Search results

1. Rockon1

New Vinyl...

Im sure this has been beaten to death but I guess my search skills are poor. Point me in the right direction if so...My brand new Satch album Shockwave Supernova has a lot of pops and clicks. Compared to my old copy of JT's greatest hits which is almost dead silent between tracks its really...
  2. Rockon1

Dark theme?

Just wondering if the forum has a dark theme? TIA Bob
  3. Rockon1

Now I need NOS tubes...

Just got my $80 bluetooth preamp- ordered Friday night and delivered by the USPS at 9 am today on Sunday! Damn thing works great. Now I can switch between my computer scarlett/monitors set up or my HiFi set up or run my phone thru my HiFi set up- BT or wired. Need some NOS tubes for it now, lol...
  4. Rockon1

Inexpensive way connect phone to power amp? (bluetooth would be nice)

I tried plugging in the phone to the amp and it works but the signal isnt strong enough to get rock and roll loud. Easy listening, sure... Its a QSC RMX1450 sound reenforcement amp. Be nice If I could inexpensively go bluetooth while boosting the signal but a cheap way to boost the signal and...
  5. Rockon1

Powering up unused SS amps periodically?

So I have a few SS amps that don't see much use. Will just plugging them in and turning them on every few weeks (no load, no input) keep the caps in better shape? Ive googled it and come up with lots of other stuff but not an answer to this simple question. TIA Bob
  6. Rockon1

This will stop it from shifting....

Dodge Sprinter with water intrusion in the TCM. No moisture/weatherproofing at all on the connecters or tcm itself. Guess they figure since its under the drivers seat it doesnt need any. :rolleyes: Bob
  7. Rockon1

Dark Side of the Moon CD -too bright?

Recently played my CD copy of DSOTM and it sounded bright- bright enough that I adjusted my EQ down at 4000 and 8000- something I never do. (Played thru my Denon CDR-W 1500.) Ive been listening solely to vinyl for the last few months so I'm not sure if that's got anything to do with it. Tried to...
  8. Rockon1

Printed out one of the most popping dawn /sunrises Ive witnessed...

The clouds were advancing from the opposite direction towards the rising sun at just the right time. It kind of lacks a subject or something though, I think , as the sun hadnt risen yet. Dunno, does it stand on its own? Thoughts? Bob
  9. Rockon1

C'mon already!...

Just looked out the window this morning... Seems like a late winter this year. All the snow we"ve had was in March....now April...well it wont last...Bob
  10. Rockon1

Sort of like the cover of the Rolling Stone?!?

Doing some research on my obscure Netronics 450D kit TT and ran across a cover story for it in Popular Electronics! Titled " Build the worlds first direct drive turntable" Tickled me enough to start another thread though Im not sure if its that nifty to others, lol! Printed out a glossy of the...
  11. Rockon1

Motor torque or tired question...

My direct drive Netronics 450D has a Matsushita motor circa mid 70's (i think). The Hitachi platter isnt heavy at 3.3 lbs. It takes about 10 seconds for it to get to speed. Once there its fine, stable. Tired or just the way it is? ( I lubed it with a small amount of light weight non detergent...
  12. Rockon1

Sgt Pepper parlophone pressing...

I picked this up new a couple years ago? Maybe less than that. Didnt realise it was the parlophone label so that was kind of neat. Heavy 180g?....First couple if plays it didnt sound so hot but now it seems pretty good. I dont know much about the cooy-there seems to be many different versions...
  13. Rockon1

BBE Maximizer....Have I crossed the line?

Just remembered I have a BBE Sonic Maximizer from my guitar rack days. Well I decided to hook it up in my Carver C-1"s external processor loop. So far Im digging it! "Process" at about 11 oclock "Lo" at 1 oclock for lower listening volumes. Bass is fuller without being boomy. The mids and highs...
  14. Rockon1

Lenspen...

Bought this to dust off my dslr lens. Never use it but tried it on my vinyl and was pleasantly surprised! After a washing with the usual homebrew and distilled water rinse I was left underwhelmed. Lots of pops, clicks. After using this very fine brush thats adjustable in length (stiffness) and...
  15. Rockon1

Magic Eraser...

...really works! It wasn't super dirty but Ive never seen the stylus on my ADC so clean! I really didn't think a few dabs into the ME would do much. Im sold! Bob
  16. Rockon1

Subs with floorspeakers that have 15" woofers?

My BIC Eviction 3 ways have as the title implies 15" woofers. The bottom is pretty full. Toying with the idea of picking up some Dayton 15" subs to add to them. Im not sure if its the kid in me saying ,yeah -do it! it will be awesome! or the fact I like deep lows, to feel it and it may help. My...
  17. Rockon1

Direct / Reflecting set up...

My listening room is anything but optimal. Anyways Ive been toying around with my Classic 50/50 tube amp and hooked it up to my Mission bookself speakers. The BIC floors are powered by my Carver M1.0t. The C-1 pre has two pre amp outs so hook up was simple enough TT> Carver C-1 to both amps. At...
  18. Rockon1

There goes the power...

Well just used the snow blower, cleared the driveway and came back inside to settle in. X files on at 8....pop! Heard the transformer go somewhere outside and there goes the power...hope it comes on soon. Better save my phone battery...
  19. Rockon1

"New Mullard" TechTube E813CC (12AX7) ...

Unfortunately the revitalization of the Mullard Plant in Blackburn England a few years back ( probably over 8 years ago now! ) failed. Looking thru my stash and I came upon the 3 I received for "beta testing". Totally redesigned 12AX7's I was among a few who got samples to try out. They had...
  20. Rockon1

New wires? - Mayware Formula lV tonearm

OK so going over my set up, I noticed (stumbled upon) the fact my arm had "built in anti skate" - in other words even with no bias weight attached , if I set it to float, it would swing back to the arm rest by itself. Sarcasm alert - there's no built in anti-skate. Check the level, adjusted...
  21. Rockon1

Klipsch R-15M vs old Mission 731...

Well for fun I decided to A/B this speakers on a rainy day in CT. Well it was no contest. The missions by a mile. I was surprised actually by the amount of difference. I knew the Klipsch were top heavy but the bottom end couldn't keep pace either. The Mission were balanced sounding ,smooth and...
  22. Rockon1

And the original manual too...

Got this mint looking Sherwood from my wifes aunt. She kept every manual for everything she ever bought. Thought it was kind of neat. Bob
  23. Rockon1

Well it is a tube amp...

Figured I'd fire up my Classic 50/50 EL84 based power amp (8 EL84's, 1 12AT7's and 2 12AX7's ) I use to use in my guitar rack set up. Made in the USA too! ...Back in the 90's when I got it racks were in. Not so much these days. Even when I trimmed down to 4 rack set up it was a pain to lug...
  24. Rockon1

Crossover help...

This crossover is in my BIC 3 way speakers. 15" woofer, 5" mid and horn loaded tweeter. Trying to determine what the crossover points are and other pertinent info in order to (possibly) choose a replacement woofer without messing with the crossover(if possible). Ive been searching but just gave...
  25. Rockon1

Name That Song Game!

Name the song from a lyric! I'll go first. One of my favorite songs... Bob "Didn't wanna get me no trade. Never want to be like papa, Working for the boss ev'ry night and day."
Back
Top Bottom