Search results

1. steely

Hartley Zodiac 1A speakers

Well, it took more than 3½ years but I finally saw this!! o_O Are you still interested??
  2. steely

Is wall-mounting rear-ported speakers always a bad idea?

I'm so happy to have spotted this thread because I've been tormenting myself for years over a similar issue. I have a pair of rear-ported B&W Matrix 2 Series 2 speakers in my basement home theater sitting on shelves in a built-in wall unit. The deep shelves allow for decent clearance (roughly...
  3. steely

Disassemble B&W Matrix Series

If you want that arrangement why not just flip the speakers upside-down?
  4. steely

I own (and still use) a pair of Matrix 2 Series 2 but have never had a need to work on them nor would I know how to go about it. If you're handy the service manuals on the site linked above should be very helpful.
  5. steely

Great B&W reference page! Thanks for posting that. :thmbsp:
  6. steely

B&W (Bowers & Wilkins) CT700 Series?

These speakers have been around for 5 or 6 years and nobody's heard them??? Wow.
  7. steely

B&W (Bowers & Wilkins) CT700 Series?

Has anyone here heard these? They've been around for a few years now but online user reviews - or reviews of any kind - are scant. Specifically, I'm curious about the top-of-the-line CT7.3 LCRS as, in theory, they would work well as front mains, horizontally oriented, in my home theater...
  8. steely

Special note on DC power for the ART DJ Pre II

Thanks. Guess I'll give it a shot! Happy 4th!
  9. steely

I'm thinking about trying your lithium battery solution. Have you (or anyone else) tried it with the USB version of the ART? Is the 3800mAh capacity sufficient and are the sonic improvements worth the trouble?
  10. steely

Another power supply comparison, ART DJ Pre II

I'm not sure I should admit it, but I'm kind of fond of that LED! :music:
  11. steely

Another power supply comparison, ART DJ Pre II

Couldn't wait to tell us Roy, eh? I didn't even get a chance to download the files yet!!
  12. steely

Phono Pre: ART DJPRE II vs. DB Systems DB-8

Surprised? I would EXPECT it! Makes things more interesting anyway... Wow, you've got a lot on your plate. You sure you want to open this Pandora's Box? Speaking for myself, I'm fine with whatever well-recorded cuts you think would make for good comparisons. BTW, I have a few original...
  13. steely

How is Hakaplan?

I was thinking about him earlier today. His comparative testing on interconnect cables and their capacitance was very helpful to me when I first came to this site several years ago seeking advice. He was responsive to questions in private messages and seemed like a genuinely nice guy...
  14. steely

This thread has risen to new heights of excellence!! We have some very generous members here, exchanging well-formed thoughts, ideas and opinions, working towards a common goal and purpose. An example of the Internet at its best! Thank you all. :tresbon:
  15. steely

What are your favorite Sheffield Lab recordings?

I have Dave Grusin's "Discovered Again" and the Thelma Houston & Pressure Cooker LP. Both are outstanding. Sonically, I don't think ANYTHING can beat "I've Got The Music In Me" (talking about the whole album, not just the title track). I like most of the tunes on it, too, but "Discovered...
  16. steely

Thanks, beatcomber, for the early review and generous offer to pick up and distribute the appropriate cord. I have two USB versions of the ART but see no reason why a DC power source modification wouldn't offer similar sonic improvements. Very much looking forward to hearing comparative...
  17. steely

Nope. That's exactly what I do...well, via an extension cord! :)
  18. steely

About this subject, here is an EXACT quote from someone whose opinion I value. It comes from a two-year-old PM to me on another web site: "I'd say that DB systems was better than most of the phono stages I tried, but still not as good as the ART. Was a very simple circuit. Nothing about it...
  19. steely

Free Audacity alternative!

I'm installing now. Have to opt out of 3rd party (AVG) software and reboot required.
  20. steely

You're welcome...and I agree with you!
  21. steely

Nero free stuff: http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads/index.php Scroll down for the free tools and apps! Here too: http://www.nero.com/enu/products/nero12/applications-templates-and-themes.php
  22. steely

New Beatles LP's sound quality review!

Opened "Sgt. Pepper's" first. Perfectly flat record, extremely quiet vinyl with amazing sound quality and separation. VERY impressed!
  23. steely

New Beatles LP's sound quality review!

Now I just have to open the five individual albums I received over the past few days (two from Amazon, three from Soundstage Direct) and check them for sound quality and flaws.
Back
Top Bottom