Search results

1. lordsparky

Kenwood AT-70 Timer - Hours count down when setting current time

The re-cap did not help. This is just a spare and I am able to get the time adjusted by turning the knob to PRESENT TIME when the hour gets to the correct number. The rotary switch is that green color. If I have to disassemble I will. Thanks for the tip!
  2. lordsparky

Three of the capacitors are listed as uf (easy to get). One is in MFD. Can a 25v 470MFD cylindrical (leads at bottom) polar capacitor be replaced with a 25v 470uf capacitor? I read a bunch of articles. Still confused.
  3. lordsparky

Thanks for the suggestion, Darrel. I will give it a try.
  4. lordsparky

I have two Kenwood AT-70 Timers that are experiencing the same issue. When you turn the only knob to ADJUST to set the current time, the hours start to count down one by one. When the digital display shows the correct hour, I turn the knob to PRESENT TIME. The MINUTE lever works fine for setting...
  5. lordsparky

Speakerlab Four Crossover Switches

One of my Speakerlab Four Crossover Switches broke. Does anyone know what type of switch to replace it with? I think it is SPDT, but is it On-Off-On, On-On, or On-Off-On OEM Style? Or something else?
  6. lordsparky

Kenwood Owners Show Us Your Kenwoods!

I just installed a "new" Kenwood stack in the bedroom. It was a top of the line system in 1971 and at forty-five years old, it still rocks! Kenwood Audio Timer Model AT-70 Audio Source Graphic Equalizer & Spectrum Analyzer...
  7. lordsparky

Kenwood GE-1000 Graphic Equalizer

My Kenwood GE-1000 Graphic Equalizer recently started to make an intermittent, staticky, crackling bursts of noise in the right channel. It goes away when I click the equalizer's Defeat (take the equalizer out of the loop) button, take it out of the signal at the amp monitor switch, or...
  8. lordsparky

Speakerlab S7 vs 4`s?

yaya97 was nice enough to sell me his Speakerlab 4s. And he showed me his Speakerlab Super 7s. They are very impressive, beautiful and look brand-new. He only lives 3 miles away! It is hard to find Speakerlabs in Southern CA. I refinished the 4s (wife approved) and they sound fantastic powered...
  9. lordsparky

Do the 700M and 600 integrated sound similar?

At my desk, I listen all day long to a Kenwood 600 hooked to Speakerlab 4s. In my TV room I have a 700 M/C/T hooked to Speakerlab 7s. They are both awesome, but when you turn up the bass knob on the 700 C you get strong, pure bass that does not effect the mid-range or treble. A good 500 sounds...
  10. lordsparky

What's the worst sounding HiFi setup attempt you ever heard?

I was at the Del Mar fair yesterday and this guy was selling something that he said could change anything into a speaker. He put this thing on a Styrofoam cooler and the sound was coming out of the cooler. He was dancing around aiming the cooler at the crowd. It sounded horrible, like the first...
  11. lordsparky

What speakers do you use with Kenwood Supremes?

Speakerlab 4 on the 600 and Speakerlab 7 on the 700. College tuned my ears to these frequencies.
  12. lordsparky

New Model 600 owner says hello, needs resto & curious about speaker pairings

Definitely get the 600T. A beautiful unit. My 600 has been cutting out on channels for the last few months. Wiggling the Attenuator and Monitor switches would fix it for a while. Finally got the energy to take it apart and clean the pots. Sounds great again. Should have done it earlier but you...
  13. lordsparky

Drats! My 600 dropped a channel tonight.

My Attentuator switch gets dirty giving a similar problem, opening it up and spraying Deoxit helps. Seems to happen on my other Kenwoods too....
  14. lordsparky

Kenwood 700m

Wow! I have to ask, what is all that stuff in the background? Additional, photos of that would be nice!
  15. lordsparky

Model 600 vs Kenwood receivers

600/600T combo is a worthwhile goal...
  16. lordsparky

Kenwood Bliss

Listening to 600 now, my main house unit. Something called "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn." Very groovey.
  17. lordsparky

Best record for a new Audiophile?

The Monkees (album)
  18. lordsparky

Kenwood integrated amp KA-5700 Problem And Whats Your Opinion ?

I would first open up and spray all switches with Deoxit.
  19. lordsparky

Kenwood Owners Show Us Your Kenwoods!

That is great to see the 700Ms.
  20. lordsparky

Kenwood GE-1000

I have 2 that I use daily. I like them.
  21. lordsparky

L-1000 complete set.

That is wicked cool. I have had a receiver where the LCD was not working and it was a loose connection to it. I think I had to re-solder something.
  22. lordsparky

+10 dB gain KA-9100?

Kind of a turbo switch.
  23. lordsparky

Last System of the Apocalypse!

Yeah my main system is over 300 lbs. so I see myself using that as some sort of baracade. Once I bug out, I see my self with iPod and some kind of solar charger..... But I would probably want to keep alert to defend myself so would probably trade it for ammo or water treatment tablets.
  24. lordsparky

The First Record You Ever Bought

I think it was this one: Chicago is the second album by Chicago-based rock band Chicago. It was released in 1970 after the band had shortened its name from The Chicago Transit Authority after releasing their same-titled debut album the previous year. I had saved up my hard earned allowance...
Back
Top Bottom