Search results

1. nukemicrosoft

Space Tech Amplifier opened up- closed CAM thread!!!!

One of my first major audio investments - which ended up being a total ripoff - was a trade with Albert at his Space-Tech Labs store in Vancouver around 2000. He took full advantage of my ignorance, taking from me about $1000 worth of vintage gear I had accumulated, and giving in return what...
  2. nukemicrosoft

McIntosh MC2300 - no bass in one channel

SOLVED! I ended up selling this amp to a fellow I know who repairs things. He found the amp to be working perfectly. So why the lack of bass in my setup? Turns out it was down to the power cable I was using. The amp came without one, so used what I had on hand: a 50 foot extension cord...
  3. nukemicrosoft

Mitsubishi LT-30: Problem with stylus height adjustment

@kotofei: Did you ever manage to resolve this issue? I’m having the exact same problem, and just posted my own thread here https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/mitsubishi-lt-30-stylus-height-adjustment-issue.1036107/ (After posting, I saw your discussion in the “Similar Threads”...
  4. nukemicrosoft

Mitsubishi LT-30 stylus height adjustment issue

Hi all, I’ve been slowly restoring an LT-30 and have managed to resolve most of the issues. My current problem is with the stylus height adjustment screw, located on the tonearm base to the left of the arm tube when viewed from the top. I adjusted the tonearm height as per the service manual...
  5. nukemicrosoft

Mitsubishi LT-30 restoration

(Edited - My LT-30 issue has been partly resolved, but other problems have cropped up, so it’s heading to a tech for a thorough going-over - I’ll update this post again when and if I have any updates!) Hello all, I’ve recently acquired a non-working LT-30 which was described as needing new...
  6. nukemicrosoft

McIntosh MC2300 - no bass in one channel

I’ve already tried checking the polarity of the speaker connections, and swapping the IC and speaker cables and the issue always follows the right channel of the power amp. The amp’s gain pots are clean and not the source of the issue AFAICT. The amp’s VU meters also show a clear disparity in...
  7. nukemicrosoft

SAE Mark 1B Preamp troubleshoot

I realize this is years too late for the OP, but I have an SAE Mark 1M preamp (pretty much the same as the 1B but with VU meters instead of an EQ) which had the exact same symptom - no sound/output whatsoever, despite cleaning all controls and the power clearly working. The solution in my case...
  8. nukemicrosoft

Intermittent 120-ish Hz buzz from receiver (long)

Hi guys, Thanks for taking the time to help me out! Sorry for the slow reply, I haven't had much time to try and work on this more until today. First, some more info on the buzzing sound: in some ways it's more intermittent now, and in some ways it's less. By that I mean, the buzzing sometimes...
  9. nukemicrosoft

Hi Tom B, Thanks for the tip, but I don't think that's the issue - I do have a smart phone but it was nowhere near the receiver when the buzzing happened, nor was it in use at the time. Just to be sure though, I did try bringing the phone close to the receiver, and it didn't make the buzzing...
  10. nukemicrosoft

So I've got a Marantz 2252 which is in original condition. I was listening to it last night for the first time in probably 6 months or so. It's in prime physical condition and it's never had so much as a light replaced, and it sounded good as it always had in the past - for the first half hour...
  11. nukemicrosoft

Selling gear: "Auditioning" vs. "Testing" (long)

Hey all, I've been selling off some gear recently, and have run into an issue that I'm hoping to get some feedback on. Background: A couple of weeks ago, I had a fellow respond to an ad for a pair of speakers I was selling. He seemed very interested, and asked me if he could come give...
  12. nukemicrosoft

Vancouver BC / Lower mainland deal alerts

Luxman stereo cabinet for free in East Van "free furniture and stuff" - posted about half an hour ago. It's sitting with some other stuff in an alley near Nanaimo and McGill, northwest of the PNE: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/fuo/5096169966.html In the second picture, the...
  13. nukemicrosoft

Free cheapie Micro Seiki in Maple Ridge - Parts? Looks like a real basic unit, but at the very least the headshell has to be worth something to someone: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pml/zip/5052446941.html "Micro turntable I have for free a dirty old Micro turntable I do not know...
  14. nukemicrosoft

Surprised no one's mentioned these yet: TANNOY G.R.F GOLD speakers - amp (Chilliwack) Mint Condition, my father purchased brand new - he's 88 years old - Dad was a music prof. Made in England -one of the best speakers money can buy These speakers are on Ebay for $20,000.00 Let's talk...
  15. nukemicrosoft

Help ID Rupert Neve pro sound (rack) device

What kneeOhFight said... they may have have found a suitable home, and I'll update as this progresses. @soundmig: I like that description! I'm curious to know your opinion (and others'), what sort of application these would be used in nowadays? If the response I've received so far is any...
  16. nukemicrosoft

Hi dshoaf, Thanks for the great tip! I just did exactly that. For reference the post is here: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/978999-help-me-give-away-these-unwanted-neve-things.html#post10709120
  17. nukemicrosoft

Kenwood 700M won't power on... (long)

Just wanted to updated you guys on my progress with this. My tech repaired the amp at a cost of $500 CDN (a bit more than $425 US at current rates). I've got the receipt detailing the work somewhere, but not close at hand, so I don't recall the specific work. I can say the output transistors...
  18. nukemicrosoft

Hey 1tumbleweed and rifftrax, Thanks very much for the input! I received these pieces as part of a large lot of mostly pro gear, some of which was pretty decent. I didn't pay much for everything, so I'm not really interested in selling them, but I did want to know if they could be...
  19. nukemicrosoft

And in case the first picture isn't showing up for some reason, here it is in thumbnail form as well:
  20. nukemicrosoft

Hi Jeffery, Thanks for the tip! I did search their site and found that none of their model numbers were anywhere near this one, so I've sent them an email - guess we'll see if that leads anywhere.... Sorry if you can't make out the pics, hopefully they're showing up the same for you as they...
  21. nukemicrosoft

Sorry if this is the wrong category for this, but with no Pro Audio category I'm at a loss - I'm not interested in the value right now so didn't want to post in D&S. Mods please move the post if it should be somewhere else! Any pro-audio gurus out there who can enlighten me as to what this...
  22. nukemicrosoft

@EchoWars: I removed the connections from one side of the soft-start resistor, and tested it with my DMM set to the smallest impedance range, which was 200 ohms. I got no reading at all (display didn't change from 1 . ), so I'm guessing that confirms that the resistor is open? Regarding...
  23. nukemicrosoft

Thank you both for your replies! @bktheking: I think I understood most of what you said; it should be mentioned that I don't mess with any large capacitors, or for that matter approach them at all if possible. I also should have said that I do/did all troubleshooting with the mains...
  24. nukemicrosoft

I should preface this thread with some quick info about my technical skills, or rather lack of them. I've learned how to use some basic functions on my DMM, but have almost no knowledge otherwise about the operation of electronic circuits. I'm handy with mechanical repairs, but am very timid...
  25. nukemicrosoft

Visiting Berlin - recommended shops/spots for LPs or used gear?

I'm visiting my sister in Berlin at the moment. She's a great tour guide when it comes to bars & clubs, but she doesn't know of any good shops for vintage or used gear, or any kind of vinyl. Any Berliners out there who have some suggestions, or anyone who's visited or lived here before and...
Back
Top Bottom