Search results

1. loaded

New listening space, new speakers?

thats good to know... may have been the 710? that was a long time ago.
  2. loaded

New listening space, new speakers?

I just moved and my listening space isn't coming with me. I had a dedicated listening room, 15 x 18'. It was awesome... dialed it in and enjoyed it a lot. While the new house is better in every way, I no longer have a listening room. Rather, I'm back to putting my hifi system in the living...
  3. loaded

Micro Seiki owner's club

Anyone have any info on the DQ-5? I am looking at picking one up locally but am finding ZERO information online. Would like to know where this sat in the hierarchy of offerings and what tonearm is stock. thank you!
  4. loaded

Moving to Moving Coil...

This is interesting as I have not yet jumped into the real differences of Styli types... for me I have a very basic understanding, as in, Good, Better, Best. Would like to know why best is best!
  5. loaded

Moving to Moving Coil...

All good info here, appreciate all the input! I am feeling good in my decision to move on the 301MKII. I rally do need to try out a good AT some day. I wrote them off long ago after trying out a few of the highly recommended budget AT carts and found that they all had a similar sound...
  6. loaded

Moving to Moving Coil...

I am leaning towards the DL301 II at the moment... thank you for the helpful feedback tnsilver! Not sure I am confident enough to go for a custom 103 cartridge until I know what the cart sounds like in stock form. I started going down a rabbit hole looking into the DL103 customization...
  7. loaded

Moving to Moving Coil...

I have it book marked and refer to it often! Thanks Athalwolf.
  8. loaded

Moving to Moving Coil...

Been listening to vinyl for a very long time but I only have experience with MM cartridges. Just acquired a new to me phono pre with MM and MC settings. VERY happy with the preamp. However, that MC option has taken hold of my brain and where I have never given moving coil carts a thought, I...
  9. loaded

Type AA Crossover Build Help

thanks avguy.... figured it was something like that but couldn't find anything on it. I assume any solid hookup wire would work... probably about 20awg? Nice caps btw.
  10. loaded

Type AA Crossover Build Help

I am building up a pair of Type AA crossovers for My 1976 La Scala's and I have nearly all parts ready to go. Was looking to get started but l have one question... after looking at a lot of pictures of original and rebuilt AA xo's, there appears to be a bare wire that is daisy chained to each...
  11. loaded

Muzishare x7 (Line Magnetic?)

I've been enjoying my X7 for almost a year now. I almost immediately swapped out the preamp tubes with nos RCA 12AU7's and nos Tungsram 12ax7 with a phillips 5U4GB rectifier. It sounds awesome with my Klipsch La Scala's. Excellent soundstage and air... so fun to listen to. I've started...
  12. loaded

Empire 2000e III Replacement Stylus

thanks Wolfie... great info! That might be the winner. So now that I am learning of all these options, what is the BEST aftermarket replacement stylus for the 2000e III?
  13. loaded

I'm going shibata... considering I was going to drop $260 for the Grado, I'm saving nearly $100. Thanks for all the info, and now I know some alternative stylus suppliers... thanks you!
  14. loaded

purchased a Thorens TD 145 MKIII recently that came with an Empire 2000e III. Not sure what the current stylus is, but it sounds great. As it is an old cartridge and the stylus has unknown hours left on it I wanted to get a replacement stylus now, at least find a good option. This is my first...
  15. loaded

Altec 1235 Find...

Update... got the cabs cleaned up, they were dusty/dirty! going to wait to to pretty them up until I get it sounding right and find them to be keepers. My current 2 decisions are whether to go Active or Passive XO. The pragmatic side of says get the GPA Model 19 Passive Crossovers and call it...
  16. loaded

Altec 1235 Find...

Hey Elitopus, didn't see this reply till now... thank you for the info! I actually picked up the cabs yesterday for only $100. They definitely are not real Altec cabs. the owner built them himself in the 80's "to spec" from the Altec plans. Whatever, I can say they are solidly built. Plan...
  17. loaded

Altec 1235c - my next speaker project

There is someone selling a renovated pair of VOTT... that used the 828 cab right? $1800.
  18. loaded

So I think I'm going to pass on these... the seller has been kind of a D bag. Major hassle trying to confirm a time to meet. Really wanted to try a horn loaded cabinet for the woofer. Might go back to the original plans of having a bass reflex box + the 811's... model 19ish. Elitopus, just...
  19. loaded

while were on the topic... can anyone confirm these are 816s? the fact that the port at the bottom is not split makes me wonder as every picture I have seen of an 816 cabinet has a split port. they are asking $200, fair? That is certainly a lot less than having a cabinet made for me.
  20. loaded

Thank you Leben... that is good to hear you have had been able to make it work for you. I do plan to use a sub even though I am not even close to a basshead. Listening will be mainly at lower volumes on a low powered SET amp. any crossover suggestions?
  21. loaded

Altec horn crossover

Hey Roccus, how did this work out? I am looking at the same build as I might pick up the same cabs today to go with my 811b horns... would love to know how/if you got it to work for you?
  22. loaded

Altec 1235 Find...

I am collecting the components for a speaker project after coming across a pair of Altec 811B's locally. I was looking at the possibility of having a Model 19 "like" cab built up but then I found a pair of Altec 1235's locally, for $200. the 1235's have the stock 421A woofers. Given these...
  23. loaded

Gold Horns... got me thinking now as I am going to paint my 811's for this project. I am going to check out the 816 cabinets this afternoon and hopefully pick them up. These 816's have the stock 421A woofers that are an instrument woofer. So I am wondering what woofer would best serve these...
  24. loaded

And! Hey Jcricket... what became of this project? I found myself with some 811B horns and wanted to build some cabs until a pair of 816s popped up and now I'm thinking I might just go with a similar build to yours. Would love to hear your experience on how the 816/511 combo turned out. I'd...
  25. loaded

love your Altecs!!!

love your Altecs!!!
Back
Top Bottom