Search results

1. JBCobra

1958 Voice of Music Model 580 console

Holy Smokes! THAT is COOL!!! :)
  2. JBCobra

blues amp

Blues and Jazz are my favorites. Get a Leak Stereo 20 and a simple passive pre. Classique Sounds is the best restorer of Leaks. That is what I did. Sounds amazing with Klipsch
  3. JBCobra

Pizza brick upgrade - homemade pizza

Wow ! Nice :) One trick I learned (the hard way) with pizza stones, is to pre-heat the oven all the way to 550 prior to putting the stone in. Otherwise the heat gets trapped between the stone and the element and burns them up or cracks the stone, or Both
  4. JBCobra

Re-break-in?

Yes, I was referring the crossover caps......
  5. JBCobra

Re-break-in?

What about the speaker caps? After sitting for a long while, do they re-form?
  6. JBCobra

What are your favorite kitchen tools?

corkscrew ;-)
  7. JBCobra

What was your temp this morning ?

0 this morning Yikes! Wind chill -20 9 at 3:15 pm
  8. JBCobra

Which EL847ECC83 for LEAK Stereo 20 Amp

I run 4 el84 1962 Mullard power tubes a Mullard GZ34 rectifier. Nothing else comes close. 2 Mullard 12ax7's perfectly balanced And in the front position, either a Telefunken smooth plate or a 1957 Mullard square getter 12ax7. The Holy Grail If you can't get Mullard Power tubes use the long...
  9. JBCobra

Opinions: re Russian K40Y-9 Caps

These caps sound fantastic in my Leak 20:thmbsp:
  10. JBCobra

Leak Stereo 50 amp?

For preamps on any Leak amp, just use a simple passive.:music:
  11. JBCobra

90s cars that may become future classics?

Maybe these will do well in the future VW Corrado
  12. JBCobra

Home Made Pizza!

Wow! that looks Yummy.:thmbsp:
  13. JBCobra

Home Made Pizza!

For doing pizza in the oven. Turn the oven on 550 or the max. your oven will go. Let it pre-heat all the way BEFORE putting the stone in. Otherwise you may burn up your heating element from the trapped heat under the stone. Doh! Ask me how I know! Wait an hour for the stone to get completely...
  14. JBCobra

Home Made Pizza!

Hi etellar, Yes it will work great. You need a pizza stone and a peel. Fill your Weber with natural charcoal. Get it BLAZING HOT. Put the rack in and put the stone on top of the rack. Wait at least a half hour for the stone to get to maximum heat and you are ready for business. Use the lid of...
  15. JBCobra

Custom Exhaust

Lol!
  16. JBCobra

Home Made Pizza!

I get my BGE up to about 750 with a pizza stone in there. Cooks pizzas in 3-4 minutes. I crank out of a bunch of them when having pizza parties. Awesome flavor. Guest love 'em too
  17. JBCobra

Broccoli Poll

I thought broccoli was just a garnish:dunno::stupid:
  18. JBCobra

My Best Score of the Summer – A Big Green Egg!

I Love my Big Green Egg. Got it 3 years ago. You can Grill, Smoke, anything. Pizzas are really excellent. Get the temp up to 700+. Cooks a pizza in 4 minutes tops. Put a giant pork butt on there for 14 hours on one batch of charcoal. Really Cool. Congrats :)
  19. JBCobra

Charcoal or Propane

LOL! That made me chortle:thmbsp: Lighter fluid-soaked charcoal briquettes for hot dogs... to give them that 'cook-out' flavor I remember from my youth. [/LIST] I use a gas grill only when I need to grill something on short notice. The rest of the time I really enjoy my Big Green Egg...
  20. JBCobra

Leak Stereo 20

A passive pre is the best option for the Leak 20. Get the amp sorted or you could really mess it up. Fresh caps, resistors, the works. The Russian PIO's sound awesome in there. These little amps sound amazing when in perfect order. No hums or noises of any type. Tube selection easily...
  21. JBCobra

Wd-40 banned !!

The best stuff for cleaning up a filthy bbq grill. Looks like new again
  22. JBCobra

New tires

Just go with the Michelins.
  23. JBCobra

Has anyone had tube burn out on them yet?

I have had a couple Gold Lion re-issue EL84's burn up and put on a crazy lightshow....
Back
Top Bottom