Search results

1. powerdoc

10 1/2" tape reels 1/4" Lots of them and what value?

Besides the 456's, what other tapes were subject to the sticky shed?
  2. powerdoc

Thanks again folks! So next step is cataloguing what brands are here. I'm sure there are some 456 reels but most are not. I want to crank up one of my 1/2 track machines but I'll need one of my sons-in-law to help me lift it to be with the audio components.
  3. powerdoc

Wow, such interest! All appear to be metal reels. I agree with value, the tapes may be worth more than the recorder but that's OK
  4. powerdoc

I recently bought a Sony TC--850 recorder and with it I got 97 (yes 97!) reels of 10 1/2" tape. There is music pre-recorded on them and a bunch of cards that reference each tape and the music on it. It's like a compilation of no one artist or genre but mostly rock. It's 2 track recorded on ...
  5. powerdoc

? Common ground for Marantz receiver

About to run some wires for Atmos .4 setup and I'd like to know if it is ok to wire the speakers as common ground. I have an SR 6013 and I've looked at the schematic for an SR 6005 and on the block diagram it appears to indicate that the grounds are common for the speaker outputs. Just for the...
  6. powerdoc

EV 12trxb wiring diagram for tweeter

I just this afternoon got a pair of EV 12TRXB's, the later version with the white baskets. Testing them out there did not seem to be any tweeter output and one of the pots had a broken wire and the original owner was using a pair of 'Shack outboard tweeters. Tomorrow I'm going to take them...
  7. powerdoc

Onkyo tx-nr809 and Thiel equalizer

Thanks! Not that I'm lacking for outboard amps but I was hopeful to avoid that!
  8. powerdoc

Onkyo tx-nr809 and Thiel equalizer

I recently got a pair of Thiel 3.5's with an equalizer and I assumed, incorrectly that my nr809 had a tape loop or some reasonable facsimile. Is there a way to connect the Thiel equalizer?
  9. powerdoc

JBL L100t3 diminished value due to replaced woofer

Thanks to all who have responded; did not know about the values forum and I'll use it next time I need something similar. Looked for the proper woofer in pairs and that's a no-go right now and probably more money than I can sell the existing structure for.
  10. powerdoc

JBL L100t3 diminished value due to replaced woofer

I've owned these speakers for probably 20 years and they always sounded good to me but I posted them for sale and a prospective buyer said the woofers were replaced. I removed the speaker and indeed it is a Pioneer woofer replacement. I had listed the speakers for $600 and I was wondering what...
  11. powerdoc

h'man772: Do you still have your HR-772? Have you had to service it?

h'man772: Do you still have your HR-772? Have you had to service it?
  12. powerdoc

Carver HR-772, dead, help with capacitors and general diagnosis

Thanks! I'll get on that. I think I'd seen these mentioned in the past but not recently, and usually with tubed equipment. New filter caps should be here tomorrow and we'll see if it makes any difference. Fluke meter does not read any capacitance at all; assume that means bad (never used the...
  13. powerdoc

Thanks for the information! What is a DBT? A variac? One problem I've found is that all the caps for the main power are too wide; the originals are just a shade over 1" and the the newer ones are 37mm.
  14. powerdoc

Recently acquired HR-772 which I knew was dead when I bought it. Some obviously suspect caps in power supply section. Can't seem to find 8200 80v filter cap with radial leads. Any suggestions? Problem is the radial leads not the voltage or mfd rating. Also any suggestions for articles to...
  15. powerdoc

Tip for adjusting idle current on the Marantz 2325

Just got a 2325 yesterday at a garage sale. Timely blast from the past!
  16. powerdoc

Estate sale booty: Viking 86 RTR

Well it followed me home from an estate sale. When it was new, I always wanted one (the Allied catalogue was my bible) but that was when I was 10 or 11. I paid a bit more than I wanted but the heads were good. It didn't have any audio connections (the Fisher tube it was connected to already...
  17. powerdoc

New to me Marantz 2325, question about usual problems

A Marantz 2325 followed me home today from a garage sale for about the price of an airline ticket from NYC to Boston. All I could do at the sale was plug it in (lights worked and on FM the meter for center channel worked) but couldn't test output. Anyway for the price I payed I felt it was a...
  18. powerdoc

ARCAM Diva A75 Plus problem(s)

I bought this amp from a charity web site where they said that it was checked to see if it turned on but was sold strictly as-is. I figured that there was probably some difficulty as some of the screws were missing but until I got it and started to go into it did I realize the depth of the...
  19. powerdoc

Refoam Thiel CS3.5 midrange

Looking to buy a pair of these speakers but the mids have bad surrounds. Is there anything special about redoing the surrounds?
  20. powerdoc

Scott Amplifier 260/13 problem

That looks like the trick! Thanks; need to load the large paper in my printer .Not sure of the minutia of this version compared to mine but as far as form factor and the way it looks underneath and above it looks like a dead ringer! Now just to find those gold caps for the knobs. Thanks! to...
  21. powerdoc

It's getting power to the transformer; one of the leads from the transformer appears to have no voltage over ground so I needed the schematic to see the transformer connections.
  22. powerdoc

Would get seriously castrated if I chose to look at the Electro site from work
  23. powerdoc

Thanks for the reply; I saw the thing at Electrotanya (is that a trustworthy site?) but didn't know if it had the schematic, and without that it's not really helpful. I'll keep looking, thanks! and if I find one I'll donate it. I do fortunately have a large format printer at home so I can make...
  24. powerdoc

I got this amp for a song, of course not working, but it looks virginal and, save some gold knob ends, is intact. Dirty inside, naturally, but I need a schematic to trace the power supply. Looked extensively on Google but can't seem to find the right schematic. Any helpers? Thanks!
  25. powerdoc

Berners.ch site for downloads for Mac...anyone successfully downloading?

My problem is that the unit I bought at fire sale price doesn't smell like smoke but of cat pee! The unit itself will need alignment.
Back
Top Bottom