Search results

1. Z4N5H1N

Yamaha CR66

For anyone encountering this thread because it's the first thing that shows up when you google "Yamaha CR-66", let me save you puzzling through the various contradictory answers in this thread. If you have a CR-66, it's identical to a CR-450 except for the black faceplate. You can find plenty...
  2. Z4N5H1N

What's the difference between an AR XA and XA-91?

Cool, thanks for the info guys. Any thoughts on upgrades for this thing? It's bone stock right now, and it sounds pretty good, but I know these things are popular for modification. I'm thinking a new belt at the very least would be good for it. What else can I do to it for not much money that...
  3. Z4N5H1N

What's the difference between an AR XA and XA-91?

I've been trying to figure this out for awhile now, but it's hard to find much info. I own an AR XA-91 that my Dad bought brand new in '71ish, and passed along to me. It's awesome, and it's...exactly the same as the AR XAs I've seen online. Visually, I can't see any difference between the XA...
  4. Z4N5H1N

Dynaco SCA-80Q...worth picking up?

I've got an opportunity to pick up an SCA-80Q for next to nothing, and I'm wondering if it's going to be an upgrade over my current Sansui R-50. I don't really have any use for two amps, so I'll only likely take it if it's better than the Sansui. Anyone heard one of these Dynaco units who could...
  5. Z4N5H1N

New turntable score...an AR XA!

Spent some time last night removing the goo from the platter. Before: After some elbow grease and a touch of Goo Gone: It won't win any beauty pageants, but it's smooth and goo-free now, and that part is hidden under the new mat anyway. The table is now up and running with the...
  6. Z4N5H1N

The cartridge is the original one it came packed with, a Shure M91-ED. Seems fine, but I don't know much about carts.
  7. Z4N5H1N

^Just found a local place that has the felt anti-static mats. Gonna go pick one up tomorrow, and then put some elbow grease into getting the nasty goo off. Stoked!
  8. Z4N5H1N

As requested, pics!
  9. Z4N5H1N

Yeah, that's exactly the reason. I scraped most of it off, but there's still some gooey crap on it that will require some serious business solvents to remove. I'll post pictures in a few minutes. ;) Thanks for the info. Mine is indeed one of the ones with the single belt, which seems to be...
  10. Z4N5H1N

So I just went out to my parents' storage locker to find some things, and what does my father dig out of the recesses of his hoard of crap? An all-original, AR XA turnable that's been sitting in it's original factory box since before I was born! It's now back at my house, plugged into my Sansui...
  11. Z4N5H1N

Anyone make a Hard drive DAC for my analog stereo system?

Haaaaaaahaha. April Fools' was almost two weeks ago. Anyone who's using a lossless codec other than FLAC is off their goddamn rocker.
  12. Z4N5H1N

Resistance-should cables match speakers ?

Cables should not have any resistance whatsoever.
  13. Z4N5H1N

Why No Vancouver BC Audio Societies?

Hahaha that sounds like a solid plan. How the heck did you know I ride, though? Did we have this conversation at some point and I've simply forgotten?
  14. Z4N5H1N

I slept in 'til noon. My bad. It seems there's a bunch of us Vancouverites on AK, though. We should have a meet-up/gear swap at some point.
  15. Z4N5H1N

Microphones

Just did some looking into this mic, and it seems like a lot of people agree with you! Seems I can get one for about $120 from the local music store, but I guess those are the ones that are no longer made-in-USA. Where would I go about finding one of the older ones? Besides fleabay, craigslist...
  16. Z4N5H1N

Hmmm. I might hit up this record swap too if there's gonna be some AKers present. We should get a posse together for this.
  17. Z4N5H1N

Microphones

People who know their shit about mics: What would you recommend for a decent-sounding, absolutely bombproof, reasonably-priced mic for live vocals? Particularly live vocals where the input volume is quite high. Heh. EDIT: Oh, and something of the conventional stick-and-ball style, since I don't...
  18. Z4N5H1N

Who wants to be in my new band?

I've been a frontman in emotive hardcore and post-hardcore bands for the last five years, recorded an EP, etc. so if you need screaming vocals of virtually any variety, I'd be down for recording some stuff. I'm not sure what style you guys are going for, but I can do anything from super deep...
  19. Z4N5H1N

Mitsubishi seperates SCORE

Oh man, that is some awesome looking gear. That power amp looks like a Borg spaceship.
  20. Z4N5H1N

Electro now playing thread?

Logistics - Now More Than Ever (2006) Solid double-LP from one of the kings of UK DnB.
  21. Z4N5H1N

Akai AA-1150

Another rainmeter user, I see. ;) Quite a classy looking amp, too.
  22. Z4N5H1N

Just picked up a Sansui R-50...

Further internet sleuthing has revealed a bit more info. Since someone will inevitably google "Sansui R-50" at some point in the future, and find this thread, I will post what I've discovered here. -Made in 1987 -45 max RMS watts/channel -0.09% max total harmonic distortion -160W rated power...
  23. Z4N5H1N

Just picked up a Sansui R-50...

...what can you tell me about it? Preliminary internet scouting tells me that it was the middle-size receiver in it's lineup, with the R-30 being the smaller one and the R-70 being the bigger. There's a couple archived threads about the R-70 on here, and it's apparently a 65wpc unit; I can't...
  24. Z4N5H1N

Help! I broke my amp!

Tried different sources, as well as the switching fuse thing. No dice. Looks like it's definitely something internal. I can't really discern from looking at the unit how I'm supposed to get at the guts, though...
  25. Z4N5H1N

Help! I broke my amp!

Would the fuse blowing make any audible noise? I was listening to it when the channel cut out, so if there was a noise, I would've heard it...and I didn't. Also, is there separate fuses for each channel? EDIT: Looked at the back, there is indeed a left and right fuse. I tried switching them...
Back
Top Bottom