Search results

1. AlleyKat

Andyman

Received the SONY SACD today. It was packed to survive a 5 story fall :yes: In person, it looks a lot better than the ad in Bartertown. I have only had the chance to play a couple of CDs so far, it's for my wife's system, but I'm very impressed with the sound quality. Many thanks to a...
  2. AlleyKat

Central New York - Tube Testing

I'm helping out a friend who is settling the estate of her uncle. He was a TV and radio repairman so there are boxes upon boxes of tubes that she has to deal with. I took a quick look and they are really a bit of a mess, for the most part just tossed in cardboard boxes. I'm sure that the...
  3. AlleyKat

Tandberg RTR questions

My 80 yr. old neighbor has approached me to buy some reel to reel machines he has and a lot of tapes, both blank and recorded. He wants to sell me 2 Tandberg decks, a TD20A and a TD20ASE, 28-7" and 12-10" sealed blank reels of Denon Studio Master Tape, 10-10" and 8-7" Denon Studio Master used...
  4. AlleyKat

Celt's the best!

Ordered some of Dan's CDs on Monday and they arrived today in perfect condition. Thanks, Dan :yes:
  5. AlleyKat

Happy Birthday, Urizen

Hope you have a great day, Ken! You certainly deserve it. :yes:
  6. AlleyKat

greenmark59 is a great seller

Picked up a Roku from Mark in Bartertown for a more than fair price :) He shipped it immediately and packed it well to survive the journey:thmbsp:
  7. AlleyKat

Almost There

Roger was kind enough to quickly respond to my post in BT seeking components to put together a system for my youngest daughter's college graduation. His price was more than fair and he was great at shipping it quickly and keeping me informed. It was packed to survive even the tender (:no:)...
  8. AlleyKat

500 B knob cap question

My 500B is missing a few of the brass caps. I want to replace them, but am not sure as to the line/no line layout. Can anyone take a good pic of their 500B showing the end caps so that I can order the right mix of caps? Thanks!
  9. AlleyKat

It's alive

One of my dream turntables has always been an Empire 598.:yes: I thought I'd accomplished my goal last summer when I managed to win an auction for a "excellent condition" 598 III. Unfortunately, I was wrong...it arrived with the motor support section broken and bent. The seller was great...
  10. AlleyKat

Cartridge Suggestions for Empire 598

I recently finished assembling an Empire 598 turntable from a damaged one purchased on eBay and some replacement parts from a local parts unit turntable. I've got it all back together and it looks superb and holds speed perfectly.:banana: However, I now face the dilemma of selecting an...
  11. AlleyKat

The Devil Makes Three - Do Wrong Right

The Devil Makes Three Do Wrong Right April, 2009 Milan Records Genre -????? ragtime/folk/rockabilly/bluegrass/punk/jug band/gypsy jazz/country I don't even remember how I found them, they are one of those "best bands you never heard of" groups. From the moment I heard the first cut of...
  12. AlleyKat

Happy Birthday, Celt

Have a great one, Dan! :yippy::yippy::yippy:
  13. AlleyKat

Surprise

Several months ago, I picked up an Audio Alchemy Digital Decoding Engine v1.1 at a pawn for very little $. I bought it to use for an extra Roku that RichPa generously sent me. I was quite pleased with its sound quality and have used it regularly with the Roku. Last week, I picked up a...
  14. AlleyKat

Order Confirmation

Those of you who may be familiar with my (somewhat odd:yes:) musical tastes, are aware that it's pretty hard to find a lot of the music I enjoy. Found a CD shop dedicated to new independent bands and ordered a few CDs last night. This morning, I received the following order/shipping...
  15. AlleyKat

Knosti Disco Antistat - A Cheap & Effective Record Cleaner

My major present this Christmas was the Knosti Disco Antistat Record Cleaning Kit:banana:. For $99.98 with shipping from Belgium, it's an amazing, effective and cheap alternative to the high priced RCM's that I've been lusting after for quite some time. A video of the device and mock...
  16. AlleyKat

Fear of (Re)Foaming

Tonight, I finished my first attempt at raccooning some woogers:yes:. Last week I picked up a pile of gear off Craigslist that included a pair of New Advent speakers. Of course the foam surrounds were almost totally missing. When I pointed that out, the lady reduced the price on the whole...
  17. AlleyKat

Happy Birthday, Negotiableterms

Have a GREATday, David! :yippy::yippy::yippy:
  18. AlleyKat

ADC Integra XLM-1

A blast from the past:banana:. I've had an ADC Integra XLM-1 cartridge for about 30 yrs. Although the stylus was worn past the point of use, I had always particularly enjoyed the sound it produced from my Technics SL-1300, even though I had used many "better" cartridges. The Integra was a...
  19. AlleyKat

Looking for an Audio Rack - Suggestions, please

Posted this in Barter Town, "I am looking for a unit that will accomodate my main system gear - Adcom GFA-545 amp, GFP-555 II pre, and GFT-2 Tuner; Marantz 5001 CD Player, Technics SL-1300, Roku Soundbridge, a yet to be named DAC and have the potential to handle an additional GFA 545 when I get...
  20. AlleyKat

A few Pictures from the Fest

Dave Newman (dnewman04) & Jack (WhiteSE) and my wife Debi in the background Army, Glenn (Echowars), and Tim (Kamakiri) Steve (Modge) from the back and MarkW mid drinking match (Steve won:banana:) Fisher-Dave Jack (WhiteSE), MarkW, and Yvon (Dogscanskate) Todd (Ozmoid) &...
  21. AlleyKat

EasyRiderNYC

Just got back from picking up the SONY TV from Chuck. You are a true gentleman and your generosity (not to mention the help in carrying the monster down 4 flight of stairs & out to the car) is deeply appreciated:banana: My daughter will be very happy, even if she gets my existing set as the...
  22. AlleyKat

Old Audio Magazines

For those members who collect vintage audio magazines - "LARGE Collection of STEREO REVIEW,HIGH FIDELITY & STEREOPHILE magazines from the 1960's - 1970's & 1980's......I haven't started to count them but I would guess there are about 400 issues in the collection...All magazines are complete...
  23. AlleyKat

A Few Pictures

Just got back and I'm ready to collapse:sigh: Before I do, I want to express my sincere thanks and absolute wonder for the efforts of Grumpy (& his whole family:bigok: ) and Luvinvinyl in making the Fest an incredible adventure.
  24. AlleyKat

Great Gadget

Let's face it, maintaining the correct tire pressure is a pain!:thumbsdn: Especially if you are lucky enough to have one (or more) of the all too common tires that s-l-o-w-l-y lose pressure, even though a reason/solution can't be found:sigh: I try to check pressure on a regular basis, but...
  25. AlleyKat

What model Quads are these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280078261817&fromMakeTrack=true
Back
Top Bottom