Search results

1. T

AD797 Phono Stage Build and Help Desk Thread

Thanks Wyn, I was measuring with the opamps in place. Removed them, and I was able to measure and adjust both the impedance and gain trimmers in both channels as set forth in one of the introductory posts. Once I have power to the circuit I'll try to trim the gain as you have suggested...
  2. T

AD797 Phono Stage Build and Help Desk Thread

I just finished the assembly on my board, and when I tried to adjust impedance and gain I ran into some odd results. The right channel adjusted just fine to my targets, but the left channel gain trimmer resistor would not adjust to any value higher than approximately 580 ohms. In addition the...
  3. T

Zilch's AK Design Collaborative - Econowave Speaker

I don't know how appropriate this is, but given the extremely low traffic on the classifieds portion of this forum, I'd like to direct your attention there if you are interested in pairs of B&C DE250 drivers, QSC waveguides, JBL 123a woofers, and PE trap cab kits. The ad is in the "Speakers -...
  4. T

Econowave DSP Aussie built

So you're done with this?
  5. T

Econowave DSP Aussie built

Gainphile - Looking forward to this, since I have spare amplifier channels available. By "waveguide hump correction" do you mean "CD compensation"? This might be something that Zilch might ultimately be interested in as an experimenter, what with the cost of inductors and capacitors these...
  6. T

Looking good, Markus. I'll give your crossover a try. Thanks - Pat
  7. T

Thanks guys, sounds like I can stay with the 123A, which sure looks purdy in Zilch's linked post. Looking forward to it. - Pat
  8. T

Love the look, and brings my old L88+ to mind. Has anyone come up with a 123A-QSC-DE250 configuration yet? I've got the fixin's and the trap cabs, and I'd prefer a sealed-box 123A to spending the dough on another pair of woofs. TIA - Pat
  9. T

That's great news. That will be my build, with the QSC and the DE250, and I'm appreciative that someone is doing the heavy lifting on the optimization. I'll be paying attention, and I'll be sure to post when mine are completed. Thanks - Pat
  10. T

I looked the other day, and I believe the Apollo upgrade for the 12" speaker is "only" $100 from AE. Beautiful drivers, almost make we wish I hadn't jumped the gun on some 123-A-1s.
  11. T

Pioneer HPM-100: Best speaker ever made?

What other threads have you read? ;-)
  12. T

Do you have particular suggestions, or is it just the notion that they have some sale prices? I'm getting the itch, although from speaking with Dave at JBL Parts, it may be a while until the waveguides are in. - Pat
Back
Top Bottom