Search results

1. BlackSwamp

7070 Cabinet dimensions? same as 9090?

I've googled but I can't seem to confirm or deny this. Is the 7070 the same size as the 8080 and 9090, or more importantly, is the wood cabinet that houses them the same size. Thanks, Brad
  2. BlackSwamp

Marantz Cabinet Data

Hello all, Thought some of you might find this info useful when building or locating a cabinet for your vintage Marantz. I don't have any dimensions here for the feet holes but if you have the unit, it's very easy to prep the bottom for feet. Hope this is useful! A quick google search...
  3. BlackSwamp

Need help sourcing Luxman Luxman LV-105u internal connector

I have a Luxman LV-105u hybrid amplifier that needs some help. After opening her up to clean the pots, glass, test tubes, etc - it didn't work when I put it back together. The culprit: connectors that attach the tube board to their driver board. The heat related to the tubes made them...
  4. BlackSwamp

M90 Elite recap - 2.2uf Bipolar 100v Question

Hi all, This unit calls for a 2.2uf Bipolar cap rated at 100v Should I stick with an electrolytic or would I be better off using a metallized polypropylene? I usually order from digikey and they have the poly (493-3639-ND) while Mouser has a Nichion (UVP2A2R2MED) 'lytic. Thanks in...
  5. BlackSwamp

Recap Question- what about the filter caps?

I've read thoughts here and there on specific units and replacing the big filter caps but thought I might ask for feedback from those that recap regularly on replacing those suckers. All the talk seems to suggest electrolytics may only have a 20 year shelf life and should be replaced but many...
  6. BlackSwamp

$50 HPM-100's in Cincy

I have no affiliation with this listing. great price, I'm just not close enough. Good luck! http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/ele/2010417263.html
  7. BlackSwamp

Best source for quality blank CD's and Jewel Cases

Anyone know where I can best pick up some quality CD-R's and jewel cases for audio reproduction? Thanks in advance.
  8. BlackSwamp

Marnatz 2230 shows 29V at the speakers

I've found some of my answers here already but still am fuzzy on a few questions related to my Marantz 2230. 1. I realize it is capacitor coupled and understand that in theory. My unit is reading 29V DC at the speakers (measured in the same way you would DC offset). I'm suspecting that is...
  9. BlackSwamp

Building Jensen Imperials 1952 Build In Version

After again hearing Tubino's Jensen Imperials but this time with proper drivers and crossover, I decided to build a pair myself. There are at least three different cabinets Jensen referred to as the Imperial. There is a folded horn corner version Corner Imperial Dimension are substantial at...
  10. BlackSwamp

Fun with my camera and a Mc

Certainly not perfect, but this pics was kinda cool and I thought some here might enjoy it.
  11. BlackSwamp

Fun with a Magnavox Stereo 6BQ5

Chassis number 9302, uses the 6EU7 and a p/p pair of 6BQ5's per side. I replaced the filter and coupling caps, built the wood exterior and added a power switch, pilot light and :banana: jacks. It sounded decent stock, the new coupling caps made a huge difference and it sounds very good...
  12. BlackSwamp

Turntable Stand

Need some recommendations for a stand alone turntable stand. Needs: It's gotta do it's job, if it looks great and isn't solid and isolated it ain't gonna work. I don't want it displaying any other components. My room is large and since I can, I don't want a transformer, tube or extra power...
  13. BlackSwamp

Belts for Marantz 5030B Need sizes please

Hi all, Anyone know the sizes of the belts inside a Marantz 5030B Cassette Deck? Thanks much, Fester
  14. BlackSwamp

Magnavox 6v6 Stereo

Magnavox 6v6 Stereo - P/P bass, SET treble I just pulled this amp from a Magnavox console and could use some help in identifying it and locating a schematic. It's Stereo with (2) 5U4's, (2) 12AT7's, a 12AX7 & (6) 6V6's. The only chassis stamp codes I see are: 246033 810200 (the...
  15. BlackSwamp

But where would I find the counterweight?

Just for fun: Heavy Cartridge
  16. BlackSwamp

P/P Amp - Voltage spike - Advice Please

I have a Traynor amp that I have on my bench (actually a desk but you get the idea) When I brought it up on the variac at about half power I noticed smoke. I quickly shut it down. Once I got into it it was obvious someone had been in it before. It had 6L6's in place of the original...
  17. BlackSwamp

Ray Davies in Detroit tonight

Anyone is the Detroit area heading to the Ray Davies show tonight? Just finished side two of Muswell Hillbillies as a partial primer.
  18. BlackSwamp

Please Tell me My Benz Ebony is OK

I just mounted my new Benz Ebony on my Graham tonearm which sits upon my Sota Turntable. All this stuff is new to me (the sota I purchased used) so this is the first I've had it hooked up. The Benz seems weak in its suspension. Set-up was a breeze with the Graham tools and I took great care...
  19. BlackSwamp

Modded a Fender Bassman, OH Yeah!

Just finished with some fairly major modification of a 60's Fender Bassman. This was the AB165 design and the mods suggested bring in more in line with the earlier and more desireable AA864 circuit. I'm tickled pink. For me this was my biggest DIY type project to date: Changed some...
  20. BlackSwamp

Happy B-Day to Ray Davies

He turned 62 today. :banana: I'm looking forward to the Commerica Taste Fest show in Detroit.
  21. BlackSwamp

Well Tempered Table in Santa Ana CA

I Just saw this listed and if your local it's worth looking into: Audiogon Well Tempered
  22. BlackSwamp

Jensen PF-2 info request

Anyone know anything about these wall mount vintage Jensens? Very thin and wall mountable but also very sturdy and appear to be well built. I saw them at a local thrift and they peeked my curiosity. Thanks in advance, The original Dingus
  23. BlackSwamp

When a tube passes away a natural death

Actually, I don't know it was a natural death, thus this post. I moved my stuff around so the fireplace would actually be usable this winter and when I hooked everything back up it was obvious one channel was louder than the other. After much troubleshooting to locate the problem, I...
  24. BlackSwamp

Akai Invert-o-matic Cassette Deck - Weird

Akai GXC-65D...Pics Check this out - Now this is auto reverse. I've never seen anything quite this weird, check out the last pic as it flips the cassette.
  25. BlackSwamp

My Fender Geetar's

As requested, AS Strat (2000) & AS Standard Tele (1992) guitars. I have some cool pictures here, check out the finish on the Strat.Guitar pics
Back
Top Bottom