Search results

1. tiga

Garrard Zero 100 In The House

You'll be happy with the new motor mounts - they are great!
  2. tiga

Gerrard Zero 100

I rehabbed one of these recently and it took some doing with a lot of great help from folks here. I think I had to lay hands on every part eventually to get it going and there was more than one time where I thought of calling it quits. Glad I pushed through because I love the turntable - looks...
  3. tiga

Does Garrard have the worst wow & flutter?

The w&F on my zero 100 does not measure very well either - although it sounds amazing. I was going to replace the idler wheel next to see if it helped but it sounds like you went down this road to no effect (I will still probably do it LOL). I noticed that the bearing is supposed to sit on a...
  4. tiga

Boston A150 Upgrade?

My VR3's are anything but flat and lifeless. Give the VR series a go if you have the opportunity.
  5. tiga

Garrard LAB 80 in the house.

Congratulations on a great looking table. I hope you get it up and running. I recently did a restore on a Zero 100 and it was quite a bit of work to get it functional - and honestly I still have a few small things I'd like to do. But it sure looks and sounds great once working. Good luck to you!
  6. tiga

The Garrard Zero 100

Nice! I just rehabbed one of these and using in one of my systems. Very cool turntable. Do you still have yours?
  7. tiga

5.1.4 configuration- receiver help

I think either of those receivers would be fine. I have an Onkyo RZ730 running a 5.2.4 setup and it's amazing.
  8. tiga

Boston Acoustics A70 Opinions/Comments?

Welcome to the forum mmannaxx and thank you for reviving this old thread (14 years!!) LOL.
  9. tiga

Onkyo TX-NR555 subwoofer issue.

Is your subwoofer set to "Auto" or "on"? I have found that the Auto function can be finicky at times, and don't do a great job of sensing the incoming signal. Try turning the sub to "On" and see if you have better results. I just leave my subs on "on" all time and don't mess with the auto...
  10. tiga

What's your favorite smart TV?

I would typically buy 'dumb' tv's to save money and use a Roku box, however the last TV I bought a few months ago was a TCL 6 Series running the Roku platform. I have to admit it's been great.
  11. tiga

Will a capacitor upgrade improve EPI-100's sound quality ?

Thank you for the thread resurrection! For my EPI M100's I just used a cheap Dayton electrolytic cap with a film bypass. Also bypassed the tweeter pot in the back. I'm using them currently and they sound amazing. Heck of a speaker.
  12. tiga

SL-1200 Cart Recommendations

I'm sure you'll get better advice than what I'm about to give you but I might try some 0000 steel wool lightly then wipe off with a damp then a dry cloth. I would be careful to not leave any product residue from whatever you use so as to not affect the connection.
  13. tiga

SL-1200 Cart Recommendations

Congratulations on your turntable - the SL1200 is a real winner. If you are looking for a cheap cartridge stylus to get started I'd recommend the AT 3600L and upgrade the stylus to the LP Gear linked below. I'm running this one currently and it's really good...
  14. tiga

In Praise Of The Audio Technica LP60X

How does a tonearm destroy records? This tracks at 3.5g which shouldn't be an issue. I have (and have had) several vintage turntables - most have needed work - some a lot of work. Not all would "run circles" around this one - it works just fine. The AT3600L sounds pretty good too...
  15. tiga

$11 Chinese AT3600L Thread Mk. II - Champagne sound on a Beer budget!

Wow. It's part of the LP Gear "Artificial Intelligence Special Line" LOL.
  16. tiga

Technics SL 1200 MK2

Nice! Good luck with it - I have one and it's a beast.
  17. tiga

In Praise Of The Audio Technica LP60X

My 14 yo. son has asked for his own turntable in his room. So for Christmas I picked him up a new AT LP60x. I have a small footprint in which to place this system so I also got him a small Fosi Audio TB10D amplifier. I already had a pair of Boston A40’s laying around that I refoamed and recapped...
  18. tiga

Seeking Recommendations - Warm/Non-Fatiguing Speakers

Completely agree on the EPI M100 suggestion. Would fit the bill very well. May need a little updating (new cap) and clean/bypass the tweeter pot - but man do they sound nice with some warmth that you're asking for.
  19. tiga

Shure M75 and/or M91 opinions

I picked up a Garrard Zero 100 recently with a M75ED Type II - I put a cheap Pfanstiehl conical stylus on it with the intention of replacing it with something better once I felt comfortable with my restoration efforts but I'm surprised at how nice it sounds. No rush to upgrade it.
  20. tiga

Garrard Zero 100 - Noise when tonearm lifts

Thank you - yes my o-ring was deteriorated and the system was very noisy while going through the cycling functions. An Oring made a huge difference. At some point I'd like to expirement with different o-ring sizes and see how it impacts things.
  21. tiga

Using this generic Pfanstiehl stylus. I was planning to upgrade to an elliptical once I felt I had the turntable fully up and running consistently. The conical sure sounds good though. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JJ733DU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  22. tiga

So I've been rehabbing a Zero 100 and honestly the thing sounds great. It was a basket case when I got it but now I've got all the functions working and using a Shure M75 ED Type 2 cartridge with a conical stylus tracking at 3 grams. I've been really enjoying listening to it. One thing I've...
  23. tiga

Garrard Zero 100 Issues With Automatic Functions

Just a quick update - I installed the new motor mounts, which worked out great. They fit perfectly and they definitely lowered the motor noise. The old mounts weren't terrible but two of them seemed to be hardening. While I had the motor out I disassembled it again, gave it a good cleaning...
  24. tiga

Garrard GT250 observations

Very cool. I have an Onkyo CP-1400a all made of mostly black and white plastic. After handling my sl-1200 or my Garrard Zero it feels like a toy when I pick it up. I would think it wouldn't be a good player however it's in my home theater room running with a Shure HRP-1200 cartridge and it...
  25. tiga

Need a mini 2-channel receiver with hdmi 2.0 switching and preamp outputs. What's out there?

Not sure how small of a footprint you are looking for but this may work. https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/dendra800h/denon-dra-800h-2-x-100-watts-stereo-receiver-w/heos/1.html
Back
Top Bottom