Search results

1. B

Just got the ifi Zen Stream

Thanks for the reply, Frank. I did have the Node 3 but returned it. I did like its range of features though. My SMSL SU-9n DAC does have bluetooth capability so it looks like for now streaming Amazon from the phone to the SU would work just as well by itself as having the Zen in the chain. I...
  2. B

Just got the ifi Zen Stream

This is the one issue I had wondered about since Amazon HD is my service of choice. I left Tidal a couple of years back and have no desire to return. I do have Spotify also but am looking for a direct connection with a lossless service. I had the new Bluesound Node but returned it due to a...
  3. B

Topping D70s vs. DX7 Pro

Thanks for the replies, botrytis & gvl. I don't have Tidal so MQA switching shouldn't be a problem. Radio Paradise which comes with the Bluesound Node2, the device I'll be using this with, does have the option for either MQA or CD quality but I probably won't be using that very much & can always...
  4. B

Topping D70s vs. DX7 Pro

Thanks for the reply, gvl. On one hand it looks favorable to pull the trigger on the DX7 but on the other hand, given Topping's tendency to come out with a lot of new products in quick succession, it might be good to see if they're coming out with a new model to take its place. Regardless, I'll...
  5. B

Topping D70s vs. DX7 Pro

I've been looking for a DAC to add to the Bluesound Node2 and wondered if anyone could opine on the differences between these two. The D70s is DAC only whereas the DX7 Pro combines that with a headphone amp. They both cost the same so I was wondering if the 70 puts more under the hood to go...
  6. B

Rogue Cronus Magnum II Tube Rolling

Thanks for the reply AE35. I hadn't heard of Cifte until lately (earlier in this thread I think). Looks like everyone else knows about them though because they're all sold out when I check the tube stores. I was wondering if they were reissue tubes though since they usually show up at around $40...
  7. B

Thanks for the reply Old Guy 8. Yes, the phono stage is supposed to be a pretty good upgrade from previous versions as well as the headphone amp although you mention you don't use that anyway. It's supposed to be quieter overall also. As far as internal phono stage compared to external I don't...
  8. B

Reviving this thread again. I recently purchased a Cronus and really like it. While saving up the bucks to get it upgraded to the Magnum III I thought I would ask how people who contributed to this thread are liking their tube choices by this time (or anyone who has gotten one in the interim &...
  9. B

Your favorite "little" receiver ever?

Actually I had posted an answer but it doesn't seem to have gotten through so here goes again. The 201 is part of a rotation I use in the bedroom system. The amps range from a 13 watts per channel small tube amp to 55 watts per channel on a Rogue Audio Cronus. You would want to have a fairly...
  10. B

Exact Audio Copy Question

Thanks for the replies. That worked out perfectly!!
  11. B

Exact Audio Copy Question

Hope this is the correct sub-forum for this. I installed EAC on my latest desktop. It defaults now to another data base than FreeDB (can't remember if this is the exact title or not) which was the default choice. The new one charges a fee. How would I get the old FreeDB into the new EAC? TIA
  12. B

Any dual-mono integrated/receiver owner?

Mitsubishi DA-P10 as a preamp & Mitsubishi DA-A150DC as a power amp, both in the TV system. Both are dual mono.
  13. B

Some questions for those that buy new audio gear

I bought new (Rogue Audio Pharaoh) because I loved the way it sounded so by saving up & also selling off some older equipment I was able to swing it. Since I'm not an able repair person I'll be counting on it to last for a long while without giving me problems. Some of my older gear worked fine...
  14. B

Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear

Well, she lost a little credibility with the last 3 words of this quote: ["We almost find it humorous that cats want to kill us, or hate us or we're their slaves," Delgado said. Plus, she noted, people have coexisted with cats for millennia.] If that were true we all wouldn't be such slavish...
  15. B

I'm sure the following comes as no surprise to any of us: http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/wonder/study-says-your-cat-would-kill-you-if-it-was-bigger/vi-BBmKiJ5?ocid=sf Then again, they know they can dominate us without killing us so they're smart enough to do that & keep us around to fulfill...
  16. B

Look her up as Avia A at metarthunter.com if you want to see "more" of her (at least I've...er...um...heard........I've, of course, have never...ahem...done that).
  17. B

Going Digital!

Hey o_Oscar, Sorry for the delay in replying. That Sphinx does sound excellent, as well as their Cronus Magnum for those prefering more tubes in the system and of course the aforementioned Pharaoh. Another good thing about Rogue is that they will continue to improve on their products and offer...
  18. B

Going Digital!

from Kt77: "Way to go............., having personally hear a few of the Bel Canto amps as well as the Rogue Audio Sphinx in a local shop as well as a friends system........., I'd say that I care less that some folks don't like the sound of Class D amps, but the reality of it is, I believe most...
  19. B

Headphone volume

I don't know the answer but I can state that most of them were unusable because the default volume was too friggin' loud!!
  20. B

To FLAC or not to FLAC, That's the question.

If you're not obligated to get a Samsung phone in your new deal you could check out the HTC, either M8 or newer M9. I have the 8 & it does pretty well as far as phone SQ goes. I noticed in the link provided by botrytis that it came in with the top ranking of the ones listed. I think, but haven't...
  21. B

We feline lovers welcome the canine lovers. Practically speaking, I guess a thread showing a malamute trying to sit on a tuner wouldn't get nearly as many entries though :)
  22. B

Marantz Fanatic buys Concept Receiver - problems ensue...

Geez, are youze guys tryin' to gimme a heart attack heah?!?! I was contentedly browsing around AK & saw the "Marantz Fanatic buys Concept Receiver - problems ensue.." title & then saw Eric's screen name as the author. I'm the guy who sold the 11.0 to him. It had worked fine here & supposedly got...
  23. B

Beginners guide on what to look for with equipment at a yard sale

I always carried a 1/8" to RCA cord, a music player and a pair of headphones. That way you could check to see that it at least worked and then take it from there.
  24. B

Nor have they ever let us forget it either! :)
  25. B

Up Tone Audio USB REGEN

Mine arrived yesterday. Haven't even had time to plug it in yet but hope to spend some serious time checking it out tonight.
Back
Top Bottom