Search results

1. uriah Heep

What's your best speaker "score"?

ADS L1230 - $65 Garage Sale Ohm Walsh 2 $35 Same Garage Sale Altec Santiago $100 Craig's List
  2. uriah Heep

Best 50$ bucks ever spend in Audio

pair of ADS 1230 with original boxes at a garage sale for $45.
  3. uriah Heep

Goodwill find/someone get this

About 15 years ago I bought an Akai GX - F90 Cassette deck (20+ pounds) at a Goodwill in LA while on a business trip. I also bought a $5 hard side suitcase and brought it back to WI as checked luggage. Back then luggage was free, so $15 for the deck and $5 for suitcase for a TOL 3 head deck I...
  4. uriah Heep

Potentail scores you JUST missed

I was the second caller on a Craig's list HH Scott 299C integrated tube amp listed at $20.
  5. uriah Heep

Songs that REQUIRE full volume.

Had to boost this back to the top of the list. One of my first and favorite albums
  6. uriah Heep

Realistic sta-64 balance issue

Thanks for the ideas. Quatravox switch has no effect. Speakers are connected to "a" terminals., switching to "b" had no effect. Speakers are + to +.
  7. uriah Heep

Realistic sta-64 balance issue

I picked up this little receiver last week and just got around to testing and cleaning the pots. It works normal except the volume (for a given volume knob position) is low when the balance knob is centered. When the balance is turned in either direction the volume in that speaker increases as...
  8. uriah Heep

The Sound Of Silence, Arnie Kim Band

Disturbed for me too.
  9. uriah Heep

How did anyone afford gear in 70's-80's??

The sansui 771 still sounds good. My son took it to college about 10 years ago. The turntables are long gone but the speakers still rock with the woofers refoamed.
  10. uriah Heep

How did anyone afford gear in 70's-80's??

In 1975 I sent a money order for $759 to a west coast audio supplier for a Sansui 771, Bic 940 and a pair of Altec Model 7's. My brother paid about the same for a Pioneer 737, a BIC 960 and a pair of JBL 36's. A week later a truck rolled into our driveway in WI. The money came working on the...
  11. uriah Heep

Receiver Collectors: Raise Your Hands!!!

Sansui 771 (2) Sansui 6060 Pioneer sx3900 Pioneer sx7000 Pioneer sx550 Pioneer sx450 Pioneer sx440 Onkyo TX5000 Lafatette LR3500 Marantz 2220db kenwood kr3200 Standard Radio Corp SR-A205SU
  12. uriah Heep

My favorite all time songs.

Aqualung Jethro Tull Smoke on the water Deep Purple Easy Living Uriah Heep Songs of my youth, my parents couldn't stand.
  13. uriah Heep

Your Best $100 System

Lots of equipment at garage sale. Here's on of my systems: NAD 3300 monitor integrated $20 HK t65 Turntable $20 Ohm Walsh 2's $35
  14. uriah Heep

Are Onkyo or Yamaha cassette decks decent?

The three head Onkyo decks are good deck. I have a couple 2056's.
  15. uriah Heep

Pioneer sx 780.

Definitely not a steal. That would be the high end of the range, too much for a receiver that hadn't been serviced.
  16. uriah Heep

If you could bring one musician back, who would it be?

John Lennon. Tragic way to go.
  17. uriah Heep

What is your all-time favourite vinyl "scroe"?

Clean copy of BB Pet Sounds for a dollar at a garage sale
  18. uriah Heep

Twenty rock albums that have mattered to me for a long time

Child of the 70's Patti Smith - Horses Uriah Heep - Live Uriah Heep - Wonder World Deep Purple - Made in Japan Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloddy Sabbath Judas Priest - Stained Glass Rainbow - Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow BTO - Not Fragile The Who – Who’s Next Yes – Fragile Lou Reed - Walk on the...
  19. uriah Heep

What LP have you had the longest???

Uriah Heep Live and Made in Japan DP were my first two albums
  20. uriah Heep

What is your biggest collection of one artist?

What else could it be? 13 titles and about 30 with duplicates.
  21. uriah Heep

Best Value-For-Money in the Turntable World

Harmon Kardon T65. Poor man's Thorens. price has gone up since I found mine, but still a solid performer.
  22. uriah Heep

Pioneer SX 3900

I have an SX 3900 and the pl 600 TT. They are worth restoring.
  23. uriah Heep

Pioneer SX 3900

The lot listed is worth t least 5X the asking price.
  24. uriah Heep

What made you like/want vintage gear?

I bought my first system in 1975 and the receiver still works. I can now buy the equipment I couldn't afford then for a fraction of the new cost. I also love the looks and build quality.
  25. uriah Heep

Best speaker score under $100

ADS 1230 $65 Ohm Walsh 2 $35 (these were at same yard sale) Celestion Ditton 44 $50 Altec Santiago $100 All in excellent condition from Garage sales, 1230's came wth original boxes.
Back
Top Bottom