Search results

1. L

Any decent DVD players out there for use as a Transport?

Hi Guys, My venerable Denon 2910 seems to be dying and I was wondering if anyone was making a decent DVD player that could be used as a CD Transport besides an Oppo? Don't watch many DVD's but it's nice to have a combo unit none the less. I heard one of the issues might be the lack of a...
  2. L

Blu-Ray Player as CD Transport?

Cool...must have had too much coffee.
  3. L

Sorry Lord that you interpreted my comment as some kind of attack on your opinion of a Denon CDP that's dame near 30 years old, I mean, who the 'F' cares one way or the other, .... just a comment dude and that's why I asked the question, as I have no F'in frame of reference on Blu-Rays, so I...
  4. L

Thanks Capt'n, I'll search that one out.....Lord/Flies, interesting you haven't had good luck with the Denon's as I used a DCD 1560 for the better part of 25 years with no issues and they still sell for 25% of their original cost, but for a CD player it's a pretty hefty machine, weighing in at...
  5. L

Hi Splatter, what was the Blu-Ray player you were using for CD playing? Thanks

Hi Splatter, what was the Blu-Ray player you were using for CD playing? Thanks
  6. L

My venerable Denon 3910 is getting a bit long in the tooth and I was wondering if there are any reasonably priced (ie, less than $500) Blu-Ray players that would work well as a CD Transport. I'm using a DAC so that part of the equation is taken out.... Thanks, Lwood
  7. L

Yamaha T2 need an alignment?

FWIW, I had a T-2 aligned a few years ago and the tech (who is very trustworthy and excellent) told me that was a waste of time, it was spot on. But I didn't have anything replaced.
  8. L

Phillips 1851 Tuner

Yep, you found out it's a 'big empty box'...but that's ok, me thinks the lack of complexity actually helps this tuna sound really nice, or at least that was my experience with the 185 from a number of years ago. And it's my first viewing of the 1851 Black version. I believe they just used...
  9. L

JVC does not get much respect

Have had a great experience with a JVC FX-1100BK tuner circa 1987...without the manual it's a bit tough to figure out the buttons, but it's a good sounder, I'd compare to the Yamaha T-85...FM Tuner info.com has a good write-up on it. At my current location with no outdoor antenna it does the...
  10. L

Any experience with a Sony ST-5100?

Hindsight being 20/20 I was probably a bit over enthusiastic about it's sonic signature...it's better than many, probably a result of it's simplistic approach....as it was one of the early tuners I listened too when getting back into the tuner hobby. Someone was selling one on Audiogon a few...
  11. L

Happened on a post that you like the Yamaha pf1000, any interest in the pf800 model? I've...

Happened on a post that you like the Yamaha pf1000, any interest in the pf800 model? I've recently upgraded, it's in great shape with an Ortofon Blue cartridge with minimal hours. Thanks, Lwood
  12. L

Nitty Gritty 2.0 or G.E.M. Dandy Hydraulic LP Cleaning Apparatus ?

Just happened onto this from another Forum...and Warren is right, the Gem Dandy does the best job, period, of cleaning records. Can a brush and light vacuum REALLY remove all of the dirt on a really dirty or moldy record, not a chance. Can H2O with a PSI of 1000 clean the grooves COMPLETELY...
  13. L

Aftermarket Tonearm on a Luxman PD277?

I run a DL-160 on mine, just breaking in, sounds marvelous. I had an issue with my older one, son broke off the anti-skate pin, otherwise I'd be happy to help out....he unfortunately threw it out in his madness.
  14. L

CDP skipping....probably causes?

Thanks....and 'causes what' is what may be breaking down to cause the 'skipping'.
  15. L

Static Electricity Build Up On Vinyl

Try a Ionoclast Ion Generator, they're much cheaper than a Zero Stat and work just as good
  16. L

CDP skipping....probably causes?

The very old in the tooth CDP is starting to skip when someone is walking across the room near it, just like a non-isolated TTable would....likely causes? I'd like to repair as it's a great transport--Denon 1560, and not bad as a CDP either weighing in at about 23 pounds. Thanks in advance...
  17. L

Table just died....opinions immediate available options

Happy Olympics...you're winter makes me jealous!
  18. L

Auto return motor died, short in tone arm wiring, and to boot, my son who fancies himself a fix-it sort dropped the platter on the anti-skate mechanism breaking it....so I think at this point the 'repair' aspect has come and gone versus replacement.
  19. L

Analysis Paralysis, which one to keep???

If none of the three have been aligned you're 'spitting in the wind', who knows which one sounds better as they're not working to their potential, and that includes the sonic attributes....I'd mod the Kenwood 7300, as I don't think it's that far off from the 7500...and have the Sherwood taken...
  20. L

My work-horse Luxman PD 277 just died and am looking at a few immediate options that I would appreciate an opinion on if one is available. Cartridge - Denon DL 160 Phono pre - Graham Slee SE 2 Tube amp w/KT 66's --Another Luxman PD277, $200 shipped (seems high) --MMF-5, $300 shipped (no...
  21. L

Denon dl-160

After much research I just bought one....and my Table DIED!!!! Aargh!
  22. L

Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

Nice thread....Listening to WDCB in Chicago area, on a highly modified Mitsubishi DA-F20, love the look of this tuner and John C from the TIC forum took this one to a new level...started with a TU-X1, then a modded TU-919 took it's spot and now the Mitsu. DCB (90.9, Glen Elyn, IL) has a...
  23. L

modding an Adcom GDA-600 DAC?

Mods done yet? There's one for sale on A'gon that has had Stan Warren mods performed,but at $235 it's a bit pricey for a 16 year old DAC, even with his mods. I've had a couple of pieces that he's done and he's no slouch, that's for sure...I'll be interested to hear what you hear. L'wood
  24. L

Sansui AU-919 on Cleveland CL

The TU-719 is a very nice tuner that has a less 'romantic' sonic character than the 717, but none the less finds its way into my 2nd system on a regular basis....'crystal lock' has never bothered me, fwiw.
  25. L

TU-717 I like this tuner -Thoughts Please?!

The TU-717 is NOT a rare tuner, and $200 right now is a bit pricey, if you wait a bit another will show up around the corner....great tuner that can be modded to be a real great tuner, but won't eclipse the 919, even modded. Concerning a member's comment on the Sony 730ES, they can be a...
Back
Top Bottom