Search results

1. OldJBL

What tv show are you currently binging?

My wife and I are re-watching The Travelers. It is a really good sci-fi series.
  2. OldJBL

NAD 7155 vs Kenwood 7400

Pick up this switch to pair two amps with up to four pairs of speakers in any combination. Then you won't have to have only one amp hooked up. I bought one and really like the functionality it has brought to my 2.0 system. It has great build quality and it makes switching between amps and...
  3. OldJBL

Old Kenwood vs modern amp

What I find very useful with an amp like the ZA3 is something like the SMSL C100 DAC. It lets me connect a Denon DVD 2910 via coax, a Windows 11 PC via USB and my 4k TV via optical. It has a remote that allows switching between the three connections and allows volume control. With the C100, I...
  4. OldJBL

Old Kenwood vs modern amp

Sorry, but I deleted my post due to thinking it wasn't applicable to your situation. I will say that these recent class D amps, like the ZA3, have taken out a lot of the "hell" and added a lot more "heaven."
  5. OldJBL

Fosi V3 Not Loud

Fosi now has, or will have soon, a 48v-10A brick. This doubles the wattage of their current 48v-5A brick. I think future versions will make more power. Especially when TI comes out with a new and more powerful chip. I haven't seen any information on what the ZA3 will output with the 10A brick.
  6. OldJBL

Fosi V3 Not Loud

My point is the V3 Mono is a substantial improvement over the ZA3 and V3. I have a ZA3 and it is quite impressive for its price point and even well above its price point. I chose to keep it in my 2.0 system over my previous two favorites, NAD 7100/7400, based on sound quality. Both NADs are...
  7. OldJBL

Fosi V3 Not Loud

He also rated the Fosi V3 Mono much higher than the V3 and ZA3 (scored 88 each) at a score of 100. It is solidly in the "Excellent" category and is punching way above its price point, IMO.
  8. OldJBL

Fosi Audio ZA3 - Initial Review

I am sure the Sparkos sound better to some extent. I think I will hang with what I have for now. One thing we can count on is the competition between these budget mini class D amp companies is just heating up. In 2-3 years I think we will see small class D amps with incredible features and...
  9. OldJBL

A pair of Muses02 sells for £24.87 on Profusion's website who is listed as an on-line distributor on the manufacturer's website. Profusion's price for a pair converts to $62USD which isn't far off from Fosi's price of $52USD for a pair. Fosi likely buys their op amps in bulk. It looks like the...
  10. OldJBL

I tried the $20 op amps Fosi offers and they were barely better than the ones it came with. These Muse02s are worth every bit, and then some, of the $50 I paid for them. Plus, Fosi had these in my hands, from China to the US East coast, in five days. I have been very impressed with the...
  11. OldJBL

I installed a pair of Muses02 op amps I bought from Fosi's website into the ZA3 and have been running them for a couple of weeks. They are an appreciable upgrade from the stock op amps that came with the it. Everything seems more balanced across the frequency range. The bass and midrange is...
  12. OldJBL

Did you travel to see the total solar eclipse on April 8, 2024?

I felt the same. The difference between the last sliver of the Sun showing and totality resulted in a huge difference in the darkness level. I saw this as an indicator of just how powerful the Sun is in regard to light output. For lack of a better word, I would say totality was a magical...
  13. OldJBL

As we drove from Northern Virginia we didn't have a lot of hope regarding the weather. As we got closer to Ashtabula the weather got better and better and it became apparent we were going to have very good viewing conditions. We were the only people in a small parking lot a few blocks from...
  14. OldJBL

My brother forced me to purchase a smartphone.

I suggest doing this at stoplights. ;)
  15. OldJBL

True, but this can be said about a lot of things created by mankind.
  16. OldJBL

I like to be able to listen to YouTube and other video content while driving. A smartphone makes this possible. There is so much information available to be accessed through a smartphone and this just makes them a valuable tool all around. I am old enough to remember the days when paper maps...
  17. OldJBL

NAD Equipment - Strong Opinions Needed!

A few buttons might not be labelled exactly as the NAD remote but you'll figure what buttons do what fairly easily.
  18. OldJBL

It will get even better.:rockon:
  19. OldJBL

Just remember that it takes 2-3 days to fully burn in and reach its best sound quality. Don't judge by its initial sound quality. Also, installing a couple of good op amps makes for varying degrees of improvement in sound quality but the stock ones aren't bad at all.
  20. OldJBL

NAD Equipment - Strong Opinions Needed!

I bought one of these remotes and it works just fine on my 7100 and 7400 receivers. It has a different button layout but they are labelled properly so the functions can be found easily. There is a face plate that slides up and down to cover the blue buttons. https://www.ebay.com/itm/121121743815
  21. OldJBL

Buffalo was our first choice and then we switched to Ashtabula, Ohio at the last minute. The weather turned out great with a very thin wisp of clouds that did nothing to dull the moment. During the 6+ hour drive to get to Lake Erie, I kept checking weather reports and radar maps for places...
  22. OldJBL

Well, the eclipse viewing exceeded all expectations. We ended up in Ashtabula, Ohio which couldn't have been a better location. Very thin clouds, no crowds, no traffic getting there and friendly, welcoming people around us. I think I got some great photos. Below is a cool effect that showed up...
  23. OldJBL

Who always have their phone...

My phone does everything from being an alarm clock to being vital for communicating with family, friends and clients. If my phone isn't with me then I forgot to take it.
  24. OldJBL

Anyone else get the promo email for the new Fosi V3 Mono with PFFB?

I received the promo email for the V3 Mono. I have a ZA3 and planned to get another for a dual mono setup but will wait to see what the V3M offers. If it is priced right with the 48v/10A power brick and performs as good, or better, than the ZA3 then Ill buy two V3Ms. Then find another use for...
  25. OldJBL

My guess is that any major highway crossing the totality path will be a congested mess for a period of time before and after the eclipse.
Back
Top Bottom