Search results

1. Andyman

Cost to sell on eBay

I had the exact same thought.
  2. Andyman

Cost to sell on eBay

I agree, but it doesn’t work that way; $600 is insanely low and we can only hope that the idiots in Congress straighten out the IRS. I expected a number around $5000 or more. $20,000 is really too high, and $600 is an indictment of the economic ignorance of those who determined the figure. It is...
  3. Andyman

First AK Fest was 20 years ago, Feb 21, 2004

Yep, I'd bet that's Gary. He actually surfaced here a few ekks back, Wasn't that the year he had the disco room with all the colored lights. It finally ame to me that Mrs. Bot is Gloria.
  4. Andyman

Cost to sell on eBay

That’s the case with a lot of the folks here, but not the IRS. There’s talk of dealing with personal items sold, like that deck you bought 20 years ago, but with the emergence of online sales there been a whole cottage industry started. I saw a while ago a suggested method of how the IRS wants...
  5. Andyman

Cost to sell on eBay

Why? You paid $10 and sold it for $610 and that IS exactly what a $600 gross profit is. Now you can deduct any costs you incurred in parts, tools, shipping and shipping materials, miles driven m, and tech fees above your time and labor. This scenario is exactly why these changes were made as...
  6. Andyman

Grumpy is having a get together, come on over.

Let’s get some pics!!!
  7. Andyman

Mason Jar speakers?

Lol, found this today on FB… That big glass bit probably cost more than a decent set of bookshelf speakers, which obviously lack the panache of whiskey bottles… https://www.facebook.com/share/v/84d37GrV4UAeBUH3/?mibextid=WC7FNe
  8. Andyman

Can anyone identify these speakers?

Nothing special. Probably rack system speakers of little value.
  9. Andyman

Grumpy is having a get together, come on over.

Wowsa! I'll be in Austin that day visiting Han! IDK her plans for us yet, and it's only a 4 day visit, but there's a chance I'll be able to make it.
  10. Andyman

AK Retiree Club

Congrats! One of my biggest health miscues was not getting enough sleep when working. I did 20 years on 5 hours sleep when I started at 5AM, and now get about 10, plus lounging around in bed on my phone like now. I doubt the extra now will undue any damage done, but at least it isn’t getting worse.
  11. Andyman

We may be cool........

Dead at 27 is quite a price to pay….
  12. Andyman

AK Retiree Club

Congrats on your impending retirement. There are plenty of posts in this thread about Social Security and you can search the thread for soical security to get the thread. The big thing one needs to evaluate is their needs and how much earned income one may have prior to reaching their full...
  13. Andyman

Itching to upgrade, looking for opinions.

You might consider coming to the lower 48 for a few days of auditions. Find a cheap flight to somewhere with a lot of audio stores to audition and come down for a few days. You could even drive and save some money on a flight and shipping, unless there are dirt cheap round trip flights available
  14. Andyman

Fried Q???

Well, adding a new option to my speaker purge. I decided to play the family room Fried Qs in the main rig down stairs, especially since I have a 4 way speaker selector set up. These guys are great! Switching them back between the AR-10Pis they are clearly in the race and quite probably will wind...
  15. Andyman

What's your latest audio purchase?

I picked up one of these Fosi 300W BT receivers w/48V PS about a month ago for $99.9 and very pleased with its performance in my system. It may replace one of my regular amps pretty soon.
  16. Andyman

Confused about top notch tuners and my situation

Do you stream? There are MANY stations nationwide that have internet feeds that can output via a DAC for listening and obviously have no distance constraits. I was listening to a WA state stream a while ago here in Detroit just fine and also sold my bedroom receiver to Bluetooth a local NPR from...
  17. Andyman

Super Bowl Half Time Alternatives?

Defensive battle makes for a dull game. Halftime show was on, but nothing enticed more than glances... FWIW, both the Packers and the Lions gave the 49er's more fight than the Chiefs so far.
  18. Andyman

2007 Superbowl Prince Performance

Click the underlined "Watch on YouTube" in the preview box. It works for me.
  19. Andyman

2007 Superbowl Prince Performance

This is the best SuperBowl show ever in my opinion and a lot of others. It's 12 minutes well spent; too bad it isn't in HD. Click the link in the block to get to YouTube
  20. Andyman

AK Retiree Club

That's what we did. Once retired it's all about cash flow and tax avoidance. One needs to remember that your retirement savings are meant to be used in retirement and not saved for a rainy day, but he old nugget about never touch the principal is good advice. Ideally one would like to live off...
  21. Andyman

AK Retiree Club

WOW, that’s great. Anyone who can retire before SS and Medicare kick in is doing very well. Congratulations on your good fortune and savvy planning!!
  22. Andyman

AK Retiree Club

I’d like to see the math on that, as I’ve done it and disagree. I took mine in my FRA year at 66 and 8 months and a straight line number accounting, w/o accounting for any interest earnings, shows it takes about 11 years to reach break even on the monies left behind. That means I won’t catch up...
  23. Andyman

AK Retiree Club

Well, no Medicare until you are 65 and you can take SS at 62 , but at only 75% of your full retirement age benefit that year, but you will get 60 checks more at 62 than at 67, albeit smaller ones. Regardless, you’ll need savings to cover a larger portion of your life if you start earlier, as...
  24. Andyman

Foghat at the Ukranian Sunflower Festival

Now it’s clear…. BTW, the Funky Music connection is that the lead guitarist played on that Wild Cherry tune. It’s been a staple with them a long, long time.
  25. Andyman

Request: Pics of your clean living room Hifi setup!

Ain't no clean here. Gimme a few more months
Back
Top Bottom