Search results

1. oblomov

Best band that didn’t get famous.

Other than that, on topic I'll add Australian Crawl
  2. oblomov

Best band that didn’t get famous.

To be a prick: Talking Heads released their live album as "The Name of This Band is Talking Heads" to be instructional. The is no "the" I believe Pretenders is the same. And before the expected replies, yes, I am an officious asshole
  3. oblomov

My new to me Marantz 2220b came today !!

You are obviously a fine craftsman with wood. That looks fantastic!
  4. oblomov

What's your "go to song" to test bass in your rig?

Interesting choice. You're referring to "I've Seen That Face Before" ? Lots of her work with Sly and Robbie had superlative production and engineering.
  5. oblomov

Interesting Stereo Ads? Post a pic for memory lane's sake.

idf's second post is yes, a cutaway of the KEF 104.2
  6. oblomov

Crutchfield gives vintage gear a black eye

ha, I'm sure your avatar agrees with that sentiment!
  7. oblomov

Most recognizable bass lines

What, no Under Pressure, Queen (or Ice Ice Baby haha) Also We are Family, Sister Sledge (Bernard Edwards methinks). Extended version is insane
  8. oblomov

Speaker wiring - questions - Yamaha A-700

Hmm, I would perhaps move away from consumer grade equipment for your particular use. Maybe look for the type of equipment used in department stores or clothing stores, maybe used? I remember Abercrombe and Fitch stores cranking the jams over multiple speakers. Might be worth looking into.
  9. oblomov

Customer with plenty of equipment, some I'm not sure what to do with

Soooo....all of this equipment laying around...is anything hooked up that produces sound of any sort yet? Dammit, man, just hook something UP!
  10. oblomov

Can my "new" vintage system be freaking out our dog?

And what about squirrels for that matter?
  11. oblomov

Can my "new" vintage system be freaking out our dog?

Interesting, never thought about it. Of course, we all know that dogs detect much higher frequencies then us. But does their high frequency hearing diminish with age like us? And what about cats? Do they share with dogs the ability to hear high frequencies?
  12. oblomov

Sinatra Custom Recording Studio

Looks like a really cool tuner (I think?) on the left side.
  13. oblomov

Lots of trouble with Duracell Coppertop batteries

hehe, yeah. I picked up on that from your comment. Connections are always helpful:beatnik:!
  14. oblomov

WTF?? five guys burger now 10 bucks???

Sounds good, but I've found as I become an old fart, I cannot eat a half pound of ground beef in one sitting. Maybe back when I was in my twenties... As invaderzim mentioned above, 1/4 lb used to be a massive burger, now considered "child-size"? funny, well no wonder the average American...
  15. oblomov

RT-707 Reel To Reel Sensing Tape Question

No, never got the chance. Interesting idea though!
  16. oblomov

Peter Green tribute on PBS

Man of the World is a fantastic tune, along with Looking for Somebody. But both are also on the Sire release (double LP) Vintage Years. Which I had back in the day, had the old automobile grille on the cover. Wish I still had it...
  17. oblomov

Absolute beginner!

Looks fantastic! Hooked up yet?:music:
  18. oblomov

Harman Kardon 330B + speaker pairing

Interesting idea, in that I have enjoyed pairing my 330A with a pair of two-way JBL 4408 monitors for a long time now. The JBLs feature the titanium tweeters that many say shred their eardrums. Love or hate, I suppose. However, I love the sound of this combo. Also sometimes swapping the 330A...
  19. oblomov

Musichal's Explanations, Concepts, Opinions and Anecdotes

Hal has passed on? So incredibly sad. I always enjoyed his posts and his viewpoints. I will miss him.
  20. oblomov

Your Picks For The World's Worst-Sounding Recordings

Interesting thoughts on Van Gelder going back and forth that I'll add to, if I may: I was always a nut for Art Blakey/Jazz Messengers. Recorded, of course, TONS of classic albums on Blue Note with RVG in Hackensack. However, Blakey had opportunity to take breaks during this time, notably...
  21. oblomov

Dumbest thing someone has ever said to you?

Sunshine Skyway, May 1980. Freighter hit bridge support.
  22. oblomov

Are Relays, Switches and Jacks destroying the audio signal? Are non-essential ones worth bypassing?

Ahh, so, as Funkadelic stated many years ago, it's all in the angle of the dangle. :)
  23. oblomov

Am I missing something?

Looks like A and B and a G for ground to me.:dunno:
  24. oblomov

Broadcast Radio Going Away, Streaming and Podcast Subbing

Um, perhaps you are not getting mine?
Back
Top Bottom