Search results

1. ripblade

Incognito Rewire Kit question

The cartridge tags should be included in the kit. They're not installed on the wires for obvious reasons. If you don't have the ones supplied, quality replacements can be had through Michell or Cardas, or a number of vendors on eBay.
  2. ripblade

Is the Black Widow that good?

Shure with Jico SAS should do fine.
  3. ripblade

Do turntable weights make a noticeable improvement?

With such a small difference in weight, what it's made of will have a bigger impact on the sonic differences. Metal will damp the upper bass and bring out the dynamics more than will wood, rubber or plastic, especially that part which contacts the label. Which is best depends on your preferences.
  4. ripblade

Is the Black Widow that good?

What's a medium speed Grado? Wouldn't a high speed one be better? ;)
  5. ripblade

Sony PS-X600 Platter Mat

There probably is somewhere on the circuit board....:dunno:
  6. ripblade

Sony PS-X600 Platter Mat

The X600 mat has slots cut in it for the record size detector. Without the slots the processor assumes an LP is on the platter. The arm drop further in may be related or it needs adjustment.
  7. ripblade

Intermittent loud pop noise on new but defected Ethos Goldring

What are the other 4 cartridges? What arm? I'm wondering if you have a grounding issue the other cartridges are bypassing.
  8. ripblade

Oracle Delphi MKII-popping

Is there another one for the chassis?
  9. ripblade

Oracle Delphi MKII-popping

Is the chassis grounded? There's a grounding nut on the underside to the left of the arm board. This needs to be connected to ground in addition to the arm itself.
  10. ripblade

'nother USB microscope question

For the side sra, yes, it needs to be measured in software. For correct overhang alignment, setting up a scope takes far too much time, imo. Nice if you want to post a picture on the web, though...:)
  11. ripblade

'nother USB microscope question

A lighted magnifier or loup of a sort used for quick stylus inspection is more than adequate for viewing alignment. Easier to use as it requires no setup and is more accurate as the cantilever can be viewed more directly from the front as it should be viewed...
  12. ripblade

Looking for my next cartridge

Sumiko Moonstone ticks all the boxes, plus it's upgradable should the urge arise.
  13. ripblade

What Alignment do you use - Poll

Distortion depends on stylus velocity, which is why many contemporary music albums place the quiet tracks closest to the label....to minimize distortion. It seems natural that one's ideal alignment will depend in part on their choice of music.
  14. ripblade

What Alignment do you use - Poll

No offset, ie, straight arm. These trade higher distortion for no or low skating towards the inner groove where it tends to wreak havoc with tracking ability.
  15. ripblade

What to look for in an affordable Ultrasonic Cleaner for vinyl?

I use this stuff... https://www.makingcosmetics.com/CDT-BEHT-01.html?lang=default Purest form available, plus it makes the rekkid shiny. :biggrin:
  16. ripblade

Platter Matter Replacement

Isolate-it! makes a pretty close replacement. The surface is textured to reduce cling but is otherwise 100% sorbothane like the original. Price is not bad compared to what the PM cost way back when...
  17. ripblade

New to Oracle….Model ID?

A lot of parts are easily upgradable, but I was thinking of the MVSS damper and counterweight, which need precision installation. A local shop may do it, but I'd want to make sure they were licensed by Oracle before paying for it.
  18. ripblade

New to Oracle….Model ID?

Looks like the one in my avatar, a MkI. The interface box is used with arms featuring a DIN plug as standard cables are too stiff for the suspension. The PIB-1 shield appears black but is actually silver braid that has tarnished over time. I believe the internal wire is silver as well. The...
  19. ripblade

Ultrasonic cleaner water temperature?

Body temperature or luke warm. If it's too hot to touch, it's too hot!
  20. ripblade

Anyone tried Darlington Labs preamp ?

The MP-7 is not a bright-forward sounding phono stage, so I'm not surprised it wouldn't take much to send it to the dark side. Like any other high resolution component, it will reveal weaknesses elsewhere in the system.
  21. ripblade

DIY Cantilever Replacement Attempt no. 1

VTF should be ~2g, +/- 0.5g. 1.25 is much too low and could account for the distortion you're hearing.
  22. ripblade

Shure V15 III vs Denon DL103R

Yes, this is conventional wisdom. I wish my experience was the same, but the Mission arm is no conventional arm, and the wood body 103r is no conventional 103. Still, observation beats speculation every time, there's no denying it. :)
  23. ripblade

$11 Chinese AT3600L Thread Mk. II - Champagne sound on a Beer budget!

Not faux wood or faux anything.....boron.... I want Boron! Lol. Yeah, that's at least a hundo over the mark, maybe more. Whatever....some people like the sound of the entry AT, but if AT didn't bother to upgrade this one I wouldn't either. Especially at that price.
  24. ripblade

Any experience with LP Gear's P-mount NSS Nude Schwarz styli?

LPG are late to the nudie game and have to reach extremes to differentiate their brand from the others. I mean, what the heck is an "unencumbered polycrystallin diamond tip"? Bondeds are encumbered? Never heard that one before...:crazy: Nude schwarz.... I bet Mel Brooks would have something...
  25. ripblade

I think it’s time for a new stylus or cartridge

Subjective terminology is ambiguous; this is the first time I've read that AT is warmer than Shure...
Back
Top Bottom