Search results

1. E

Who Uses 4 Ohm Speaker on 8 Ohm Amp?

also its not a matter of that. get an amp that can handle that. I broke a few before I learned :(
  2. E

the impedence questin isnt hard. if a manufactur doesnt reccomend it chances are you will cook the supply from running it to hot. check amp specs is your best bet :D
  3. E

what is the deal with yamaha amps having dead channels

I stay away from yami audio. I had some rx recievers. I have a pc 8 i bet most dont know what those are. I keep that one they have great tuners. I still use it for a tuner its pretty incredible that way it pulls alot of stations clear
  4. E

Audio Karma Glossary

Guilty here Im a newbie. I found this site while searching out a bryston amp initially. my name is Chris and Im an audio junkie :D
  5. E

Hey You, Add Your City Now

Toronto Canada here
  6. E

40 Years Ago This Week - Top Ten

top 10 lists are great from all eras. others i already knew of. I use them to introduce myself to "new" music. I have material from almost all those bands :D CCR greatest hits is one of my favorite cd's. I was givin a whole whack of vinyl also. almost 40 mint albums. some really great "hippy era...
  7. E

detriot fm station?

Most radio stations change format too often
  8. E

just dont surpass the warnings and you should be fine :D im into car audio stuff too I have a hi phonix that runs as low as one but it heats up fast I cant barely hold my hand on it after 5 minutes or so with 2 ohm kickers in paralell.
  9. E

Im useing a silver nad @ 2 ohms with psb stratus golds. its alot louder and clearer and doesnt heat up any more than 8. I kick the snot out of all 3 nad amps I have and they love it
  10. E

Pics of your listening space

Im mostly into solid state stuff with nice machined alloy. thats one of the best looking amps I think ive ever seen, thats beautiful and I love the simplicity of the face with the crazy wood grain and one dial so simple and the craft and the stainles top. thats a gorgeous amp
  11. E

I need a NAD model number

I checked their site. I gave up searching for it and emailed nad. Its a recent amp and I seem to be able to find every other c series amp but that one.
  12. E

Yammy C2x gets hot

I don't think its switching off as mentioned. Whats the point of stand by switches anyway? Maybe someone can enlighten. My reciever has one and it stays just as warm on "stand by as it does running and listening to the unit. It seems pointless to me, midas well just use the mute (I'm not...
  13. E

Room treatment question-

They are good at damping high frequencies opposed to gypsom or untreated ceilings. for walls it wouldnt hurt to try but I would opt for some medium density carpet or foam. In one room I filled in some big canvas paintings I got from a garage sale with sheet foam to use on behind side speaker...
  14. E

Thanks, but thats an older model. They began producing them around the same era as their bee series amps and have matching grey power buttons opposed to green. And the "PowerDrive" supply.
  15. E

Show us your garage/workshop systems

Similar to mine. I concur, Nad has some sweet sounding wallet friendly equipment. Speaking of small speakers. I got some tiny first gen. paradigm atoms to use with my older 50w x2 nad amp. BIG sound for such tiny speakers I was surprised.
  16. E

I have a C352 and I want one of theyre equal gain power amps wich is 80x2@8. I believe it was produced during the same period. I know this amp exists and have seen them, but can't recall the model #. And oddly was'nt able to find it in various net searches.
Back
Top Bottom