Search results

1. S

the big deal!!!!

i know right i cant wait!
  2. S

the big deal!!!!

dont know where to post this so when all else fails, use the general fourm lol ive been collecting old stereo stuff for more than half my life and im always looking for the next big score, but we all have our prefrence about what we like to hunt for the most, mine has always been tube stereo...
  3. S

porch system goes sansui! -and grows again..

thank you ,thank you ,THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank god somebody is finally starting to get it lol!! this is what ive been talking about in most of my big-rig threads but i guess i shoulda explained it better so my bad. the shock and awe systems were rigged this way, marantz...
  4. S

yea actully i did for a short time. i really like them.
  5. S

sansui 3500, NOT the quad one, info needed!

thanks for the input sam! i forgot about that! we gotta get some info on this mystery
  6. S

Newbie from FL

welcome fellow florida aker!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. S

sansui 3500, NOT the quad one, info needed!

cool, yeah it really is a nice receiver, very well made and has silkey smooth sound. hope some sansui guru stops by and drops there two cents on it......
  8. S

yes i know, i have 4 digital cameras but they all suck, the only one that dosent suck as bad is my fuji 7.1mp, but its from 2004 and takes xd cards and only holds 300 pics at a time, so foolishly i gave it to my wife, and i got a kodak 8.1mp that stores over 1000 pictures and takes 1 hour of...
  9. S

My first tube score.... Or is it?

intresting, i didnt think id ever see one of these again! if you didnt know, this was part of a console stereo, i have the model with this amp in it. it also came with a am-fm tuner, garrard tt and the exclusive hoffman "floating sound" inclosure speaker cabinet. they sound really nice. totally...
  10. S

Infinity RS-6000 Roadside

holy crap! you found these in the trash!! what a score!
  11. S

shure! no problem. i call it the divided frequency concept design, each receiver is matched up with the pair of speakers it likes the most, then the receivers are all fine tuned to there sweet spot, rather it being bass midrange or hi freq. than they are all dasiy chained together off the lead...
  12. S

ak mobile test thread

so true.
  13. S

ak mobile test thread

i have a older touch screen huawei metro pcs phone with a web browser. figured id try to see if this is possible. if you can see this it works ! it took me an hour to log in and get here and my battery is almost dead but here i am ! cool beans !!
  14. S

in my house, i have 9 diffrent systems now, the two i use the most is the main rig, in the living room (the really big one), and the porch system. i honestley use my porch system more than the main rig, cause its outside and it dosent disturb my wife that likes to sleep alot, its always been...
  15. S

TRUE vs NOT TRUE?????

heres my two cents, the early model 18 and 19 receivers are really special, i own a 18 now and compaired to the 8 22xx series receivers i have, the 18 is better, but the 22xx receivers are good too, i love them, timeless styling, warm silky sound, and some of the bigger ones really pack a punch...
  16. S

If this isn't a SCORE...I don't know what is..

killer score!!!!!!!!! congrads!!
  17. S

fisher 500c for garrard 301, worth it??

thats a good point! well i did my homework, and the #1 thing that always keeps me from selling something is the fear that ill never be able to find another one. 500c is a damn nice receiver, and ive ALWAYS wanted one, and his is supposed to be absolutly pristine and with a recent tune-up. but i...
  18. S

the good old days. when vintage stereo gear was still common and worthless..

this is so true. i remember 10 years ago, when i could still find gear cheap everyware, i used to go exploring to backwoods hick towns and little hole in the wall places to find the real old tube stuff, and i had alot of luck that way, i remember if you wanted to find the tube stuff you had to...
  19. S

fisher 500c for garrard 301, worth it??

this is true. but i rarley ever use the 301, and its not in real good shape. and i got a buttload of old receivers but only a handful of tube ones, and if my scott craps out, im gunna need a backup. i have about 15 tube receivers, only about 5 work, and only two work well.
  20. S

god i miss those days. back then, i could walk into any thrift shop on any day, and have my choice between 10 or so silver receivers, for 5 bucks a pop. hmmm, what today? the sansui 5000a or the pioneer sx-980? i think ill take the sx-980 cause i already found a 5000a last week..... i had...
  21. S

i was going through some old pics of mine from when i was a kid, back in the 90s, i guess some things in my life will never change :) this was my first tube setup, when i was 13, in 1998. showing off my new fisher 440t, in 1999 the original shock and awe system...
  22. S

TMAD's gone flat! Maggie MG-I's in the house

bitchin!!!!!!!!!!
Back
Top Bottom