Search results

1. Sonofswede13

Craigslist: Portland, OR

DQ10s for $200 with a Yamaha AVR. No affil Check out this item on OfferUp. https://offerup.co/8FZG5EgcPbb
  2. Sonofswede13

Need platter for JVC QL-7. Will this work?

Ugh. Yeah. I guess I better just settle in and wait for the correct part to come along.
  3. Sonofswede13

Hmm..not sure. I scored the table, but it came without a platter. I thought you were suggesting I weigh the platter I currently have? But, I have no platter to weigh. Apologies if I misunderstood. In any case, it appears I need to find PN E22193. barring that, besides the weight...
  4. Sonofswede13

Oh sorry, I wasn’t super clear. I don’t have one at all. The pic I have is from an eBay listing. I believe the weight I need is 1.7kg though. I found a list of specs somewhere...assuming it’s accurate. The diameter will be obvious, but do heights vary on platters as well? I would...
  5. Sonofswede13

So, I was thinking about that. Don’t have one to weigh, but could ask questions when buying. But, to get a platter that would be an appropriate substitute, I’d need the same weight, diameter and height correct?
  6. Sonofswede13

Totally! I sussed that out in my reply to myself! What I can’t find anywhere is the part number for the QL-7. There doesn’t seem to be a service manual anywhere for it. Anybody have a QL-7 they’d be willing to look at for me?
  7. Sonofswede13

Oh dang. The manual I was looking at was for the a2 as well, so that doesn’t help! this is from the QL-A7. There is no service manual for the 7 that I can find. Does anyone know the part number for the platter on the 7? Or if they used the same platter in the A7 or other models...
  8. Sonofswede13

Hey all, I scored really nice looking QL-7 for basically nothing but missing the platter. Would anyone be willing-able to check the platter on theirs or impart some knowledge that tells me wether this one would work? It’s from a QL-A2. I’ve included a screenshot from the service manual...
  9. Sonofswede13

SuperOne or Kef Q10 (will 2db and 2ohms give me more volume)

Awesome! Thanks for the information. I won’t bother messing with the Kefs then. I’m sure they sound good, but I like the NHTs and don’t need to rock the boat if the volume difference won’t amount to much. And thanks for the suggestion on the high pass. That sounds like the way to go...
  10. Sonofswede13

Mystery Bookshelf Speakers

Where are you located? They look a bit like TC Audio. Short lived, high end-ish company from Oregon.
  11. Sonofswede13

SuperOne or Kef Q10 (will 2db and 2ohms give me more volume)

Hey all, I’m putting together a nice looking and sounding bookshelf system for our LR. It’s built around a Peachtree iDecco. Great sounding amp and dac, but pretty low power. 40 watts into 6ohm. I’m currently using NHT SuperOnes. They are 86db and 8ohm. I can get to the level I want...
  12. Sonofswede13

canon speakers

Wow! I just picked up a pair of Cannon Translinear Systems 1230s for basically nothing. The foams seemed fine with a cursory look, but I’d better check more closely. That said, I fired them up and was kind of shocked at how good they sounded! Yes, the piezo is rough. Especially when...
  13. Sonofswede13

SLQ2 or Optonica RP-3636 and Denon DL-103

Welp, 2 things. First, I am seriously loving the DL-110 on the Optonica. I haven’t been this excited about vinyl in about 5 years. So, I’m super stoked and much appreciate the advice and opinions. 2nd...now I have an SL-1200mkii. Oops. I’m hoping the Optonica will be in the same...
  14. Sonofswede13

Sony SS-TL1 near me

Lol. No, I don’t think he knew. Maybe he will now!
  15. Sonofswede13

Sony SS-TL1 near me

:eek: Asked for a pic with the grills off because they were super cheap. Guess I’ll pass. Or maybe this guy is some kind of crazy genius.
  16. Sonofswede13

Mismatched KLH 5s-would you buy these?

This is everything I wanted to hear! Unfortunately, they countered my offer way too high AND I realized there was a non-functioning tweeter. Could be crossover of course. I might try again, but I doubt they’ll come down to where I’m at. Thanks all!
  17. Sonofswede13

Mismatched KLH 5s-would you buy these?

I mean, if the price was right and you were looking for KLH 5s of course! These are near me, and I’m thinking about making an offer. Any KLH experts want to weigh in on how different (or hopefully alike) these are likely to sound? If they are sounding different would a recap and...
  18. Sonofswede13

Yeah, I’m the kind of guy a stylus guard was built for. I’ll be leaving it on.
  19. Sonofswede13

Definitely! It’s an embarrassment of riches. I DO enjoy the chase, but I think I’ve found some things to settle down with for awhile. Except I’d like to find some KLH Model Fives... yep, I’m loving this Optonica. I’m curious, have you ever cleaned the plinth with anything other than a...
  20. Sonofswede13

Awesome, thanks a ton for the info. I’ve been using the Optonica the last few days and am loving it. I’ve always avoided manuals but there is something really satisfying about dropping the needle on this table. I can’t really comment on sound as I’m still sorting out the system. But I...
  21. Sonofswede13

Sorry if that was confusing. No, I meant I get barely enough volume at line level with a line source. I said that mainly because in my experience with most TTs I’ve had (I’ve had many, but I was only ever really happy with one) the phono is always lower overall volume than the line. The...
  22. Sonofswede13

Yep, I’m aware of that. The Sony cart on the Denon DP-62L (that I never should have sold) was HOMC. And I have MM/MC option on my pre as well. So, no. I know how MM/MC/HOMC work and I have the correct equipment or I would not have been asking about the DL-103. As stated earlier, I WAS...
  23. Sonofswede13

Interesting. Was that a new price? I only checked Amazon, Music Direct, LP Gear and a few other places and it was 299-349. I didn’t check eBay. Unfamiliar with 2juki HK. That’s a seller I guess? In addition though, I think I’ll want more output than the 110. My power is pretty modest and...
  24. Sonofswede13

Thank you for the great info. Busted. I am in fact a noob when it comes to matching a cart to a tone arm. Good thing I solicited opinions from people who know more that I do. Most of my TT experience was with a great TT, all set up and matched well. Regrettably I sold that one and...
  25. Sonofswede13

Thanks for the reply Mr R. I haven’t used the same cart with them yet. I don’t have anything mounted on a head shell that will switch back and forth easily. I will, but I’m kind of fumbly so have been procrastinating. But, when something else sells here, I think I’ll spring for the Denon...
Back
Top Bottom