Search results

1. shrinkboy

Determining size of bolts

During a recent move, I misplaced some bolts that are part of one of my turntables. They were Allen head is all I can say. All I have now are the holes they went into. Is there a way to determine the size and thread pitch so I can locate replacements. This is really bugging me.
  2. shrinkboy

Phase Linear 2000 Series 2 Preamp/WOPL 400 value

what's it worth guys? both are strong; WOPL conversion done by a very reliable AK'er; cosmetically clean, no blemishes
  3. shrinkboy

Vanishing Point

I've known of this movie for 50 years, yet somehow managed to never see it...until today. somehow, it floated up to the top of mind, somehow, did a search for a stream, found it, started it, and had to sit through the whole thing. i could not believe how strongly it stayed true to its minimalist...
  4. shrinkboy

I've never posted about a scroe before

i've been here on AK for almost (gulp) 20 years and am not a prolific poster, although i check in almost daily. but a recent acquisition has me about to burst. a friend is severely downsizing in preparation for a big move. he recently sent me a note saying he had the following for sale...
  5. shrinkboy

what is that...thing?

you know, the thing you use to lift the tonearm at the end of the side when you're too lazy/forgetful to go pick it up? i just got a Rega P2 and have already left the tonearm at the end of the side overnight..
  6. shrinkboy

I watched Bone Tomahawk the other night, from beginning to end, and....

...thought it was awful, even though when i realized i was about to pull out, i couldn't, because i had to know how it turned out. the ending was, to me, an impossibly lame, utterly predictable plot escape that could have been written by an eighth grader. borrowing from old Western tropes...
  7. shrinkboy

using DSP in two channel setup

folks-- earlier this year, i moved into a new home where my primary listening area will be the living room. there is large bay at one end, where speakers are located because of floor plan and traffic flow and cannot be altered. problem: i have a huge bass boom with my rehabbed Infiniti Qb's...
  8. shrinkboy

Noe Gaspar's 'Love' on Netflix

has anyone seen this? it came out in 2015, and was premiered at Cannes. a friend told me to check it out. i did, and when the the first scene came up, which it does without any preamble of any kind, my jaw fell to my chest as i did a massive 'WAIT! what? the hell...am I seeing what I think I'm...
  9. shrinkboy

Shure M97xe body/V15 Mk II stylus

i've had the m97xe for quite some time, not used much in the last few years. today, i found a V15 mk II cart loose in a box o' odds 'n ends, and thought, hmmmm, pull that stylus outta there, stick it in m97, see what happens.... and holy krap, dynomite happened, i mean wonderful things...
  10. shrinkboy

pumping

tell me again why a woofer is pumping? i just dropped a fresh woofer in one of my faithful Indignias, and it pumps like mad...why is that again?
  11. shrinkboy

Soundbreaking

i've been watching this utterly absorbing, fascinating doc series the last couple nights on Hulu and can't say enough good about it...anybody else into this?
  12. shrinkboy

interesting development with my Econowaves

i got on the Econowave back in 2010 (holy krap, 9 years ago already?) with a pair of Altec Santana 879a units from which i sold off the woofers, discarded the tweeters, and had new baffle boards cut and twin ports expertly installed by local, occasional AK'er Paul Stewart. thanks Paul, wherever...
  13. shrinkboy

Topping D30 USB Connector

i don't recognize the USB in connection on this littleguy...anyone know?
  14. shrinkboy

strange problem with Firestick

been using a Firestick for several months now, maybe even a year. it has worked fine, but recently, i wanted to get into Netflix to watch Mad Men. i can cue up the show, hit play, and i get audio, no video. if i pause and search ahead, i get screen grabs from upcoming scenes, but when i go to...
  15. shrinkboy

so, if anybody knows....

...how to reach the recently departed Needlestein, i'd like to know. i had spoken with him about a retip of my XSV-3000/D3000 cart, and was glad to know i'd found what seemed like a reliable source. please pm me.
  16. shrinkboy

those things that cover unused RCA connections

i'm getting a slight hum in my HK A500 amp, and would like to try covering the unused RCAs. what are they called....? can't quite remember, and where to acquire? many thanks
  17. shrinkboy

Thank you, Jerry Dearbeck aka jbeckva

Jerry, you read a post i made a while back in which i lamented having been grievously ripped off by a tech i'd worked with for a long time. he'd relapsed into drug addiction and covered it pretty well, all the while he had my Phase Linear 400 amp and claimed to be doing the full White Oak Phase...
  18. shrinkboy

connections for JBL LE14a

i recently had my JBL woofs out of my Econowave Altec Santana cabs for a refoam, by our great shop, Freeman-Tuell here in Dallas. while there, i checked with them about the correct connections for this particular driver, and we did the 9v battery test to see which way the cone moved when...
  19. shrinkboy

sharing vinyl rips

i've been making vinyl to cd mixes for a long time, and when i want to share them, i just burn a disc and hand it off to my friends. but, there's just got to be some way making that transfer over the web, but i'm stumped. i've created playlists in iTunes, and have exported same to Spotify, but...
  20. shrinkboy

connections for JBL LE14a

i recently pulled these woofs out of my Econowaved Altec Santana cabs because they need new surrounds. i got to thinking about connections for these, as i have them connected red to red and black on the crossovers, but something was bouncing in the back of my head that these are actually red (+)...
  21. shrinkboy

Setting bias in HK A500

i have a quite similar question as EVGuy did several years ago, and apparently his question was not answered. i have an A500 acquired last year from an AK member on BT. he had removed the ambiance circuit and etc and done some good work on it, and provided me with instruction on setting bias...
  22. shrinkboy

Let's talk about Audacity

i just got a TASCAM SS-R100 and have been slowly working my way through instructions. i have ripped some vinyl to an SD card, and would like to split tracks, label Folders and Files, and eventually store end product on a hard drive. i also thought about skipping doing all that on the device...
  23. shrinkboy

Herbie's Way Excellent Turntable Mat

where to buy?
  24. shrinkboy

Lenco L-78 project back from the dead, and a great AK story to go with

About 10 years ago (or more, or maybe less, i'm just not sure) i stumbled across the Lenco Heaven website. I was struck by the cool work people were doing with these vintage idler tables. I stuck around there long enough to witness the introduction of the first gen PTP, or Peter's Top Plate...
  25. shrinkboy

Gifted

"I was given", not "I was gifted"
Back
Top Bottom