B' Stock Items

I've seen McIntosh B-Stock for sale at McIntosh dealers. This was only on discontinued products though.
  12. Victor

mcintosh 501's/c200 Help!!

I switched from MC501s to MC75s (60th anniversary set) about a year ago. I've been thinking of other things that could be causing your displeasure with your new equipment. MC501s seem to sound best after some major power break in time. If your MC501s are new or have not been used for a while...
  13. Victor

I agree, I always found the 8 ohm taps sounded best to me. Are you using the 8 ohm taps on your new MC501s? Have you had any improvements in the sound with your new equipment or do you still like the MA7000 better?
  14. Victor

Any Thoughts On Sooloos

With the old (pre Meridian) Sooloos system you needed 3 components to make up a Sooloos system which cost about $12,000. Meridian's new Sooloos system combined some of the equipment so now you only need one or two components for the Sooloos system. A full Sooloos server would now be a...
  15. Victor

XLS 340 LoudSpeakers

Sorry Michael, I didn't realize you are so sensitive. Sure, you can PM me wherever you want.
  16. Victor

Audiokarma Anniversary Contest, sign up here

Audiokarma
  17. Victor

Any Thoughts On Sooloos

I finally talked my local dealer into getting the Sooloos system in for me to demo. It should be here sometime next week. If anyone is interested I'll post my findings on the Sooloos here.
  18. Victor

XLS 340 LoudSpeakers

The Avalon speakers were fantastic but they could be a little harsh at times so I ended up trading them in. During my amp comparisons I once took home a MC402 and 2 MC501s. My poor car was riding pretty low on the ride home. :) It was alot of work but it ended up being a fun comparison. I...
  19. Victor

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

Tryptal, Looks like a great system but those speakers are way too close together. I hope they are that close just for the picture.
  20. Victor

XLS 340 LoudSpeakers

I did extensive comparisons with the MC275, MC2102, MC252, MC402 and MC501s a few years ago. At that time my system included a C2200 preamp and Avalon Eclipse Classic speakers. I thought the MC275, MC2102, MC252 and MC402 amps all sounded very similar. Then I tried the MC501s and they were a...
  21. Victor

XLS 340 LoudSpeakers

I agree with Mike. I used to own XLS360 speakers, they sounded pretty good with my MC162 (160 watts) but when I went to MC501s (500 watts) the sound improvement was significant. Even at the same volumes the MC501s improved the imaging, clarity and reduced harshness. I have not spent alot of...
  22. Victor

Mac CR10 preamp, desireable or not so much?

Here's the CR10 owner's manual if you want to read a little about it. http://akdatabase.com/AKview/displayimage.php?album=15&pos=10
  23. Victor

I always thought my MC501s sounded much better plugged directly into the wall with no power conditioner. Try the system without the power conditioner then try it again with the source plugged into the power conditioner then try it again with the source and preamplifier plugged into the...
  24. Victor

Mac CR10 preamp, desireable or not so much?

The CR10 is not a traditional preamplifier. The CR10 is a customizable multi zone control system for audio and other electrical equipment. I don't think there are many CR10s out there. Unless you are setting up a multiroom system you may be better off sticking with a traditional preamplifier.
  25. Victor

Anyone use Torus Power with McIntosh?

Torus Power should work well with McIntosh. In fact the McIntosh MPC1500 power conditioner is Torus Power.
Back
Top Bottom