Search results

1. r_deming

Thorens owners group

Never thought it would happen!!! But I was in the right place (sort of) right time, and most important cash in hand from recent sales Spotted this on marketplace for $1k without arm or arm board. I mentioned to the seller that it’s too bad he was so far away. I’m in southern NH and he is in...
  2. r_deming

What level of SME arm is needed to upgrade from the stock SL-1200 arm?

Bit of an old thread, but how does the Sme fit? Do you need to modify the sub chassis and bottom base?
  3. r_deming

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Well this followed me home today!! (Not the actual unit I picked up) Grabbed a ca2010 and a ct1010 today off marketplace. No sound output so I drove it straight over to my tech and dropped it off!!
  4. r_deming

Technics 1200 mk2 Ground Wire Attachments?

I figured it out…I removed the arm tube and there is an insert that the ground wire is attached to that simply pulls out. I soldered on a new wire and I’m all set.
  5. r_deming

Technics 1200 mk2 Ground Wire Attachments?

Any luck?
  6. r_deming

QRK/Russco motor won’t stop with power off

Thanks…was planning on replacing both anyway.
  7. r_deming

QRK/Russco motor won’t stop with power off

I’m guessing I need to replace the run and start capacitors. The real question is what type of capacitor to use. Its oval shaped metal can .25uf with high voltage I would have to check the specific. The model is QRK 12s thanks for the help
  8. r_deming

Rek o kut help

Has anyone here have experience taking apart one of these motors?
  9. r_deming

Rek o kut help

Just got everything lubed up and a new belt and motor mounts…added oil and let the motor run and damn that motor is loud AF. Doesn’t seem to be bearing noise, just the hum and fan blades are quite prominent. Looks like I will be breaking down the motor and giving it a good cleaning. My guess...
  10. r_deming

Rek o kut help

I believe the manual calls for 20w on the main bearing and for the motor. I will double check that though.
  11. r_deming

AK was awesome and now it is frustrating.

I hear you, but like everything else New things take a bit to get used to.
  12. r_deming

Rek o kut help

Just picked up a k33H Just a couple questions How much oil for the motor? Is this the motor that does not need a capacitor? If it does need a cap what are the correct values? And while I’m here…cart ID(not a priority) And thanks everyone I have learned more grimes all of you here than I ever...
  13. r_deming

Regret Having Opened my Pioneer PL-7

Just worked on one for a customer! Boy was I underestimating the design of this one. Don’t let the plastic fool you, it’s well designed and is a good little turntable! Definitely did not have the tech in mind when designing it.
  14. r_deming

Pioneer CS-99A

Well I figured I had nothing to loose…took them apart and the break in the wire was right at the spot where it is sandwiched between the cardboard. So I was able to undo less than a turn and fed it under the card board and re soldered and BAM!! Got a working set of cs 99A!! And I got some backup...
  15. r_deming

Pioneer CS-99A

I bought a pair of original model tweeters for replacement. I love to keep things stock. While I’m at it I think I will recap the crossover. If I have some failed capacitors the last thing I need is to blow another tweeter.
  16. r_deming

Pioneer CS-99A

That’s what I’m thinking. I saw a pair on eBay for a little over $100. Not nearly as pricy as I thought it would be
  17. r_deming

Pioneer CS-99A

The multi cell horn tweeter.
  18. r_deming

Pioneer CS-99A

Just recently acquired a pair and when I got them home to test them no high frequency on one of them. So last night I pulled all the drivers and checked continuity and sure enough the tweeter got no reading!! Is there any repairing this or is the only solution buying a replacement? Seems...
  19. r_deming

Organ amps

More pics. Hopefully the deal doesn’t fall thru. I don’t have it yet Anyone able to ID this?
  20. r_deming

Organ amps

Yes getting the whole thing
  21. r_deming

Organ amps

I’m really just looking to flip it, just seems like something I shouldn’t pass up.
  22. r_deming

Organ amps

Going to pick this up. Don’t know much other than it’s from an organ. if anyone has an idea what it is I would love some info. I’ll post better pics when I pick it up
  23. r_deming

Do you consider resale value when purchasing new or used speakers?

Same goes for speakers…could have used klipsch, Stephen’s trusonics, big JBL monitors as examples.
  24. r_deming

Do you consider resale value when purchasing new or used speakers?

It depends…in this hobby there will be certain pieces that are always going to be desirable. Think technics 1200, marantz 2270, thorens td124 and just about any piece of McIntosh. you will rarely get an amazing deal on them and most of the time you will be paying close to retail price. And the...
  25. r_deming

List of the most underrated Vintage Receivers?

Also maybe not the vintage you are referring to, but the big flagship denon av receivers of the late 90s to early 2000s. Avr 4800 Avr 5800 series I have an avc a1 that’s basically a 5803 without the tuner and has a gold faceplate. Take a look under the hood of these guys they are built like...
Back
Top Bottom