Search results

1. photoweboram

Cassette score!!

I got two TDK Type II SA-X100 tapes for only $.49 each at a thrift store!!! And last week I picked up a 16 pack of TDK D90 type I tapes for only $2.95. Seems to be a lot of good take deals right now!
  2. photoweboram

Tape recording of you as a kid?

yes, Gibson Marauder. I wish I still had it. It was not a great guitar, but it was mine, and my first Gibson.
  3. photoweboram

Old prerecorded Cassettes won't play.

pinch rollers may be a problem on my JVC, but my Kenwood has good rollers, as well as my Sony.... I have a lot of good shells, actually I bought a new box of C-62's. 100 for $10.00, so I've just been wasting the tape and using the shells. I did not try adding graphite. I may try that. It seems...
  4. photoweboram

The belts are not new, but they are in good shape. I've had this problem across three decks. They all do the same thing.
  5. photoweboram

bought a realistic sct-3100 (totl 1980) deck - won't turn tape

My 3100 has a bad wow and flutter problem. It is unusable at this moment. I changed all the belts and it worked not too bad for a few years. My Kenwood deck died, so I'm hoping I can swap a motor into the 3100 and bring it back to life. My wife says no more cassette deck. I have six of them...
  6. photoweboram

I've had this problem for quite some time. It seems when I buy older cassettes that seem to be learderless tapes, they won't play. The speed goes all over the place, then slows down and they eventually stop playing. When I check the tape they seem to be turning freely, but they still do...
  7. photoweboram

Tape recording of you as a kid?

The oldest I have is when I was about 20. About 1977 or 1978. It was with my old band "Merry Berry And His Band" in Brooklyn NY....
  8. photoweboram

Post your photography!!

The snow looks awesome!
  9. photoweboram

Stupid Dolby question

Really! Cool!!! I'll be doing that!... well making two sets... One for the home with C and one for the car and the portable with B.
  10. photoweboram

Stupid Dolby question

I have a stupid question, but I still need to ask it.. What happens if you record Dolby C on a type I cassette?
  11. photoweboram

Your Latest Additions (LP)......

I got Pablo Cruise, A place in the sun Dan Fogelberg's Greatest hits And Maria Muldar. All $2.00 each. The Pablo Cruise album was in excellent shape, the others.... well...
  12. photoweboram

Post your photography!!

Well, they would not let me take them out... so these were shot in the showroom. I used a white reflector when it was possible, and that's all I was allowed to do.
  13. photoweboram

Post your photography!!

I like it when they run together, but just for you, I changed it!:guitar: I also did a series on Dodge Vipers...
  14. photoweboram

A "Karma Initiative"...'Stormy Monday'

I'm always interested in this kind of stuff, but I'm only a lead guitarist. I don't have any real talent....
  15. photoweboram

Post your photography!!

I have thousands. Here are a few..
  16. photoweboram

Why would I want a Nakamichi 600?

I cut my teeth on one... well, sort of... I worked in a cassette duplication department and we used one for QC. I really came to love that thing, and would use it to record my own stuff after hours. I'd love to have one now, but they are still really expensive compared to the decks I've been...
  17. photoweboram

Opinions on Kenwood Cassette Decks in General

I have two of them. My good one died... the KX-W8020, but my KX-W6030 keeps working like a champ. Even though the belts are worn, and it makes a knocking noise when playing in reverse, playback is near perfect..... The 8020 sounded AWESOME when it worked... I think the HX Pro really added to...
  18. photoweboram

Weird shut off problem with Kenwood KX-W8020

This is a strange one. my 8020 started shutting itself off. I runs for a bit and then shuts off to standby mode. And when it does it it won't come back out of standby mode. Now here is the really odd thing I can't figure out... When I pull the front bezel plate off, it seems to work fine...
  19. photoweboram

Fuji DR-1 tapes

I have a few, my deck with the auto bias button seems work ok with them..
  20. photoweboram

Hello from Nor-Cal

Welcome... I'm a bit north of you!
  21. photoweboram

check out this "new" portable I just got!

I don't have a jack, so I have to use an FM transmitter to play cassettes in the car. My van, who I bought from my mom actually has a factory CD/Cassette deck unit!
  22. photoweboram

It's model RQ-SW6. I did a search and saw new units, but not this exact model. The newer ones have the radio tuner and other items in a digital type format. I can understand. The big knobs on this one make it easy too easy to move by accident. but for me, it's perfect!
  23. photoweboram

really? wow, I really like it, and it sounds AWESOME! The XBass makes it sound really nice and full, and the Dolby actually works!
  24. photoweboram

Vintage Cassette Find

cool.. where do you guys find these things?????
  25. photoweboram

Just finished my first refoam!!

wow! much neater job than I did on mine. I have exposed glue all over the cone by the surround. They work great, but look ugly. But once I put the cover on.... Excellent work!
Back
Top Bottom