Search results

1. I

Design Acoustics PS-55 (large-ish images)

Well I saw these at the thrift store for about 9 bucks. I had trouble turning them down, since I've been looking for some cheap bookshelf speakers and had heard good things about the OLD design acoustics speakers from a few different sources. What I wanted was something inexpensive and without...
  2. I

First experience with Equalizer

I've read a lot of skeptics on "graphic equalizers" on Audio Karma, but like everything read here some of it is based on reality, some of it is based on a bit of snobbery, and *all* of it is based on oppinion. In *my* oppinion the crappy Kenwood Equalizer I have hooked up to my crappy kenwood...
  3. I

White Van Scam, Austin TX

Wish I could post this without a serious bump but I might add that (as others have mentioned before) a 20 dollar wholesale speaker might still be worth paying 30 bucks for...as long as you don't expect it to sound better than 30 bucks should sound. Furthermore, the *scam* is what bothers me...
  4. I

Rotel Receiver RX 401

http://austin.craigslist.org/ele/1595623841.html Never heard of this thing and can't find anything on it. Not a *bad* price for something in good condition of this age but...any comments? Advice?
  5. I

Men At Work loses copyright infringement

The really sad part is this sets a precedent protecting music publishers over individual artists. I'm not sure if either party in this ruling is truly hurting for money, but I am and continue to be in favor of copyright claims dying with their original creators. Why should we be able to buy and...
  6. I

hahaha, he didn't even get a chance to talk about the "abs 180 degree multi directional cube-surrounds" TOTALLY WICKED BRA!
  7. I

Just wanted to put those of you from Austin area on alert. Guy rolled up next to me at a stop light today pulling the white van scam. He got me to roll my window down and then said "hey man you want a surround sound system? I just got a couple free. They cost about $2200 new man." I...
  8. I

What was the last movie you watched?

American Movie Won at Sundance in 98' About a guy in Milwaukee trying to make his dream of being a filmmaker come true. Its hilarious, but its also really touching. Its about doing something even if you aren't the best, even if no one believes in you and even if you know you aren't going to go...
  9. I

Grado SR vs the new "i"

I may be wrong about this, but I've read over at head-fi that the GS1000 pads do *not* improve sound quality on the SRxxx series of headphones. Has Anyone Ever Used GS1000 Pads On Other Grado Cans? Also this review on head-fi compares the different pads sounds. Different Pads on Grados...
  10. I

Grado SR vs the new "i"

If you ever get a chance, I'd like to see how the SR80i compares to the SR80. I just got a pair of SR80i's for Christmas and really like them. They were a bit uncomfortable for extended listening sessions. I pulled the metal band wide apart to stretch it a little bit and it helped almost...
  11. I

wharfedale opinions

Hey there, I have a set of E70's (not E70d) and I will second that they sound best with classical music, and great with jazz as well. For more bass heavy music they don't shine as brightly, but believe me they still sound sweet. Very smooth, very clear. People tell me that 100 bucks is a good...
  12. I

Christmas Grados SR80i... [image heavy]

Hey there guys, just thought I'd update y'all. Grados has decided to repair them under warranty. Obviously they made a special exception since puppies are probably not covered. BUT seriously, if any of you have ever tried dealing with a big company for service like this you'll understand why...
  13. I

ha, yeah I mean I'm upset but oh well shes too young to really get mad at. I took your advice and e-mailed Grados. We'll see what they say! Thanks for the responses guys! Merry Christmas!
  14. I

So I got a pair of Grados SR80 headphones and the Sansa Clip+ for Christmas! It was great! My mother, on the other hand, prefers warmer, fuzzier, cuddlier Christmas gifts. So my dad got her a puppy! A little Jack Russell named Zoey My headphones, the puppy, and I became fast...
  15. I

Saab to be Killed?

My 91' Saab 9000 Aero certainly never had a problem going....225 HP, turbo-charged. It was also one of the nicest manual transmissions I've ever had the pleasure of shifting. Believe it or not I smoked an early 90's M3. Boy was that guy embarrassed when he saw the badge whizz by. As for them...
  16. I

Wharfedale 70's

Yeahh that would be pretty weird but I Haven't actually hooked up the EQ to the system yet, it's just how they ended up after years in storage. And Brian, thanks for the great info.
  17. I

Wharfedale 70's

Thanks a lot for the help, although I have a question Were you referring to my picture, or the one that JohnMac posted Forgive my ignorance, but what is the l-pad?
  18. I

Wharfedale 70's

Took your advice to see if the amp just had a weird L/R issue by switching the RCA jacks. That wasn't the issue. BUT I got brave and opened up the back. Noticed a wire had pulled off....something. Took a picture The second blue wire had pulled off of 1 (red). I soldered it on and it...
  19. I

Wharfedale 70's

Hey there, this is my first non-introductory post but I'll do my best to explain the question. Not much of an audiophile but learning what I can. I told my boss i was looking to build a sound system for home cheaply mostly for listening to music but also to run my TV through. He said he had a...
  20. I

Hello From Austin

Hey there guys, Attending UT down here for architecture. Living on my own finally! Just moved into my first apartment and started looking into building my first sound system. So far its been scraped together with stuff I find at garage sales/thrift stores but I'm getting there. Look...
Back
Top Bottom