Search results

1. Andy_H

C.R.A.C. event

Hey guys! Long time no see. Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, but I plan to be there tomorrow. I look forward to it!
  2. Andy_H

Happy Birthday to Redboy !

And you know it would be an awesome one! Cheers, Nate! :beerchug:
  3. Andy_H

Phono Cartridge Headshell Storage / Display Solution Needed

I like the baseball display. This thread has a good plan too.
  4. Andy_H

My new Sound Room

Nice gear, beautiful room and the bar is open! What more could you ask for? :thmbsp:
  5. Andy_H

Let's see your (coffee) mug!

Saturday morning still life. Mug from my alma mater.
  6. Andy_H

Considering a coffee pot upgrade ...

Eh, it's just what happens when one posts a thread asking for product recommendations on something. If one doesn't list the criteria of what one's looking for, people will say they can't recommend anything without specific details. If one does post detailed criteria, people will mainly recommend...
  7. Andy_H

Don't Drink and Craigslist....Wow!

I see what you did there. :D
  8. Andy_H

"Shigaclone" CD transport

This might be a clue.
  9. Andy_H

1MOR's F5 build

Another (cheap and versatile) option is to buy a sheet of mica, easily found on the 'bay as an accessory for stoves and heaters. It's easy to cut with an Xacto knife into whatever configuration you may need. This is what I used for my F5 because Digi-key was out of stock on the insulators I...
  10. Andy_H

Let's see your (coffee) mug!

Drinking a morning cup from my favorite mug, inherited from my grandfather, Bill H.
  11. Andy_H

Thanks for the suggestions, Clay. Looks like there are a couple Cuisinart models that could work. That Kitchen Aid looks like a real nice deal (I think they have that at Target but it costs about twice as much) but I'd have to see if any of my friends or family have a Costco membership (I...
  12. Andy_H

I understand what you're getting at, and I already know I can make a much better cup via French press than drip brew, but what I'm looking for here is not the best coffee I can make. That's a luxury I simply cannot afford five days a week. I am not a morning person, and when I crawl out of my...
  13. Andy_H

Some interesting products here, although none of them fit the bill for me right now. To put it in audio terms, I'm not on the market for the Krell of coffee makers, more like a NAD. ;) If anybody has any suggestions for a drip brew machine with a timer, in the ~$100 or less range, I'd like to...
  14. Andy_H

Favorite Bourbon

I'm trying to get acquainted with some different bourbons of late. I realized a few years ago that bourbon on the rocks is my liquor of choice, but never ventured from the basic Jim Beam, Maker's Mark or Wild Turkey 101 until more recently. Wild Turkey is usually my go-to but I've also been...
  15. Andy_H

Coffee connoisseurs, I'm contemplating a change in my primary brewing apparatus. Truth be told, I'm hardly a connoisseur, but not only do I require that morning pot of coffee to function, I also really do enjoy the taste of a decent cup. I have a couple French presses that I bring out...
  16. Andy_H

Post a picture of your turntable

Wow, just wow. :drool: That is stunningly beautiful. And while I'm posting, here's my current main spinner: Technics SL-1200 Mk2 w/ Audioquest PT9 arm and Denon DL-160.
  17. Andy_H

Happy Birthday dr*audio !

Cheers, Doc! :beerchug:
  18. Andy_H

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

Thanks Mark! I'm certainly glad I decided to buy it. As set up right now, it's the best turntable I've owned. I plan to do further hot-rodding as my budget allows.
  19. Andy_H

1MOR's F5 build

No worries ... the 24V wall wart is the first and only PS I've used with the B1. I think I have an old laptop power pack that is ~19V around here somewhere, but I've never felt any real compulsion to try anything different.
  20. Andy_H

1MOR's F5 build

The power supply for my B1 is just a wall wart, 24V, 250 mA. Are you thinking of westend's B1? His had an external regulated supply.
  21. Andy_H

Your Speaker Bucket List

My personal list is just a condensed version of yours. I'd like to own just about any on your list, but these in particular are my holy grails.
  22. Andy_H

My Boston A400 rebuild

Post 24.
  23. Andy_H

Show us your cartridges and/or tonearms!

Man, that Fidelity Research arm is sexy.
  24. Andy_H

Show us your cartridges and/or tonearms!

Denon DL-160 on Audioquest PT9.
  25. Andy_H

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

Here's my latest Technics: SL1200 Mk2 w/ Audioquest PT9 arm, currently sporting a Denon DL-160.
Back
Top Bottom