Search results

1. ryfox0276

Any Portland Oregon clubs?

Also in the Portland area, been a while since I've posted here but thought I'd speak up and say that I too would love to meet fellow AK'ers of the area
  2. ryfox0276

Sony DA3200ES on the fritz

Huh. That's kind of a relief. I'm gonna take it in to the local shop tomorrow. Would have today, but they close at 3 on Mondays for some reason..
  3. ryfox0276

Sony DA3200ES on the fritz

Was hooking up a pair of crummy speakers for a zone 2 on my Sony DA3200ES this morning and possibly fried her. Turned it on, worked for a few seconds then shut off. Disconnected the speakers then cycled the power. Just hear the relay switch on, off, on, off (continually) but that's it. I...
  4. ryfox0276

SL-1600 for $200?

Hmm I bought an SL-1700 for $60 with an Audio Technica AT30E. That is a great turntable, bad price.
  5. ryfox0276

Source For Good Chassis Mount RCA's

Could also just need a shot of de-oxit. Had to do this with my EQ when the left channel was getting fuzzy. Works like a charm now! Just kinda spendy for a bottle of that stuff
  6. ryfox0276

My system (not much but had to star somewhere)

Nice! What you got there?
  7. ryfox0276

Technics SL-1700 QuestioRX-397

Good news! My shure M97xE is still under warranty. I would like to eventually pick up a good MC preamp when I get the chance. From what I've read online, the AT is a pretty decent cart and would like to give it a good listen sometime. But for now, the M97xE performed admirably on my...
  8. ryfox0276

Eh, I bought it about 3 months ago, so probably no hope. I was looking into the specs on the DJ Pre, and no where can I find if it is a MM or MC preamp, all sources just seem to say its a phono preamp. Thought this was odd.. When I purchased it I had just figured it was a MM preamp.
  9. ryfox0276

Broke college student, would rather see if I can get my Shure replaced first. And Balifly, wish I had bought that one now instead of the DJ Pre II. But that was before I had the need for an MC preamp.
  10. ryfox0276

Are there alternative ways to get the gain up on the AT 30E other than the AT 630 SUT? Epay prices are through the roof.
  11. ryfox0276

It does have a 2 year warranty, and I bought it December of 2012. Problem is, I picked it up on Amazon, and I don't know if they still honor that through Amazon. Sent them an email, hope for the best!
  12. ryfox0276

Anything I can do about that Shure M97xE?
  13. ryfox0276

Got it! Also shot the other pots and trim pots under the hood. Speed adjustment is a whole lot easier now.
  14. ryfox0276

Think I might need to pick up some de-oxit. The switch seems to be seized, not moving in any direction.
  15. ryfox0276

Might be on to something, but not sure. The 33/45 switch was stuck at 33 rpm's when I bought it, never thought of it as a problem as I don't listen to 45's hardly ever. But I was messing with it same time I swapped out the cart, trying to get it to turn and now the motor doesn't turn, could...
  16. ryfox0276

Got the multimeter out an measured a few things. Something is definitely off with the left channel on the shure M97xE as I could not get a reading on it. Really bummed about that, bought it about a year ago, had probably less than 20 hours time on it too... Any ideas as to what happened here...
  17. ryfox0276

replaced the fuse, no dice :confused:
  18. ryfox0276

Thanks guys. I'll check the interconnects next. Pretty sure I hooked up the leads correctly, just wired it up to each corresponding color. And I'll check out the ohm values on the cart. The table did not come with the step up transformer, that is curious.. Problem occurred when I was...
  19. ryfox0276

Ok I'll futz with it a little. Just confused as it worked great when I first got it, then I mounted the shure and got no sound, then great sound out of the right channel after changing the headshell from the one from my SL-Q202 to the one that came with the SL-1700. Good news is I think my...
  20. ryfox0276

Another question I have, although I suppose it is up to my ears to decide, but am curious as to what ya'll think. Which do you think is a better match for this turntable - the AT30E or the M97xE?
  21. ryfox0276

Thanks for the reply! I think the stylus is OK on the cart - previous owner told me he had the table for over 10 years and never even spun more than 20 records! Certainly sounded great when I used it, just wanted to see how my shure performed as I really love the sound that thing makes. The...
  22. ryfox0276

Hello! I picked up a new tt yesterday, a Technics SL-1700. First thing, just wanna say how much I love this table. I have an SL-Q202 also, but this table just takes it to the next level. Anyway, got a few questions regarding it. Came with an Audio- Technica AT-30E cart on it, but I...
  23. ryfox0276

Looking for a Setup for my Dorm

+1- saw that deal a while ago. Been wanting to listen to them, heard great things about them. Ive seen them for cheaper from time to time as well.
  24. ryfox0276

New pawn shop find

Ooo! Very nice!
  25. ryfox0276

Looking for a Setup for my Dorm

Yamaha. Have rocked so many house parties with my puny 50wpc amp. If you are buying a new one, their RX models are great and affordable Also, if you are going the surround sound route, you might get better responses/ info from forums like avsforums as they cater to the surround sound crowd.
Back
Top Bottom