Search results

1. Vintage_Hi-F

80's Technics Integrated Amps

Should be good now
  2. Vintage_Hi-F

80's Technics Integrated Amps

I now have 2 of their middle 80's offering the SU-Z990 and the SU-AV700 (both seem to be internally the same 110 wpc at 8ohms and .05% thd). The AV700 looks a hell of a lot prettier than the Z990. Using the AV700 with a matching SH-8028 EQ for audio duty on my PC with a Pair of JBL P10...
  3. Vintage_Hi-F

Technics integrated amp thrift find

I snagged a SU-AV700 for $7 simply because it was missing the power cord, from what I can see it and the V76 are the same internally and visually pretty similar aside from the removal of the volume and balance knob in favor of digital stepped switches. The EQ came with a Technics Z990 that I got...
  4. Vintage_Hi-F

Vinyl only spin list

and now for something completely different...an example of pure 80's AOR cheese and excess. Don Johnson - Heartbeat While I will say this is an awesome album it's in a completely different way than Tim Curry's Fearless. This is just so...over the top. I mean Johnson has a pretty good voice and...
  5. Vintage_Hi-F

Vinyl only spin list

lets dig into my selection of "Oh Yeah They had a Music Career" Tim Curry - Fearless This is an amazing album, not only does Curry have a great voice but his band is just overflowing with talent. The tracks Paradise Garage and No Love On The Streets are easily the show stoppers for this...
  6. Vintage_Hi-F

The Hair Metal Thread.

Guns 'N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction This was a dollar thrift score of all things, great album and made even better that I got it for a dollar.
  7. Vintage_Hi-F

Today's Progressive Rock Tunes

Rush - Permanent Waves Of Salesmen........
  8. Vintage_Hi-F

Onkyo TX4500 mk2 and CD Player

Hook it up in the Aux input (any of the tape loops). And yes red is right and white is left
  9. Vintage_Hi-F

Any interest in a Chicago area club?

I'm in Round Lake and would be interested in possibly joining this.
  10. Vintage_Hi-F

Vinyl only spin list

Mannheim Steamroller - Fresh Aire V
  11. Vintage_Hi-F

Little Vinyl Cd Thread (what 45's are you spinning)

Let me get this party started with possibly the greatest song ever written by a legendary comedian and actor. and heres a cool bonus shot
  12. Vintage_Hi-F

Vinyl only spin list

Genesis - Invisible Touch
  13. Vintage_Hi-F

Music when I die.

My dad has always said he wants this played I want this
  14. Vintage_Hi-F

Today's Audiophile Album Playlist

Louis Bellson And Explosion - Note Smokeing an "Audiophile" Direct To Disc pressing being played in VGCA mode (Variable Gain Control Amplifier Technics version of Direct Mode); that even shuts off the led display to prevent even the minuscule amount of noise it could possible generate from...
  15. Vintage_Hi-F

Christmas Music, What are you playing?

God Rest Ye Merry, JazzMen - Various Time for my own Christmas tradition played on an early Christmas gift.
  16. Vintage_Hi-F

Vinyl only spin list

Gamma - Gamma 1 Ronnie Montrose's short lived prog rock experiment. Scored it for a dollar at HPB, now I just need Gamma 2 and 3
  17. Vintage_Hi-F

21st Century Playlist

The Black Keys - Thickfreakness Thought I would mix some 21st century tunes on 20th century media on my 20th/21st century hybrid setup.
  18. Vintage_Hi-F

The Hair Metal Thread.

Ace Frehley - Frehley's Comet And now for an album that some (including ace himself) would rather forget existed. This album kicks ass from the Hard Rocking opening track "Rock Soldiers" (Aces PSA against drinking and driving, involving a delorean and the devil) and his ballad to vagrants and...
  19. Vintage_Hi-F

The Hair Metal Thread.

Rough Cutt - Rough Cutt A great album from a band that really doesn't get the attention they deserve. Rough Cutt was every bit as good as the more popular bands from the strip but sadly never got the notoriety.They are a shining example of a band that played the up the Glam aesthetic to nth...
  20. Vintage_Hi-F

The Hair Metal Thread.

Gorky Park - Moscow Calling nothing like some cheese from the then just former Soviet Union. Also I'm alive just took a 4 year sabbatical.
  21. Vintage_Hi-F

Panasonic to stop making plasma displays

That is correct. They are just branded as Elite now and are LED LCD. I can see Samsung and LG announcing the end of there plasma production as well, I think they only have like 3 plasma models in production. I'm a little surprised that Panasonic was the first one to pull the plug, I was...
  22. Vintage_Hi-F

Panasonic to stop making plasma displays

They're not getting back in they sold all there designs and rights to Panasonic and sold the Elite brand to Sharp.
  23. Vintage_Hi-F

Wednesday Tunes

Ted Nugent - Spirit of The Wild (1995) :rockon:
  24. Vintage_Hi-F

Onkyo Integra A-8087 Underappreciated?

I wish the one I picked up as the Salvation army 2 years ago hadn't been toasted by the previous owner. Some people shouldn't be allowed to own nice things.
Back
Top Bottom