Search results

1. Nick V

Official Kef LS50 owners thread

Some of it is personal preference, but technically speaking, it's easy to dig a little deeper into it. Below is a graph of their anechoic frequency response vs total harmonic distorion + noise @ 90dB (from Soundstage! at the National Research Council of Canada). As you can see, the thd+n starts...
  2. Nick V

I'd go as high as 100-150Hz with the high pass filter on the LS50's depending on what subs you're using and their positioning relative to the speakers. I sold my LS50s, but most subwoofers (of similar quality to the LS50's) are much more capable in that 100Hz region than a 5" woofer (IMO).
  3. Nick V

There are definitely many schools of thought on that topic. Using the high pass filter increases system headroom and allows those 5" drivers to play in their "sweet spot" and the speakers will go louder with lower distortion.
  4. Nick V

I'd definitely be interested. Dirac Live has a built-in house curve, and you have the ability to tweak the curve just about infinitely to your liking. You can have 4 different curves loaded into the miniDSP DDRC-22D that you can toggle through at any time so I need to do some tweaking and...
  5. Nick V

I'm finally using my miniDSP DDRC-22D digital Dirac Live processor with my LS50s. It does it's digital correction in the digital domain, then sends a corrected digital signal to my Esoteric SA-50 SACD Player/DAC for D/A conversion. I have the Esoteric upsampling to DSD, but it's new to me so...
  6. Nick V

New HDTV thoughts and review so far.

Which TV did you buy? Brand/Model?? EDIT: Nevermind, I saw your other thread. How are you liking your new Hitachi rptv?? I think I'm gonna go with next years XWX or SWX 57" model. Hopefully by then they'll have incorporated HDMI along with IEEE 1394 (firewire).
  7. Nick V

6.1 DVD's and thoughts on HDTV

What I'm saying is that the incoming signal on 'most' of the xbox games should be at least 480p if you have your xbox hooked up and set up correctly. Either that, or I've misunderstood the reasoning for the HD AV pack, and the information in that HTF thread that I linked to in my last post...
  8. Nick V

Sorry if I was spewing out misinformation there. I don't have an HDTV (waiting 'till HDMI and Firewire are on next year's sets) and I thought that all xbox games were in at least 480p. I was mistaken, but the large majority of them are. I'll direct you over to this informative thread at HTF for...
  9. Nick V

Thor, If you want to view XBOX games in 480P, 720P, or 1080i (only one or two games available in this format) you need to purchase the High Definition AV pack adapter. After you purchase that, you send a component video signal to your tv rather than S-video or composite video, and ALL of...
  10. Nick V

Sansui BA-2000

If your 'Tape Out' output is active regardless of the selected input, you should be able to use those to send a line level output to your amp. The only problem is that you'll need to play around with the amp's gain to match the levels with the rest of your system. If you do that, I recommend...
  11. Nick V

Sansui BA-2000

As long as it has preouts it won't be a problem.
  12. Nick V

Marantz 6270Q turntable?

I snapped a couple of pictures this morning, and put this little web page together. It's only about an hour old so you'll have to forgive me if there are a few flaws... My HT Page
  13. Nick V

Marantz 6270Q turntable?

The cart. says Marantz on the top, and on the side it says 'TC-40', I'm assuming it's the original cart. that came with this TT, but I could be wrong. I firgure I may as well just buy a new cart. so if anyone has some suggestions for a decent $40-60 cartridge, that would be greatly...
  14. Nick V

Marantz 6270Q turntable?

I picked this turntable up at a garage sale today, and I was wondering if it's a decent peice of vintage gear? Does anyone have any experience with it? It only cost me $15 and it appears to be in near-new condition. No scratches or anything. If it's a peice of crap it's not that big of a...
Back
Top Bottom