Search results

1. Andrei

Help identifying the tracking force of a Shure V15 type 3 stylus

This is the reply I got from Dacapo Audio: „.... thank you very much for your question and good observation. In general the needles in this category have the recommended tracking force of 0,75g - 1,5g, which is similar to the original needle. The Analogis bonded elliptical series do not apply...
  2. Andrei

Not sure, this is what the box it came in looks like... By the typewriting on the sheet of paper in the box it looks like something made in the 90s to me... As I said, I bought it from VIParts.NL and it is mentioned as „NOS”. Anyway, it sounds really great to my ears. Only 34 euros.
  3. Andrei

So, the Analogis stylus proved to be a major disappointment (another one from Analogis...), therefore I bought a new stylus, this time a NOS one, made by EMDO, from VIParts.NL, which sounds exactly the way I remembered a V15 type 3 should sound. Superb! Anyway, right now I am running it at 1.4...
  4. Andrei

This is the stylus seen at the microscope...it looks like a Black Diamond to me....it also has that black dot on the cantilever...what do you think?
  5. Andrei

Hey guys, I bought this Shure stylus from an authorized reseller, however it just came in a paper box and with no technical data. This is the stylus: https://www.matrix-handel.de/main/en/electronic/stylus/fits-for-shure/vn35e-p-4686 Now, I don't know what tracking force to set for it as I don't...
  6. Andrei

Transformer humming - can I mitigate it?

Ok, I set the knob at 240 V but it didn't change anything. Anyway, I have opened the thing again and I noticed that the transformer is indeed kind of loose, like the screws are not properly tightened and the rubber grommets or what is left of them are breakable....
  7. Andrei

Which stylus for Philips GP400? Black Diamond or Jico?

I already know that the nude elliptical shape is theoretically better, but that doesn't make it practically better in all cases and for all brands, especially when compared to a special spherical like Jico, that is why I am asking I purchased an Analogis stylus some time ago for a Sony...
  8. Andrei

Are you sure about changing the voltage setting? What should I do exactly? I really don't want to ruin it, it is a very rare turntable.
  9. Andrei

Which stylus for Philips GP400? Black Diamond or Jico?

I am trying to decide on which would be a better deal for a Philips GP400/401 mk2 cartridge: the Jico spherical stylus or the Black Diamond Nude Elliptical (made by Analogis)... Please see captures attached. Any advise would be much appreciated.
  10. Andrei

I can't find any instruction on that in the manual but I tried to lube a bit the bearing - it did not do any difference. No. it is a constant hum that starts when I move the arm towards the platter, namely when the turntable starts, as it does not have an on/off switch. I'll have to call a...
  11. Andrei

Hey guys, I have this Beogram 3000 type 5211 turntable I noticed there is a humming when the platter starts. At first I thought that this is bearing-related, but following a closer inspection I think that this is the familiar transformer humming. It kind of bothers me, as I can hear it in the...
  12. Andrei

Beogram 3000/5211 (Thorens TD124) grounding

The thing is that there isn't a fifth lead. I think one of the leads was connected to a pin of the DIN connector that acted as ground...or something like that...
  13. Andrei

Just to be more specific, he just cut the original cable in half and tied to it another half of a RCA cable...
  14. Andrei

Hey guys I just acquired a Beogram 3000 Model 5211, which is practically a Thorens TD124 with a B&O tonearm. Amazing condition, given that it is almost 60 years old. Anyway, the previous owner tried to change the DIN connector with RCA connectors. However, it seems that the grounding was...
  15. Andrei

Thinking about Technics SL-1200GR

I think that you might enjoy the feeling of stability offered by a direct drive. I sold both my Rega Planar 3 (with NEO PSU - so kind of close to Planar 6) and ProJect Evo The Classic after acquiring a vintage Sony PS-X4 direct drive, as none of them could compete with the feeling of stability...
  16. Andrei

Sony PS-X4

Thanks. Tomorrow I think I will get the Oyaide BR-12 slip mat, it is exactly 5 mm thick and seems to be good quality. What cartridge are you using on yours? Mine came with a basic AT91 cartridge fitted by the dealer. I also have the original Sony XL-20 cartridge from the PS-X45.
  17. Andrei

Sony PS-X4

Gee...that thick?? I got a PS-X4 today, great shape, it has a slip mat with the bubble pattern, but it seems to me that it is rather too thin, more like 1 mm thick, 1.5 at most... I wonder if it would be ok to use two slip mats placed one over another as a temporary workaround until I manage to...
  18. Andrei

Sony PS-X4

Anyone knows what is the PS-X4' original slip mat thickness?
  19. Andrei

What's your latest audio purchase?

You happy with the Technics?
  20. Andrei

Old vs New a buyers dilemma

Then maybe I will go for the Technics SL 1500C, it seems to have very good build quality and I didnt see complaints, except for that pesky arm lift which can be turned off anyway.
  21. Andrei

Yes, it seems to be a really good cartridge, with a really good price - quality ratio, although I am a little concerned about its 3 g tracking force...
  22. Andrei

There was nothing wrong with my Rega. I even managed to get its wow&flutter down to 0.06, which is truly outstanding for a Planar 3. It is just that I simply liked PL12D more. And my PL12D is not noisy at all. It is extremely silent and a joy to use. Maybe your PL12D was at fault if you say that...
  23. Andrei

I have invested in a Rega Planar 3 with Exact cartridge. At first I was a little underwhelmed by its toy like built but it sounded nice (at least I thought so then), although the wow and flutter was all over the place and I had to get a Reference Rega belt and the external NEO power supply to...
  24. Andrei

Cartridge advice for Pioneer PL-12D-II

Thank you all for your kind advices! @ejman , the AT 3600L with the carbon cantilever that I have now on Pioneer sounds really nice indeed, the only thing that keeps me from using it is the really high tracking force recommended (2,5 g minimum...). That is why I have ordered the ATN91 stylus...
  25. Andrei

Cartridge advice for Pioneer PL-12D-II

Well, obviously expensive cartridges would be overkill for this TT. So, I am looking at something around 500 USD...
Back
Top Bottom