Search results

1. emmvette

Barter Town, or Other Selling & Buying Venues

Kind of surprised AK didn't just update the thread from 2012 to eliminate the currently incorrect information.... Can you do that?
  2. emmvette

How active is Barter Town?

The old Barter Town with discussion was much better.
  3. Altec 604e

Altec 604e

4. emmvette

Iowa meetup/listen at the theater

Is this supposed to be a snack and drink free even since we are in somebody's theatre, or can we bring chips or similar in?
  5. emmvette

Do you happen to have a tube tester? I have a citation II that is next up on the project bench, and I I’d love to see if the tubes have any life left in them. @mccuskerkt, yes, I do. Great idea, I'll bring the tester.
  6. emmvette

@cdfac - I should have a few. Its looking like I may be going; my car is giving me a hard time, so autocrossing Saturday is out. I'll go down to the basement and see what kind of good 5U4G's I can dig out of the vault for you. Just 1? Any other tubes you need or want to try out that I could...
  7. emmvette

Grant Fidelity CD-327A drawer won't close

I've had this CD player for years and the drawer is less likely to close now without a little nudge. The player is otherwise completely awesome. I have not taken it apart yet to look at it, but google searching say's this was a problem others have found (even a review when new said they...
  8. emmvette

Harman Kardon 430 Recap

Very nice; thank you for posting the wonderful write up with pics!
  9. emmvette

Altec 19 Refurb project

You're getting closer & the project is looking great!
  10. emmvette

Help with Better Track tagging in iTunes

I've been ripping my CD's to iTunes to start a music server. I don't always like to rip complete CD's so I don't have to listen to songs I don't like or waste space. Many of my CDs are homemade - for example I took 3 CDs and recorded all the songs I liked onto one homemade CD. Now when I...
  11. emmvette

Assembling Mac Mini (2010) server - component suggestions?

OK, I have a used Dacmagic coming from Barter/Trade here. I'll do as suggested above and try a couple different formats on the hard drive then make a decision next month. I've also ordered a few cables so should be up and running in a week!
  12. emmvette

My collection is currently CDs. I was going to use AIFF, I don't have a lot of CD like some on here do, probably 250 or so. I'm not really wanting to add a drive internally to the mini, as I don't have the best hand motor skills right now due to a hand crush injury this past year. I think...
  13. emmvette

I just purchased a 2010 Mac Mini to set up a music server. It has 8GB Ram, 320 GB 7200 rpm hard drive, and the SuperDrive. With the 2010's and older it is recommended to have the external hard drive and DAC not both on the USB. So I'm thinking it makes sense to get an external hard drive...
  14. emmvette

Emmvette — Makes dreams come true.

Just saw this, thank you for the kind words. It looks great with the amps you have! I'm glad you are pleased with it. It sure is a great preamp!
  15. emmvette

Fisher 400 won't pull in stations well

I have a Fisher 400 that was rebuild last year and have struggled with it not pulling in stations well. The rebuild included a basic MPX alignment. Is there a few things I can check to see if there is a simple problem? I sent the unit out for the overhaul shortly after receiving it, so for me...
  16. emmvette

C32 Ribbon Cables?

I've owned two c32 preamps and neither has had ribbon problem. Both were original. I've since had one recapped and completely gone through - it had no ribbon cables problems, but the tech was contentious and handled them careful as they should be. C32's are beautiful and very functional units.
  17. emmvette

Detroit to western Chicagoland or Iowa

Thanks fore the offers. Unfortunately, the component I wanted went before I was able to commit to get it picked up. Thanks again!
  18. emmvette

May be trading my Mac 1900 for a mc 2205 and C32 pre?

Just get some decent basic cables and look for ones where the connectors aren't too wide because the RCA connections on the C32 and 2205 are a little close together. Some of the pricey cables have connectors that are too wide and won't fit.
  19. emmvette

ahem.. Hello!

Welcome to AK, SChamp; so what audio components will you be using in addition to the PL-7?
  20. emmvette

Detroit to western Chicagoland or Iowa

I would like to buy a turntable here on batter town but it can't be shipped through the mail. I live in Des Moines but frequent western Chicagoland and sycamore, IL. I could pick up at either location. If anybody can get it that far in the near future please let me know!
  21. emmvette

Chevy May Drop 600-hp Twin-Turbo V-8 Into New Corvette Z07

I like Top Gear too, but wow, you believe their rubbish? It's easy to make a car go fast for not that much money; its not that easy to make car go fast, handle, appeal to the masses enough that thousands are sold. Yes, the old corvette interior wasn't the greatest, but the car is has still...
  22. emmvette

Cornwall video...new speaker fabric rocks!

What made you choose that fabric? Does it match anything, or just being crazy?
  23. emmvette

1st tube amp

Perfect! Its driven Heresy, Cornwalls, and Khorns. Now I bet the amp feels complete! I bet it sounds great with your speakers!
  24. emmvette

How many watts do you feed your Klipsches?

Currently Khorns with 1.5 watts of Welborne Star Chiefs 45 tube amps, rotating in a VRD45 (20w), Fisher 400 (25w), McIntosh MC2205 (200w SS), and running Transcendent OTLs (4w) bridged on Cornwalls. Heresy's are using a SS Marantz 2220b (20w). All sound excellent. Yes, the McIntosh can get...
  25. emmvette

testing tubes in the 400

Thanks, Larry. I appreciate you taking time to help me learn.
Back
Top Bottom