Search results

1. Andyman

2007 Superbowl Prince Performance

This is the best SuperBowl show ever in my opinion and a lot of others. It's 12 minutes well spent; too bad it isn't in HD. Click the link in the block to get to YouTube
  2. Andyman

Sylvania Alpha Tube Codes??

I’ve run across these codes several times recently and haven’t been able to resolve them online, so I figured I’d pick some brains here. I’ve run into a couple of Sylvania tubes recently that have a stacked 5 letter code ab/CDE, as in the picture. Does anyone have a link or chart to...
  3. Andyman

Compactron Tube Values? What's worthy and what's Meh?

I'm finally delving into the morass of Kegger's tubes and have no idea on the value of the compactron tubes he has. I generally set them aside, but know 6LU8s were the the subject of an amp build here and looked for them, Are their any others I should look for that have some reasonable value? I...
  4. Andyman

Need Woofer ID

I found a pair of these on my shelf today and need help with an ID. They are 10” poly woofers with a huge concave dust cap and magnet. Vented magnet too. It weighs around 6 3/4#. I’m pretty sure I got them from a local here about 10-15 years ago in a set of angled home brews he was pretty...
  5. Andyman

Good, Inexpensive 12” Woofer for a 5 ft3 Econowave?

Well, I was gifted a nice set of Rosewood cabs about 5 ft3 that had some JBL D123s in and I’d like to Ewave them, as I have the top ends already. I currently have a nice set of Ewave Advents and built a set with JBL LE 14s, so I’m not a noobie and I like the sound. I looked into the Ewave...
  6. Andyman

Tweeter ID. Electrostatic???

Snagged a pair of these today for very little money, but have no clue what they are as there is nothing at all on them. "Electrostatic" was scrawled on the IKEAesque carton the were jammed in, one wrapped in a paper towel. Any and all help is appreciated!! Thanks, Andy
  7. Andyman

Netflix Outside Sharing is Over Today

It looks like the party is over... My daughter just got a popup on her Netflix to address password sharing and we are locked out as we live elsewhere. She needs to verify herself and she can add two guests for $7.99/mo each, so we are currently processing the addition. It was just a matter of...
  8. Andyman

HELP!! GPT Protected Partition Problem with 4Tb Drive of music

I am in the process of moving my digital media to my W11 desktop from my W10 laptop based system and am having an issue with my 4Tb storage disk; it's not being seen now. Actually, it wasn't being seem for a while on my W10 laptop either. At some point I made it into a GPT partitoned disk to...
  9. Andyman

Anyone recognize these speakers?

These popped up locally and look interesting. The side firing tweeters look like decent domes, the cabinet construction is impressive and very good if DIY, and they have decent bottom mounted 5 way connectors. There are feet on the unfinished back which indicates the angled grill should but on...
  10. Andyman

AI Generated Music Coming soon??

Who needs artists when AI can generated the ultimate cover, or even new music??? This is going to get interesting…. https://amp.theguardian.com/business/2023/apr/12/streaming-sites-ai-copyrighted-music-copycat-tracks
  11. Andyman

Stereo Bomb in India

My wife just told me about this. A guy rigs a bomb in a stereo he gifts his ex-lover as a wedding gift. “The accused told the police that he had planted the explosive in the home theater and gifted it to the married couple in a bid to kill them. He used ammonium nitrate, petrol, and gunpowder...
  12. Andyman

So FedEx requires 3” of padding now; how about USPS and UPS?

So I just was denied on my first FedEx claim in years because it wasn’t packed properly, I have been using a 2” standard for years, but apparently FedEx now requires 3”. My buyer even supplied me with video of the driver dropping the carton on the corner the damage occurred on, but they are...
  13. Andyman

Help with Modded Dynaco PAS 3 with 3 Transformer Power Supply

I picked up a very modded Dynaco PAS 3 today on my way home from Lowe's at a garage sale. Aside from apparently having 3 Phono circuits, it has a power supply using huge Sprague caps and 3 small transformers, a Balance switch (not pot), and a very nice repro black faceplate. Has anyone any idea...
  14. Andyman

Can't ship to your location????

As a corollary to the thread about eBay sellers on vacation, has anyone else run into Amazon or Home Depot orders that say they "can't ship to your location" ? I have and I live in suburban Detroit and see Amazon, USPS, UPS, and Fedex trucks daily in my neighborhood, so I am wondering why on...
  15. Andyman

Anyone on Windows 11 yet?

I have a notification that my W11 upgrade is ready to go, so I'm wondering if I should wade in right now or wait. Much of the touted enhancements are to ancillary programs and features I don't use, so I'm wondering if I should be a sacrificial lamb in the first wave, or hang back and let others...
  16. Andyman

Help w/ Kegger's Monster Hernia Amp

I'm finally dealing with the last of Kegger's stuff and I need help figuring what this project may be; hopefully he may have chatted with someone here about this monster and can help me figure out exactly what it might be. It's huge, ballpark 24"x12", and LOADED with some of the biggest chunks...
  17. Andyman

Kegger's 10" Woofer ID

I need a hand figuring out what these woofers I found at Paul's maybe. I may have figured it out 3 years ago, but if so I forgot. They are 10" with a fairly thick rubber surround and a red plastic band on the magnet. There is also a thick felt gasket around the perimeter. For some reason I'm...
  18. Andyman

Who's got the real Crabgrass killer???

I went to Lowe's to get a blue bag of Scott's w/Halts as my crabgrass preemergent and almost bought some Spectracide Weed and Crabgrass spray, but decided to dig a bit before I rebuy as last years product was a huge fail. I know the Scott's will retard the growth of new seeds, but the old...
  19. Andyman

My Dustcover cleanup

Picked up an Onkyo DD CF1500 recently for the Shure V15MR it was wearing. I will address the dustcover, which is whole, but literally covered with nasty pitting. I'll do a test to see if my efforts will be rewarded and take it from there. The project as found...
  20. Andyman

Is it a good time to buy/sell right now?

I'm sitting on the porch waiting for a FB Marketplace pickup right now; it about my 15th in a month and wondering with folks off and places closed if more aren't using the time to thin the herd of grab a bargain? I've been off for about 3 months and accelerated my local efforts to move some...
  21. Andyman

Finally, the AR-10PIs are up and running

One of my projects on my Covid-19 LOA is to refoam all the speakers in the garage, and Sunday was the day for the AR-10PIs. Doing some research here, it appears I got them before 2008, so they've been patiently waiting for 12 years or more. They needed surrounds, which I had procured years ago...
  22. Andyman

Free Carp....

Interesting.... I remember "fishing" for these years ago in the shallows of Green Bay with a garden rake when they were in spawning. And a 6' pile of them by a dam in Horicon Marsh with electric wires to keep them out of the marsh. Folks snagged them with treble hooks and tossed them on the...
  23. Andyman

Robert Conrad has passed....

Just saw this on FB. Loved him in The Wild Wild West. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/robert-conrad-dead-wild-wild-west-action-star-was-84-1119262 FWIW, he's the third this week behind Orson Bean last night and Kirk Douglas a few days back..
  24. Andyman

What to do with dead or weak tubes???

So yesterday, I won an auction at a meet for a bunch of tubes. As I was waiting to pay, a guy asked me what if they were all bad and I replied that 95+% of the tubes I buy and test are fine. Well, this bunch was the exception as maybe 10% test good enough to sell, and some are just flat out dead...
  25. Andyman

More Rock N Roll HOF nonsense.....

Saw this over on Facebook. Lots of iconic artists, but sorry, Babs, Dolly, Patsy Cline and 90% of that list aren't rockers. Pat Benetar should get in this year, and I'm OK with Annie Lenox, The Runaways, and even Cyndi Lauper; but the others don't rock. Change the name to Pop Music Hall of...
Back
Top Bottom