Search results

1. G

CHEAP tube amp Recommendation

Thanks everyone for all the criticism about my motives for wanting a cheap amp and trying to set me straight. I think it's quite entertaining that you can praise someone for their cheap junk systems in 'member systems' yet don't want me to go cheap. I'm no stranger to high-end audio, having...
  2. G

Thanks for some good recommendations. Music Angel may be a good place to start my search.
  3. G

Thanks, these look interesting, especially the bottlehead
  4. G

Looks nice. Wonder how it compares in sound to Jolida FX10? Power rating doesn't mater much. Seas are staying where they are, will be using different speakers.
  5. G

I didn't find a recommendation in your ramblings.
  6. G

Too general of an answer for me. Adjective, cheaper, cheapest: costing very little; relatively low in price; inexpensive Adverb: at a low price; at small cost That's some good advice that I'll look into.
  7. G

I amp looking for a really cheap tube amp w/ decent sound to hook up my Cambridge Audio DVD89 universal player for SACDs & CDs. Power rating is not important as I'll pick appropriate speakers, maybe even single driver speakers. An integrated amp would be nice so I can use a tt, but a power...
  8. G

My Audio Journey

I had the model 15 which were fantastic and the model 14 is reported as being better.
  9. G

Self Amplified Speakers or Sound Bar

Jody, here's a photo of my simple system w/ the Yamaha active speakers and CA sacd player so you can gauge the size.
  10. G

Yes, left channel RCA output goes to one active monitor, and right channel RCA output goes to the other monitor speaker. Did you read all the glowing reviews on the link? I'm using a Cambridge Audio SACD player directly to the Yamaha studio monitors and it sound awesome. In the past I have also...
  11. G

hi

Hope kbick is not another 'one poster' that doesn't hang around.
  12. G

My Audio Journey

Not to minimize the rest of your sweet system, but NICE ALTECS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. G

2015 new apartment new setup

Nice equipment list
  14. G

Pics of your listening space

Nice view of the street scenes from your office
  15. G

Thrift Store Find (don't get excited)

Actually a nice looking cabinet. Just don't put a glass door back on it, and remove the pioneer logo so it looks like furniture and not reminiscent of an '80s stereo.
  16. G

Two Channeling With Zeus and Leo

As a fan of Cary gear (and an owner of 3 of their products in the past when I had disposable income) I've been wondering if you ever consider the CAD120sa amp or one of Cary's other tube amps before settling on the Accphase? I haven't read all your post so I'm wondering what phono stage you use?
  17. G

Two Channeling With Zeus and Leo

I like your oak lp record crates. Did you make them?
  18. G

I have these yamaha personal active monitors and they are quite nice. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/247781-REG/Yamaha_MSP3_MSP3_Monitor_Single.html
  19. G

I was just looking for a record cabinet

WOW, what eye candy that unit is! And ear candy too!
  20. G

New to AK and current setup

Very cool and collectable Mac.
  21. G

Very nice and clean space, very nice gear, and very nice photographs.
  22. G

My Bose Cinema System (not what you'd expect)

If you plan your room you can include WAF into the design, like this guy did w/ his Urei/JBL/Hafler home theater. http://www.in2guitar.com/stereomad.html
  23. G

Receiver FM Antenna

This is one of the better ones, and is my choice for quality fm w/o a roof antenna. It can be used indoors or out. http://www.magnumdynalab.com/fmantenna-st2.htm
  24. G

advise on new cdp

There are many other modern high-quality cdps out there in silver than the ones you mentioned. Yamaha, Music Hall, Cambridge Audio, Audio Research, Consonance, Classe, to name a few. Just pick the one in your budget.
  25. G

That's a nice neat layout w/ a '60s shelving flair. I like it.
Back
Top Bottom