Search results

1. wmgwizard

Fun Factoid Of The Day

I know a few people like that.
  2. wmgwizard

Fun Factoid Of The Day

If you think about it, yes. Imagine a radio station touting they are the #1 station. What they don't have to say is: with pre teen girls, or men over 50. As long as they are #1 in some sub category they can claim #1 status. It may be the truth, it may be a lie, but based on the data they can...
  3. wmgwizard

Sub-$1000 Headphone Nirvanics: Focal Elear vs Hifiman Sundara

Don't hold your breath for a response, KarlK was last seen here 1.11.2020
  4. wmgwizard

Compact powered book shelve speakers

Using the Tape Out to send signal to the transmitter will not allow you to control the volume of the "remote" speakers with your receivers volume. Tape Out is a constant output, you need a variable output like a Pre Out to have the receivers volume control affect the remote speakers.
  5. wmgwizard

What the heck speakers are these???

I have gotten good results removing scuffs from my NHT SuperOne's using the sanding pads and polishing compound found in headlight restoration kits.
  6. wmgwizard

Nivico Globe Speakers Baffle JVC GB-1E N°2

Posts regarding equipment value should be on the Dollars and Sense page of AK. Please ask the Mods to move this to the appropriate page.
  7. wmgwizard

Fun Factoid Of The Day

There is no truth, there are no lies; there is only data that can be manipulated.
  8. wmgwizard

Most Underrated Album from the Mid-1980s

Roger Waters: The Pro's and Cons of Hitchhiking
  9. wmgwizard

Permission to paint Dual 1219 bread-box?

What about something reversible like a wrap or veneer ??
  10. wmgwizard

Thoughts on center channel mounted above TV screen?

Had it both ways over the years and found when mounted above it had to be tilted downward a bit.
  11. wmgwizard

Who are they kidding?

If you're lucky enough that he still has parts available.
  12. wmgwizard

Is Recapping....RECAPPING?

My apologies, I should have been more informative, it really depends on the circuit and application, as we unsure of Jntit's technical skill level, or intended application, the safe answer is no. If you understand the circuit and replace using the same value cap then it MAY be possible. Small...
  13. wmgwizard

CONSIDERING MAGNAPAN MG-1.5 QR

Another thought.....damping is not an issue with Maggies because you are not trying to control the pistonic movement/mass/inertia of a cone. Maggies dont move, they are naturally, neutrally damped, a big part of what gives them their charm !!!
  14. wmgwizard

Depending on your musical preference and how loud you like to listen 80wpc could be sufficient. Jazz, classical, most classic rock should do very well but if you're into rap/rave, heavy metal at ear piercing levels probably not. Maggies do not present the same way as typical enclosed speakers...
  15. wmgwizard

what im starting with

Cerwin Vega speakers are known to be very efficient, providing lots of volume from relatively little power. That being said, and your musical preferences for heavy, heavy metal, due to the nature of metal music's limited dynamic range and your penchant for more, 100wpc AVR watts may not be...
  16. wmgwizard

My Speaker Journey... the ongoing saga of jazzmans system

Sweet!!!!! Congratulations, enjoy !!
  17. wmgwizard

Bad Chinese translations make the world go round

Glass bottles do not expand and contract like cans or plastic. As such the carbonation does not deteriorate. This changes the way the beverage tastes and feels in your mouth. Luckily my local grocer stocks Coke and Pepsi in glass bottles; not cheap, but worth every cent.
  18. wmgwizard

Onkyo M-5090 blowing R-ch fuse after a few min

Swap speakers left to right and see if the problem persists in the same channel or moves with the speaker.
  19. wmgwizard

Baby Advent?

A note of caution: the plastic tweeter surround is probably very brittle and will likely crack or outright break around the screws, use extreme caution when removing/replacing the screws.
  20. wmgwizard

old school receiver.old or new school speakers?

Great video explaining passive radiator:
  21. wmgwizard

Placement is important with any speaker but even more so with Maggies.
  22. wmgwizard

Share your head fi system.

HiFiman Sundara with Linsoul Tripowin balanced cable iFi Zen Can II Signature iFi Zen DAC Signature with balanced interconnect
  23. wmgwizard

Recent finds in resale stores

Smart to leave them behind. Both look to be leftovers from a late 80's to mid 90's rack system, neither should impress you.
  24. wmgwizard

The Only Stooopid Question...........

Probably not a good idea. Florescent lighting ballasts can generate high levels of EMI that may be picked up by any number of audio components, especially low voltage ones like a TT cartridge and cables.
Back
Top Bottom