Search results

1. MoreBeer

Don’t drink and screw in speakers. Punch a hole in my tweeter.

It's a $4 tweeter. Buy a few new ones.
  2. MoreBeer

Infinity Quantum 4 Midrange speaker repair

Buy two of these. Specs are close and they're better than the originals.....No Contest. https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-dc50fa-8-classic-series-2-dome-midrange--285-015
  3. MoreBeer

Infinity QLS-1 Crossover Attenuators

I'm with Chef on this one....bypass the suckers completely or add a low value resistor if that spins your noodle.
  4. MoreBeer

Should I Sell My Vintage System Or Not?

I always wanted those back in the day and not sure why I never bought? I guess once I heard my buddy's (Joe Falzone RIP) pair of IRS V's back in the early 80's I became nauseous and only those would do. Never happened.
  5. MoreBeer

Yes, you kind of missed the boat then on getting fantastic vintage gear at low prices. Its now insane what the higher-end (especially popular) vintage gear is selling for. If you had started looking starting at least 10 years ago.....bargains galore. Even 5 years back things were a lot...
  6. MoreBeer

I can sympathize, although you might be a younger guy or simply newer to all this. I'm 58 and have been around the block. I was there during the mid 70's to mid 80's buying the fantastic gear of the time which is in demand today. I owned all kinds of gear including some of the top monster...
  7. MoreBeer

Thanks for all the replies as I really do appreciate it! A few questions answered: I only have 2 systems and am not a collector, so its not as though I have racks of random gear although I do have multiple tape decks. And since I do like cassettes for some strange reason and have a load of...
  8. MoreBeer

I'm torn with the decision of selling my vintage setup as I don't really use it that much, yet when I do, I really enjoy it. I'd likely keep a few of my nicer cassette decks and the better of my reel to reel decks but everything else would go. I find myself using my new system daily yet even...
  9. MoreBeer

New Power for my Kappa 9’s

Very nice amp. I would however rethink that hideous wooden monstrosity it sits upon.
  10. MoreBeer

Paypal now charging 1% to transfer to your bank

I do about $40,000 monthly sales through PayPal, transfer money all the time and there is no fee. I do such a high volume through PayPal, there's no delay in receiving my funds plus if there's a dispute, PayPal doesn't even lock up those funds so scammers will have a difficult time screwing me...
  11. MoreBeer

Bowers and Wilkens 802 value

These are fantastic speakers. Problem is most selling tend to think they're worth crazy money when the fact is gear such as this goes down in value FAST once the boxes are open. At best in mint, pristine, perfect, spotless condition maybe $3500....and that's on a good day. If they show signs...
  12. MoreBeer

The Quality of New Vinyl Today

New vinyl.....Its new, black and has grooves. When placed on a turntable and in contact with the stylus makes noise that can be heard through your speakers. Always newer than old vinyl. Probably cleaner and shinier too with fewer scratches and less noisy. Recyclable as well. About sums it up.
  13. MoreBeer

Dokorder 1140 Mint Value?

100% working Dokorder 1140 that is perfect and was never used, not a mark on it. Really, it was never used with the exception of trying it when bought as new, Just wondering what this may be worth?
  14. MoreBeer

I'm done.

Small Room.....BIG Speakers.....Deaf Dogs!
  15. MoreBeer

I'm done.

About 7 years back I had a chance to buy a pair of these in almost perfect condition for $1,500 and passed. Another genius move on my behalf. Good luck with them! I'm sure you'll be more than pleased.
  16. MoreBeer

Technics SL-1300 Startup Issue

Just recently started having a problem with my old Technics SL-1300. When I move the tonearm towards the platter, it doesn't spin and just gently shakes back and forth a fraction of an inch. But if I then give it a light push, the platter spins normally with no other problems and the speed is...
  17. MoreBeer

The Terror of Door-to-Door Meat

Just one of the reasons I'll never buy a gun. Between the door-to-door mad cow meat man and the Jehovah Witness, I would have blown a few away by now. Oh, and likely the annoying phucktards constantly ringing the bell to convert me to solar too.
  18. MoreBeer

Audiophile estate sale this Thursday and Friday, Aug. 30-31, in Berkeley

Ooooh....Delta drill press and a Ryobi band saw. Nothing but the finest!
  19. MoreBeer

Vintage gear prices today

The ONLY gear that will continue to be worth nice change are the sacred cow receivers. Everyone wants AND really likes them and will go to great lengths to refurbish, rebuild, repair. Supply is (pretty much has) dried up so I wouldn't be surprised to see a pristine rebuilt SX-1250, to use as...
  20. MoreBeer

Vintage gear prices today

I agree its a great time to sell. I might just dump all my vintage gear while everything still works.
  21. MoreBeer

Here's why a Bugatti Veyron oil change costs $21,000

I just trade mine in for a new one when its time to get serviced.
  22. MoreBeer

Arnie Nudell has passed.

Paulie is going to spamming his YouCrap channel big time when these are about ready.
  23. MoreBeer

Infinity Observations - QLS-1 vs. Kappa 8 vs. RS 2.5

Can you post some videos of your television playing too?
  24. MoreBeer

Infinity Quantum 2 - High Impedance Readings

I don't believe the plastic mounting plate in the back is hurting the integrity of the cabinets. Probably overthinking in regards to that. I also can't see the point of having that big messy crossover outside the cabinets? These big Quantums are really nice speakers and quite iconic. The...
  25. MoreBeer

Infinity Quantum 2 - High Impedance Readings

I would up replacing everything in my Q2 crossovers with the exception of the inductor coils. You should probably do the same. If needing to replace any of the mids or midbass drivers, I found excellent drop-in replacements that sound great. Specs are very close to the originals although I'm...
Back
Top Bottom