Search results

1. EL Duke-A

Recap RS IIIs

Good feedback... based on that point... since the emits sound good... i’ll just do the mids thanks for the help and guidance seifreit & BKphoto
  2. EL Duke-A

Recap RS IIIs

Is this a reasonable plan? replace tweeter 6uf 100v cap w/ two 3uf 250v dayton audio pmpc precision audio caps. for mids / replace 100uf 100v cap with one dayton audio DMPC 100uf 250v polyproplene cap... then also in the mids replace the 12.5uf with one dayton pmpc precision 5.6uf 250v and one...
  3. EL Duke-A

Recap RS IIIs

ha - i hear you... looked over 2nd crossover... nothing glaring there either... So if i were to do anything... what would you do... on the less evasive side...? the 6uf tweeter cap and the 100 & 12.5ufs for the mids? Or maybe also 100+75 in parallel hanging off that large 1,100 can for the...
  4. EL Duke-A

Recap RS IIIs

Pulled open crossover section... everything looks great... none of the caps were leaking or swelled... speakers still sound good... wondering if i should leave well enough alone...
  5. EL Duke-A

Recap RS IIIs

my speakers are the non-B versions... straight RS-IIIs... but fair point and i’ll pull to confirm in advance. Thanks.
  6. EL Duke-A

Recap RS IIIs

Nice - much appreciated!!! more to come here as i tackle this project.
  7. EL Duke-A

Recap RS IIIs

cool. Mind me asking for your parts list? No worries if you dont have easily sharable... expect i can figure it out with tips above. so... do you guys think this will make them sound better? about how much will i end up spending ball park? What like $150-200 ish?
  8. EL Duke-A

Recap RS IIIs

Cool - maybe i’ll call parts express and put together an order. noticed one of the caps is 1,100 uf... another 600... those are big... did not see anything like that on parts express site... wonder if i can get something that will work.
  9. EL Duke-A

Recap RS IIIs

Considering recapping my RS IIIs. Made 1981- 1983. Schematic below. a) will it make then sound better? b) what caps should i use? Dont mind spending some coin for quality... within cost reason. c) where should i buy from? Parts express okay? d) should i do all the caps? Any other...
  10. EL Duke-A

Best improvement / bang for buck

Coming back to streaming - read using air play 2 via my iphone and roku+ stick is basically like wi-fi streaming... it allows for up to cd quality so better than iPhone bluetooth or any of the native roku music apps connection... been using air play with spodify and it really does sound good...
  11. EL Duke-A

B&k st202 - too hot? Seeking manual...

Cool - thanks for schematic. Very helpful
  12. EL Duke-A

Thanks for reply. Should have confirmed bias setting with him. He did know the design and target/ideal bias setting buy i did not confirm the number he used. had a good listening session last night and the amp did A-okay... Appreciate the input.
  13. EL Duke-A

not 100% sure. He told me a few things it could be but i don’t have strong tech understanding so did not retain the information... of the things he suggested, a bad pot was not on his list, but maybe thats what it is... in terms of balance... the two channels sound equal. I plan to use the...
  14. EL Duke-A

got amp back from tech. He was able to adjust bias on left channel to run cooler and be within spec. The right channel seems to have some type of issue and he was not able to get it to run cooler with bias... he had some theories as to perhaps why that was the case, but said not really worth the...
  15. EL Duke-A

Wow. That is massively helpful. Thanks joseHH. Much appreciated. Decided to let my local vintage tech guy (who has been at this for 30 years and i trust) give the amp a once over and have relayed this information to him. Hope to have the amp back in a week or two and will report back with...
  16. EL Duke-A

roger that... full on stop here. :-)
  17. EL Duke-A

Idle test complete - plugged in for 30 min with nothing attached. Right channel heat fins measure 120 degrees and left 110... not sure if thats normal or indicative of potential issue...
  18. EL Duke-A

Hi all - just got a new to me st202. Sounds amazing and very happy with it... but it does run hot. Maybe too hot...??? Pushing 4ohm infinity rsiiis and after 15 min at about -25db w/ power subs handing 80hrz down (crossover set in pre-amp) the st202 amp gets hot... right side heat fins get...
  19. EL Duke-A

Meant to type lpf of lfe is set to 120hz... crossover for all of the speakers for bass management is set to 80hz... so already set where you suggested . Thanks for catching that.
  20. EL Duke-A

hey Gman - all good points. mains are 4 ohm. The b&k power amp pushing them is rated for 4 ohms. sub woofers - crossovers set to full - 120/lfe and gains are about 1/2 turn. Infinity RSiii mains are rated down to 40 hrz and center 50 hrz. receiver highpass for lfe set to 120hrz and lowpass...
  21. EL Duke-A

first off - thank you for taking the time to write this. I found it extremely helpful. interestingly, before you wrote this i was starting to track to what you suggested. i played around with mains closer to center channel and subs on the outside and the reverse... mains outside of subs so...
  22. EL Duke-A

yeah - i was wondering about that... contemplating the matching tower speakers for the martin logan 50 xti... the 60xti s... but that would be very expensive and i was trying not to spend a lot of money... perhaps some day i will pull the trigger on that.
  23. EL Duke-A

nice. Thanks for sharing. sounds like a good bang for your buck. Not clear on how you are using the optical adaptor? What audio out jack are you using on the Airport Ex and what version of the airport are you using?
  24. EL Duke-A

Cool. let us know how it goes. Trying to remember if i still have an airport around... had one a some point i think...
  25. EL Duke-A

On my gosh... i’ve read up a bit on the whole Hi-res audio streaming services like tidal and amazon HD... my conclusion... HD audio is arguable not ready for the masses. I predict improvements/simplification in how it works over next few years - at least i hope that happens. okay, you need...
Back
Top Bottom