Search results

1. DRCope

Office Cans

I've recently gotten back into headphone listening in my office for two reasons: 1) Next door neighbor leaves two dogs chained outside all day about thirty feet from my desk chair. :nono: 2) While doing audio shows all over the country this year, I kept running into Mr. Speakers'...
  2. DRCope

Axpona 2013 Room Notes (my observations if you are interested)

Volti actually had two rooms across the hall from one another on the 8th floor. One with the Vittori (sp?) and the other with a new design with a BR bottom and a top module consisting of a mid horn turned vertical with the horn-loaded tweeter at its top. Couldn't spend much time there as I had...
  3. DRCope

It breaks my heart to say it

Sorry to hear it, Dave. Hope you and yours are okay. Keep me posted for 2014, please.
  4. DRCope

AXPONA: Audio EXPO North America (Chicago) March 8-10, 2013 - roll call!

Nope, it ain't easy, esp. if you try hard to balance playing music with answering everyone's questions and trying to cover the musical waterfront, changing gears every 3 minutes for 8 hrs straight, (10 on Friday!), in a way that provides something for everyone while also accommodating requests...
  5. DRCope

I think that depends a great deal on what room you're in . . . . :D If you do a show solo, as I generally do, you wonder what's going on elsewhere.
  6. DRCope

Were you in the Audio Note room at one point? I saw an AKFest t-shirt and meant to say hello. Saturday was a bit crazy, as it should have been!
  7. DRCope

Your experience/reaction re SET amps

Implementation, transformer quality, choice of driver tubes, balanced or single-ended operation all have as much influence as the type of output tube. Even proceeding from that assumption, (born of long experience with a wide variety of all of the above), I was astonished at the NY Audio (&...
  8. DRCope

Your experience/reaction re SET amps

Audio Note GM Peter Qvortrup regularly plays death metal at something approaching concert (or fighter jet take-off) levels at audio shows using an SET amp. (I've learned to flee the room when I see him preparing to do so.) Ah you lads with your huge 2A3 and EL84 amps; I listen at home with a...
  9. DRCope

A Few Fest Pictures

Great Pics! The 211 amp in the Almost Live Audio room is actually the Jinro - the copper analogue to the all-silver Ongaku. They look exactly the same and don't have name plates, so you really need a score card to tell them apart.
  10. DRCope

10 hours til blastoff!!

Gendarmes This year, on the way to the Montreal Hifi Show (SSI), the Canadians found me a mite suspicious, (probably the newly long hair), and quizzed me. :nono: He asked me if I'd ever been arrested in the U.S. I said, "No." :no: He said, "So you've never appeared before a judge?" I...
  11. DRCope

48 hours

Audio Note on the road to Novi Heading out the door in CT now. I'm splitting the drive into two days on the way out to maximize available energy at the Fest. Can't wait! :banana: I'll do the 13 hours straight through on the flip side where I can just collapse at the far end! :boring:
  12. DRCope

What TT's do you folks have

NEW Audio Note TT Two Deluxe Audio Note TT Two Deluxe w/Arm Three V2 - coming to AKFest 2012 with me! :tresbon: - Voyd the Voyd w/AN-1S arm - Systemdek IIX w/AN Arm Two - Linn LP12 Valhalla - Rega P3
  13. DRCope

New AK fest gallery

Thanks! Thanks, got it. Pics are up. There would be more, but I spent the whole show in my room. D-oh. :scratch2:
  14. Saturday Night Grumpy

Saturday Night Grumpy

Grumpy enjoying conversation and a bite to eat. Or is that the collection plate? JK, LOL.
  15. Ain't nobody starvin' here!

Ain't nobody starvin' here!

Grumpy made sure no one was going to go hungry at this event!
  16. Saturday's live music - Part I

Saturday's live music - Part I

The aural palate cleanser between a day of audio and a night of the blues.
  17. Downstairs decompression, Phase I

Downstairs decompression, Phase I

The scene between a day of listening, dinner and the evening concert.
  18. Listening in the Audio Note room

Listening in the Audio Note room

Or was this the unannounced transcendental meditation class?
  19. IT Hmmmm.

IT Hmmmm.

The blue screen of death. hunh. That's not a good thing, is it? (JK.)
  20. Swap Room

Swap Room

A table of treasures in the Swap Room.
  21. Door Prizes

Door Prizes

Buy a ticket, get a chance to win valuable prizes!
  22. Registration

Registration

You must answer THREE questions to gain entrance: (1) What is the payload capacity of an African Swallow? (2) What is the clearance between a standing Infinity 4.5 and the elevator doorway? (3) What is your favorite color?
  23. Audio Note electronics

Audio Note electronics

CD4.1x and CD3.1x/II cd players, Jinro integrated amp
  24. Audio Note UK room

Audio Note UK room

The Audio Note UK room. CD4.1x, CD3.1x, Jinro integrated amp, E/Lexus Sig speakers.
  25. DRCope

New AK fest gallery

I must be having a "dense" day. I don't see where/how to submit photos after several trips through every page in the gallery.
Back
Top Bottom