Search results

1. dpal

Technics SA-700 Receiver

I found a speaker connection out or phase (wire reversed +/- , and bass control was at 3p....I made adjustments , and now it is not heating up excessively . Thanks for all your input guys, I appreciate it
  2. dpal

Technics SA-700 Receiver

Yeah, six speakers, the main speakers (2EPI's each channel) wired in series, and the other two EPI's (one per channel) into remote section. I'm sure if there was a problem, something would have happened , since it was on for almost 2 hours . The room temp was 82. I will take it easy when I...
  3. dpal

Technics SA-700 Receiver

I had my SA-700 power supply (cap can) and all power transistors replaced about 10 years ago , but not used much. I was using it as a pre amp for my Dynakit ST70 Amp. I decided to hook up my speakers (6 EPI 100's). I had it on for about 2 hours, and it worked fine, No distortion or clipping...
  4. dpal

Sony Am/ Fm Tuner: STJX430

TRYING TO FIND THE YEAR OF MFG? ANY ONE KNOW?......THANKS IN ADVANCE
  5. dpal

Isotap Settings

ok, he must have been right then. He told me to check my line voltage, and it was around 122......so, guess I am all set ...thanks, Adam....appreciate your help
  6. dpal

Isotap Settings

I recently purchased a RCA WP 26A Isotap...I have a 1962 Knight Tuner that requires 110-120v....My tech told me to set it at 125 v tap....I think he is wrong. should it be at 120 or 115 tap? Pretty sure he gave me wrong info. Thanks in advance for your replys/suggestions.
  7. dpal

What's your latest audio purchase?

Human 81+ Just purchased, and received my new HUMAN 81+ speakers, from Human Speakers, in N.H. WOW ! These speakers blow away my original EPI 100 (1970's) speakers, which are 5***** rated ! Totally Mindblowing, Totally Sweet/Crisp/Full Dimensional sounding. Best sounding speakers I have ever...
  8. dpal

Knight 755 Amplifier

Looks it might be the output transformer.....as soon as my new volt meter arrives tomorrow, I can start to check the voltages
  9. dpal

Knight 755 Amplifier

My Knight KN 755 amp, has lost the left channel, all except some extreme distortion if you crank up the volume all the way....I swapped all tubes, with no results....checked all the critical caps/resistors and loose connections, and found no visible problems, did the 9V battery test to check the...
  10. dpal

KN 755 Amplifier

My KN 755 Amp has lost the left channel, with volume cranked, I just get a very distorted sound...right channel is perfect....swapped all tubes, checked for bad wiring connections, all okay, no burnt resistors....did the 9V battery test to check output transformer, and I got the "Pop" sound, so...
  11. dpal

low volume from tube tuner to tube amp

Thanks....for the shoutout about Pyramid...I will stay away......I figured that if "The Shack" sold them, they must be junk LOL
  12. dpal

low volume from tube tuner to tube amp

I have low volume coming from my tube tuner amplified by a tube tuner....just the tuner has low volume, so have to crank the amp volume all the way up....anyone out there recommend a good pre amp, like PYRAMID PR2500? thanks
  13. dpal

Knight kg 50 am/fm stereo tuner

the am detector diode is broken in two, and no part number or value of diode listed in the schematic.....HELP ? Thanks in advance
  14. dpal

Tool for wrapping two wires together,then solder

Hi Guys...I read on a earlier thread, about a special tool, say when I cut off a resistor, and leave the existing wire, so all I have to do is connect new resistor/cap, and solder the two wires wrapped together? so much easier than trying to pull out old wire soldered in with 2 or more in...
  15. dpal

12au7a

Yeah, that is what they say.....but, just in case, I wanted some back ups...that RCA au7 has been in there 6 years @ 20 hours per week...so, has lots of hours on it ....neon stereo indicator light still works(that is another story for another time)
  16. dpal

12au7a

Thanks, Guy....I appreciate that....I found another site that sells the RCA 12AU7A.....so, ordered one of them also.....Right now, I have one RCA, and A CONN, installed, and both work fine, but, wanted backups as the two in there are getting lots of hours on them, otherwise, for a 50 year old...
  17. dpal

12au7a

2 au7's in my KG 50 Tuner...one is amp for stereo indicator (19kc osc)) lamp control, and it says on schematic 36v.....other au7 is band pass amp 2.8v....not sure on plate voltages....as I am not a electronic tech.....rather amateur, but thanks for any help you can give me....I have not...
  18. dpal

12au7a

I ordered a 12AU7A tube, and when the order arrived it was a 5963....I did the research , and guess it is same as 12AU7A, so my question is: Can I use this in my FM Tuner, without damaging it? I know this is probably a dumb question, but, want to be on the safe side....thanks for any replys....
  19. dpal

The unique sound of FM.

Yeah......Most FM's now hire engineers that know nothing about sound, signals are overmodulated, final product is greatly compressed, thus, not the great sound fm once had....not saying this about all fm's, just for example "Clear Channel" not to mention, no matter what format...you constantly...
  20. dpal

The unique sound of FM.

I recently had my 1963 KNIGHT KIT, am/fm stereo tuner re-furbished(KG-50).....and the result was astonishing.....FM STEREO is Awesome Sounding.....Clear, Crisp, and Full Bodied FM Sound......Am sounds great to.....LOL
  21. dpal

The unique sound of FM.

Back in the late '70's, the am station where I was on air dj (worc, worcester, ma) tryed the Peak Modulation, to the point we were the loudest, but, all distorted , and what audiance we managed to have (with increasing competition from fm) was lost....This was a brainstorm of the Station...
  22. dpal

The unique sound of FM.

am radio sounded good in it's day, when the station used analog transmitters i.e. TUBES , not transistors......and before the am recievers were cheapened.......but, the first time I heard FM, I could not believe my ears....what a difference, crystal clear, full dimensional sound, later...
  23. dpal

Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

My knight kg 50 am/fm stereo tuner sounding awesome.....if you heard the audio. You would be in "awe"
  24. dpal

Majic Tuning Eye adjustment

correct....on a strong signal, it should be almost closed....just a bit of blue at top, and bottom.....
  25. dpal

Majic Tuning Eye adjustment

DO YOU THINK IT COULD BE THE TUBE GONE BAD? Basically it is almost wide open with the full exclamation point, but, does close a bit, on a strong signal, but not all the way....maybe 1/4 the way......Tried swapping out the resistor that carries the voltage, and nothing worked, stayed the same...
Back
Top Bottom